Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is Glycolic acid safe to use on my skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Dona

Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am East Indian with dark skin within the last few years i notice some white spots on my face had all test possible done by my doctors and they have found nothing wrong with me.

A friend told me about Glycolic Acids she had great results and believe you me her skin is rough and slightly dark in colour, did some search online but there is a lot of warnings about it like using sun cream a after applying it, burning and stinning of the skin and so on.

Can anyone who use it share their experience with me desperate to get rid of these spots.

Dona
gaffer
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
hi dona. yes i have used Neostrata's glycolic acid before. i had no problem with it. i do have dry skin though so i found that i had to moisturize in the middle of the night. when i told this to the neostrata customer service they suggested their cream for dry skin (makes sense) which uses gluconolactone which is milder than glycolic acid. i use Neostata's eye cream and face cream with gluconolactone and i love it.

east indian skin is usually thicker and less dry than caucasian skin so you are probably fine with glycolic acid but i would ask your cosmetician or ask neostrata. www.canderm.ca

by the way do you have any exotic east indian cures for undereye circles? good luck, gaffer
Dona

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank You Gaffer, will look their site up right now. I do have dark circles and bags under my eyes i never sleep and have tried reviva labs firming eye serum and miracell it both help even my mom uses it i think you are in Canada not sure where you get it there but i normally buy from myskincare.co.uk web site the miracell i find good for scar and keeping my skin soft and moist it's a bit expencive but it good especialy if you have dry skin like me i also find the two work well together for any magic cures i don't know of any for dark circles let you know though.
Dona
gaffer
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
hi again dona, sorry but i don't think that neostrata sells outside of canada. some people can get it in the states at specialty stores. neostrata is made by canderm which is a pharmaceutical company not a cosmetics company. lots of their lines can only be bought through plastic/cosmetic surgeons and aren't even on their web site. anyhow with this said i think that their use of glycolic acid and gluconolactone is a testament to its benefits. if using glycolic acid you can start at 6% but you need to eventually use 8% to get the benefits. if it is too drying try the gluconolactone or another type of milder AHA that is out their in the uk. go to your local cosmetics counter and ask the cosmetician to help and then do some research on your choices and decide what is best for you. lots of info on the web.
Dona

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Gaffer, just visited their site no luck realy will try local indeed.I will try reviva labs skin peel and 5%glycolic acid gel and toner.
Many Thanks
Dona
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what's glycolic acid and AHA for?? hmm
I just started to know Vit-C..
wonder if Glycolic acid and AHA is for the same thing??
gaffer
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what's glycolic acid and AHA for??
I just started to know Vit-C..
wonder if Glycolic acid and AHA is for the same thing??

hi christine, aha is alpha hydroxy acid. it is an exfoliator. glycolic acid is an aha, gluconolactone is milder on the skin and good for dry or sensitive skin that can not handle glycolic acid
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
gaffer,can u explain more what're their benefits?
Is it for reducing wrinkle or for acne?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:12 am      Reply with quote
wave Hi Dona.

I have used the Reviva and Miracell from myskincare.co.uk too and its all great stuff. Send an email via their link and ask them for advice, the guy who runs the site is very knowledgable about skin care and looks after his customers well. He may be able to help you with a Glycolic product too Smile
Mabsy

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I've used many products with glycolic acid in them and have had no problems. They tend to work on my skin very well. It is *very* important though that you DO use sunblock especially while using AHA products as your skin is more sensitive to light.
gaffer
5% products discount

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:48 am      Reply with quote
[size=9]gaffer,can u explain more what're their benefits?
Is it for reducing wrinkle or for acne?
[/size]

hi christine, glycolic acid is an AHA and gluconolactone is a PHA (polyhydroxy acid)both are exfoliators and help to reduce wrinkles and even skin tone. gluconolactone is milder than glycolic acid, a good alternative for those with more sensitive skin or dry skin. there are a few lines out there that use aha/pha but i know and use neostrata. check outwww.smartskincare.com and go into anti-aging treatments and go to alpha-hydroxy acid, it will tell you about it. for more check outwww.canderm.ca[/code]
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much gaffer Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |