Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Is fat grafting for the cheeks permanent?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Are there any new techniques that can bond the fat to your cheek bone structure and avoid fat absorption and dispersion?

Thank You!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Fat cells don't attach to bone AFAIK, muscle and connective tissue does. Even if you could 'glue' on one layer of cells all the other fat cells would have to attach to the bottom layer. Have you considered discussing a selection of cosmetic procedures with a dermatologist?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
What ever fat that retains is permanent. Unfortunately only about 1/3 to 1/2 is said to remain from each grafting. Some dr's will inject more to compensate for that.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
You might consider Sculptra instead. My fat graphs were done 8 years ago. I only had one round. I would say 25-35% remains, mostly in my cheek hollows...which are still improved. The fat has dissipated under my eyes. Might I also mention that I have a lump under one eye at the injection site, that I could always see, but is now very prominent. Mad

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
You might consider Sculptra instead. My fat graphs were done 8 years ago. I only had one round. I would say 25-35% remains, mostly in my cheek hollows...which are still improved. The fat has dissipated under my eyes. Might I also mention that I have a lump under one eye at the injection site, that I could always see, but is now very prominent. Mad

Yikes! what were your results right afterward? well I mean a few months later and for how long, were they good! Again I am asuming they were good at first
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I had very sunken-in cheeks and they filled out nicely...and it looked really good under my eyes. That was the part I really liked best (except for the lump which I assumed would eventually go away...WRONG!) On the negative side, I always felt that my face looked lumpy and bumpy and knew that I needed another round or two to get it nice and even. I just didn't want to go under anesthesia again, because it always causes hair loss for me...so after that one round, I was done.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I had very sunken-in cheeks and they filled out nicely...and it looked really good under my eyes. That was the part I really liked best (except for the lump which I assumed would eventually go away...WRONG!) On the negative side, I always felt that my face looked lumpy and bumpy and knew that I needed another round or two to get it nice and even. I just didn't want to go under anesthesia again, because it always causes hair loss for me...so after that one round, I was done.

Thanks Mountaingirl! I've noticed what your saying with some that get fillers as well, I can see areas, that for lack of better description, aren't as smooth as should be! I do hope your bump goes away!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Ditto on Tiny's good wishes!

Is it any better since the "Vampire Facelift" and did you feel that would give better results, assuming possibly since you went for it? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Yeah Dark Moon...I am hoping that the PRP will even out the bumpiness in my skin, especially if I have a few rounds. I can't see any difference yet and I'm hoping that starting the Reluma around the same time doesn't skew my ability to determine which may cause the improvement in my skin.

SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
You have to repeat it every six months for at least three times in a row. I had this done to my face about fifteen years ago and it lasted a very long time.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |