Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rceipe for a hylauronic acid serum/moisturiser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
beaufort323
5% products discount

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello my son suffers with dry skin and occasionally breaks out with spots on his neck and forehead.

Im hopefully going to start him on the oil cleansing method but also want to try and make a hylauronic acid serum or moisturiser for him as he read somewhere it was good for dry skin? is this correct?

would anybody be so kind to point me in the right direction of a good diy recipe please

many thanks
Cat_eyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
HA acid is a humectant. It draws moisture to the skin. When using it, it is wise to spritz the face with a hydrosol prior to use; especially if you are in a dry environment. To make a 1% HA serum you can mix .3 grams of HA powder with one ounce of distilled water. Shake very well, put in fridge and it will develop over 4-6 hours. Look for a low molecular weight HA. bulkactives has a good one. The product will be clumpy at first. As time goes by it will thicken. When its ready for use it will be clear and a little thick. It could be runny depending on the molecular weight of the HA. Some people choose to buy the finished product. Garden of wisdom has many good ones. When the serum is complete you can add sea emollient or SKB. This will give it some moisturizing capabilities. If it still isn't moisturizing enough you can mix some oil in your hand with the serum prior to each use. However, don't mix oil in the whole batch of serum. Niacinamide is good for acne too. HTH

5% products discount

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
hi Cats eyes, sorry for the delay in respondng.

Ive got some Hylauronic acid from skin essential actives ,Im not sure about is molecular weight though, i also have sea kelp ultramarine and skb, I also have some Niamicide.

What amounts would you suggest I use please .

thanks for your help Smile
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
If you make a 1% HA solution as Cat_Eyes described, the HA solution, skb, and sk ultramarine can be used at full strength. Maybe try a something like
70% HA solution prepared with 1% HA and 99% water
25% SKB or ultramarine or a mix of both
5% Niacinamide at most to start of with

The Niacinamide should dissolve easily into the mix. You could also replace some ha solution or skb for a small (maybe 3%) or glycerin.

Honestly this formula can be adapted to suit your son's preferences. Make a small batch and keep in the fridge or add a preservative or it will spoil very quickly. Making small batches also will help you adapt the recipe to his liking. Have him follow up with a moisturizer or oil. Hope his helps.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your response KMRV8

Is there anyway of making this so it becomes a moisturiser rather than having to follow up with one

many thanks
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am      Reply with quote
A simple moisturizer formula might look something like this
Water phase
35% distilled water or hydrosol
25% HA solution
10% skb
5% glycerine
Oil phase
17% of your favorite oils or butters
4% E wax

After cool down add 4% nia.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Some say they do not need a moisturizer after. I find it necessary to use one. Have you tried the recipe provided?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:55 am      Reply with quote
For those who make/share/sell DIY products, and want to make 12oz of a 1% HA solution, try this one (compliments of Pure Bulk.)

Hyaluronic 1% Solution

Preparation:
To prepare 12 fluid ounces of 1% (by weight) Hyaluronic Acid solution, be aware it should only be dissolved in cold water. Never attempt to dissolve Hyaluronic Acid in hot or room temperature water. You will need the following items:

3.56 grams Hyaluronic Acid Powder.
12 fluid ounces cold distilled water.
16 fluid ounce or larger capacity wide mouth glass or plastic water bottle with a tightly sealing lid.
Gram weight measuring scale with an accuracy of 0.01 gram and a capacity of 100 grams.
Pint sized glass or plastic measuring cup.
A wide-range cooking thermometer (that can go down to freezing)

Directions:
1. Measure out 12 fluid ounces distilled water and pour into water bottle.
2. Place in refrigerator for about 4 hours.
3. Measure the temperature of water to confirm water temperature is 39°F (4°C) or less.
4. Measure 3.56 grams Hyaluronic Acid powder (approximately two level teaspoons).
5. Add the Hyaluronic Acid powder into the water bottle on top of the cold water.
6. Seal the bottle lid tightly and shake the bottle a few times. The Hyaluronic Acid powder will not appear to dissolve but will clump together in floating white masses. This is normal.
7. Place the water bottle with the Hyaluronic Acid powder and cold water into the refrigerator (but do not freeze).
8. Periodically, about every two to four hours, shake the bottle and then place immediately back into refrigerator. After 4 to 8 hours you will notice that the Hyaluronic Acid clumps are turning clear and dispersing into solution. After 12 to 24 hours the Hyaluronic Acid will be completely dissolved forming a thickened and gelatinous liquid with a viscosity between maple syrup and honey, but still pourable. Yield: For internal use a level tablespoon will net approximately 150 milligrams Hyaluronic Acid.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

can we take this internally then?? I wonder how we could preserve it?

I have some low molecular weight HA that my skin didn't like, may have a use for it after all,

thanks

Jackie xx
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
If you make DIY in small batches for internal use and kept in the fridge, it wouldn't need a preservative but I would only make enough for the week. LMW HA is different than the regular HA, and I have heard it doesn't form a gel like the regular, so IDK if formulating with it is any different.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi Kassy,

can we take this internally then?? I wonder how we could preserve it?

I have some low molecular weight HA that my skin didn't like, may have a use for it after all,

thanks

Jackie xx

You'll find all the answers here, including how to preserve;
http://purebulk.com/hyaluronic-acid-na-hyaluronate

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
faegirlie

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie I just wanted to share a preserving method for the HA.
1/2 teaspoon Leucidal liquid (from radish root)
1 level teaspoon of HA
and 3.4 oz of distilled water.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A, is this solution drinkable? How many ml per day??

Kassy_A wrote:
For those who make/share/sell DIY products, and want to make 12oz of a 1% HA solution, try this one (compliments of Pure Bulk.)

Hyaluronic 1% Solution

Preparation:
To prepare 12 fluid ounces of 1% (by weight) Hyaluronic Acid solution, be aware it should only be dissolved in cold water. Never attempt to dissolve Hyaluronic Acid in hot or room temperature water. You will need the following items:

3.56 grams Hyaluronic Acid Powder.
12 fluid ounces cold distilled water.
16 fluid ounce or larger capacity wide mouth glass or plastic water bottle with a tightly sealing lid.
Gram weight measuring scale with an accuracy of 0.01 gram and a capacity of 100 grams.
Pint sized glass or plastic measuring cup.
A wide-range cooking thermometer (that can go down to freezing)

Directions:
1. Measure out 12 fluid ounces distilled water and pour into water bottle.
2. Place in refrigerator for about 4 hours.
3. Measure the temperature of water to confirm water temperature is 39°F (4°C) or less.
4. Measure 3.56 grams Hyaluronic Acid powder (approximately two level teaspoons).
5. Add the Hyaluronic Acid powder into the water bottle on top of the cold water.
6. Seal the bottle lid tightly and shake the bottle a few times. The Hyaluronic Acid powder will not appear to dissolve but will clump together in floating white masses. This is normal.
7. Place the water bottle with the Hyaluronic Acid powder and cold water into the refrigerator (but do not freeze).
8. Periodically, about every two to four hours, shake the bottle and then place immediately back into refrigerator. After 4 to 8 hours you will notice that the Hyaluronic Acid clumps are turning clear and dispersing into solution. After 12 to 24 hours the Hyaluronic Acid will be completely dissolved forming a thickened and gelatinous liquid with a viscosity between maple syrup and honey, but still pourable. Yield: For internal use a level tablespoon will net approximately 150 milligrams Hyaluronic Acid.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2014 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Kassy_A, is this solution drinkable? How many ml per day??

Yes, if prepared as indicated above, 1 level tablespoon will yield 150mg. (If using as a supplement, 1/2 the recipe and leave out the preservative. It will stay potent in the fridge for about a week.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |