Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Post Menopause and the "s" word...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I have a friend....(no, just kidding it's ME Laughing ) who sort of got through menopause unscathed for the most part... I did have ridiculous hot flashes, the night sweats...the "I'm going to chop your head off" mood swings - but I made it to the other side without hormones (though I had tried them a couple of times only to find they didn't agree with me. They never have - from the pill to Bio-Idents, I'm just way too sensitive to them.)

Anywhooooo.... one area that has really suffered is the "mojo" ... has anyone seen mine? Because it has gone out the window...couple that with the fact that I am so dry (sorry TMI) that there may as well be cacti and sand dunes in the southern part of the region... my poor husband...I would like to regain SOME kind of intimacy because as much as we'd like to kill each other half the time, we are/were very compatible in the bedroom area. I know there are all sorts of creams and such I can buy to help in the dry-department (and I have used them) but I'd also like to enjoy it as well! My doctor suggested an estrogen cream/suppository and though I did get it, I'm reluctant to use it because I don't want any side effects... I guess I won't know until I try it - but has anyone used an estrogen cream and it helped in that department or is there something else natural that'll put the swing back in my step Rolling Eyes ?

Any advice is much appreciated.

xoMaria

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Poor dear!!!! Crying or Very sad

Definitely try the cream for dryness if it doesn't work stop it, you may also want your testosterone levels checked, they say some woman's go very low after menopause and is the root cause of no libido! I know its more hormones but if it fixes it Wink . Another as corny as it sounds read some good (not 50 shades) but good romance novels, kinda try to restart the brain!

ok that's my bucket of wisdom, sorry its not much
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Testosterone will help libido and sensitivity. My doc gave me and Rx for cream as often as I wish, some of which to be applied to clitorus- yes it definitely does make a difference! and I second the suggestion for erotic stimulation novels, etc. to get the imagination and juices flowing!

IMO sex is a glue that keeps relationships together (not that there isn't other important stuff). Hope this helps and good luck. PS I think that topical applications of estrogen (good as a skin cream to increase skin thickness) and testosterone are not as concerning as ingestion or injection as they bypass the liver.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
By all means you should use your cream. I have a tube .5 mg of cream that my gyn prescribed; it is perfectly safe. I have used it 6 times already. Lots of women go thru this. I had originally gone for an itching area of the vulva area that was driving me nuts. So after an examination and pap test, she said the inside has thinned a lot, which is very common in post menopausal women. The cream helped me greatly and is also good to use 2 weeks prior to a pap test. Its just makes it more comfortable.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |