Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone had chin liposuction?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really skinny and fit but never seem to lose my double chin. So now I'm considering chin liposuction. Does anyone have any experience they want to share?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I have not, but the doctor who did my upper and lower bleph does it. He did it on a friend of my son and daughter-in-law's last year. I was with her at the coast on Memorial Weekend and I would never have known.
It looked very smooth and natural, no lumpiness or scars. she said he did it with a local and she was awake but not in pain. Scary!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I have, at the time I was 40 but the surgeon said that this is not a procedure for one a few years older, where a tuck would be necessary because the skin would not snap back tight. For several weeks I wore a support band to bed and massaged the area to remove the lumps. At 55 I'm still happy with the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
So,
this is better for younger people under 40?
I am very interested in this as my face is kind of round and I have never been able to get rid of the fat under the chin area- had that since i was a kid...
-and still not pleased with that.

I want to look into it,but also I'm not up to doing any more surgical things this year...had enough other issues already Rolling Eyes (not cosmetic though)
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:51 am      Reply with quote
It really depends how elastic your skin is. If you have good elasticity you can do this at any age really but there is always a risk that skin wont contract well. I think it also depends on how much fat needs to be removed.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Katherine was 24 when she had hers done, and as I said it looked great. The hubby would love to have one of his removed (genetic trait) but has not got around to it and at 50 would have to have the tuck with it most likely. His Mom did at 54 or so and her doc said she had to have the lift/tuck with it. It looked very nicely done.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I just came back from the dr. and asked about the same thing!
I have an appointment next month for a consultation. I have had good luck with lipo on my body (tummy and then back).
I have never had real sugery as in getting an anesthetic and am not going to for cosmetic purposes. I have found the pain really minimal with the two procedures I had.
Will let you know what I find out!
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Please do!
I'm wondering how long the downtime is. Doctors claim that it's possible to go back to work a few days after the surgery (using foundation to cover the bruises). However, I've read that it takes a really long time for the swelling to go down. The swelling is my main concern. People report that their double chin actually looked worse for the first few months! Shock Sad

I also need to find a good plastic surgeon in Chicago. Does anyone know anybody?
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:45 am      Reply with quote
The Titan Laser worked great on my double chin. It really sharpened my chin line and helped with my loose skin on my neck. I'd recommend it highly. I had no down time and noticed an immediate change, although it does take about two months to really see the most improvement.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |