Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Using ice cubes in a ziplock bag for face tightening?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Can that technique help to tightening and tone your face? Is that a temporary effect or it can tighten the face with continuous application?

Thank You!
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:51 am      Reply with quote
What I do is put the cubes in a ziplock bag and cover the bag with a cotton wipe and apply directly on face.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Not a very good idea if you get broken capillaries easily, so be aware of that and be careful!
For a bit of instant tightening maybe you could also try an egg white mask if you're prone to broken caps.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I would say it's just a temporary effect, like washing face with very cold water and it cannot be good for skin if over done...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Too long and you can damage the skin, forms ice crystals in the skins cells! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:44 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Too long and you can damage the skin, forms ice crystals in the skins cells! Wink

for real? that would be horrible, frost bite from within!!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

for real? that would be horrible, frost bite from within!!!

Yep....self induced frostbite, that is why when you read directions on the freezer gel packs it says so long on and so long off, and wrap in a towel or cloth! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
What I do is put the cubes in a ziplock bag and cover the bag with a cotton wipe and apply directly on face.

Are you just running over your skin with the icepack or letting it sit for how long?

This is the same Old Wives Tale that was started a while ago about the French splashing their breasts with ice water to firm them up. It makes the muscles temporarily contract but has zero lasting effect. Think about the effect guys have when jumping into cold water... doesnt last long.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
So maybe lasers like fraxel can help better?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
So maybe lasers like fraxel can help better?

I have mixed thoughts regarding lasers as well.. I would rather dermaroll than lasers but if lasers are providing excellent results n no side effects in the long run, i ll go for it.....
sally565
5% products discount

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:10 am      Reply with quote
but guys, the raw vegan rhio who has the most amazing plump, firm skin says 1 of beauty secrets is to splash her face with ice cold water for a full 5 mins a day using a wash cloth (and rubber gloves on her hands so her hands dont freeze!) She reckons this tones the skin. Also Tonya Zavasta, another raw vegan who also has gorgeous, firm skin recommends rubbing an ice cube on your skin everyday. And loulou from ageless if you dare says she tries to splash her face with cold water a couple of times a day. Her theory is that when the skin is subjected to freezing temperatures it lays down a layer of fat to insulate itself. This is good because it would plump out the face. Apparently this is seen in athletic swimmers who often swim in cold water. Apparently Marylin Monroe used to bathe in a bathful of ice cubes! Iv even read Eva Mendes does the whole ice cube splash thing with witch hazel added to get rid of puffiness in the mornings, and she looks very young for her age. Iv been thinking about doing this for a while as i have quiet a long face which has a tendency to get quite thin. I want to just to fatten it up or at least preserve some of the fat i do have. On the hand im afraid it may actually cause my face to lose fat by increasing the energy burned in that area i.e. the body will pump extra blood in the face in order to 'heat it' up and this will the fat to be burned? What do guys think?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:30 am      Reply with quote
sally565 wrote:
but guys, the raw vegan rhio who has the most amazing plump, firm skin says 1 of beauty secrets is to splash her face with ice cold water for a full 5 mins a day using a wash cloth (and rubber gloves on her hands so her hands dont freeze!) She reckons this tones the skin.

This doesn't make sense to me, she cares about her hands not freezing but not face???? I don't know who this person is but I'm betting her great skin comes from her diet not this.

Ice is helpful for puffiness but wont have any cumulative effects to tighten, firm, or lift the skin. Any non-rx product applied topically does not reach deep enough to do any of these things. Even rx (tretinoin, tazarotene)have limited abilities.
sally565
5% products discount

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:07 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
sally565 wrote:
but guys, the raw vegan rhio who has the most amazing plump, firm skin says 1 of beauty secrets is to splash her face with ice cold water for a full 5 mins a day using a wash cloth (and rubber gloves on her hands so her hands dont freeze!) She reckons this tones the skin.

This doesn't make sense to me, she cares about her hands not freezing but not face???? I don't know who this person is but I'm betting her great skin comes from her diet not this.

Ice is helpful for puffiness but wont have any cumulative effects to tighten, firm, or lift the skin. Any non-rx product applied topically does not reach deep enough to do any of these things. Even rx (tretinoin, tazarotene)have limited abilities.
she wears gloves so her hands dont get cold because she wouldnt be able to use them then!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:16 am      Reply with quote
sally565 wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:
sally565 wrote:

she wears gloves so her hands dont get cold because she wouldnt be able to use them then!

What type of gloves? Only insulated and waterproof gloves would keep your hands from getting cold. Confused Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:18 am      Reply with quote
sally565 wrote:
but guys, the raw vegan rhio who has the most amazing plump, firm skin says 1 of beauty secrets is to splash her face with ice cold water for a full 5 mins a day using a wash cloth (and rubber gloves on her hands so her hands dont freeze!) She reckons this tones the skin. Also Tonya Zavasta, another raw vegan who also has gorgeous, firm skin recommends rubbing an ice cube on your skin everyday. And loulou from ageless if you dare says she tries to splash her face with cold water a couple of times a day. Her theory is that when the skin is subjected to freezing temperatures it lays down a layer of fat to insulate itself. This is good because it would plump out the face. Apparently this is seen in athletic swimmers who often swim in cold water. Apparently Marylin Monroe used to bathe in a bathful of ice cubes! Iv even read Eva Mendes does the whole ice cube splash thing with witch hazel added to get rid of puffiness in the mornings, and she looks very young for her age. Iv been thinking about doing this for a while as i have quiet a long face which has a tendency to get quite thin. I want to just to fatten it up or at least preserve some of the fat i do have. On the hand im afraid it may actually cause my face to lose fat by increasing the energy burned in that area i.e. the body will pump extra blood in the face in order to 'heat it' up and this will the fat to be burned? What do guys think?

I guess moderation is the key.. if it works for someone and no harm noticed, then why not! Heck, I may try it too, lol!
Jadzaluk
5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I am sure that they do more for their skin than use ice.
Any number of factors could be responsible for good results... Its not exactly scientific. All this anecdotal info is fine, but it is just that.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |