Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
My face transformation in one year: Before and after!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
So it's been almost a year since I started my weightloss/beauty blog, and I thought I'd do a side by side picture of me from the start and now (33.2 pounds lighter). Even though I didn’t hit my goal weight this past year, I still feel as if I look at least 6-7 years younger than when I started. My eyebrows and eyelids have definitely lifted, my lips got a little fuller, my jawline is firmer, my furrow lines (the dreaded 11s) have faded some, and I feel that overall my face has a softer appearance thanks to not only the weight loss but my facial exercise and Tanaka massage I've been doing for the last 6 months. Yes, I do have some makeup on in the recent picture, but only mascara, lipstick and blush, no foundation or concealer. I just couldn't stand looking at one more picture of me on that blog without being a little bit dolled up. Laughing

But I'm not stopping here, even though I've decided to stop doing the blog (too expensive and time consuming). I'm only halfway to goal weight and am determined to lose at least another 25-30 pounds before I turn 50 in November. Wish me luck!!!

And I have no idea why my lower lip looks so lopsided. I swear, it doesn't look this way in the mirror. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oh you gorgeous girl! Sandooch you look amazing - the combination of all that you have been doing has taken years off your already lovely face. Wow! You are positively glowing, your skin looks great...my goodness I could go on for days.

Congratulations!

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, I can really tell you lost some weight especially around the neck and jawline. You look great!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
You always looked great sandooch, but your year has done wonders you look amazing! Congratulations on what you have accomplished, and on your determination! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
7years? Make that 15!! You look nowhere near 50. Was it the exercises that made your lips larger? In any case, you are a testament to your methods.

You look great.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kudos big time. Wow! You look fantastic. All the work you have done has really paid off. You go girl, see ya in November.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! It's comments likes these that make me want to keep going and give it my all. They really help with my motivation.

mismis, yes the exercises have helped make my lips a little fuller, but I'm sure putting on lipstick also helps to give the look of fuller lips, too. Although, I didn't go past my lipline, though. My natural lip color used to be so much darker and the edges defined. Getting older was taking that away a bit.

Along with the one exercise in Ageless for the upper lip, I also did the extra lip exercise at the end, but for the upper and lower lip at the same time, not on just the lower lip like LouLou demonstrates in her dvd.

Plus, I do what I call Lip Pushups. Laughing What I do is put my hands, palms facing down, one on top of the other on a table in front of me. Then I rest my lips against them (completely relax my head with my lips pressed up against the back of my top hand). Then I start the lip pushups by kissing the back of my hand hard. Hold the kiss for a couple seconds and release. Repeat for a total of 20 slow reps, then do 20 more quickly. Your lips should be tingling/burning when your done. I don't know if any other facial workout does this, but I just thought it up one day to get an additional resistance exercise for the lips. Even though my lips have always been full, I did notice they were starting to get a bit thinner last year.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:04 am      Reply with quote
WOWW!!!!!!!

Just everything in your face and neck looks so GOOD! The eyelashes are the cherry on the cake, but I am most amazed about the way your neck has slimmed down WITHOUT ANY SAG. Same for your jawline! You really managed to take a lot of years off your face, and look amazing!

Congratulations, and kudos for your hard work and determinaton!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I agree with all said, you look GREAT !! Your eye lids are definately lifted, perfect age to lose years Laughing ! Trust me I am hitting 50, I can only wish to look as good and your neck does look amazing. Not to mention I want your lips, my small ones are jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Sandooch

Not only are you brave to post the pics and thank you for that, but you look fantastic Very Happy Very Happy

Definitely not 50, I think at least 10years off.
In the UK we have a programme called 10yrs younger you cant go on it!! Youve done it all yourself Laughing

Just lovely

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Thanks everyone! It's comments likes these that make me want to keep going and give it my all. They really help with my motivation.

mismis, yes the exercises have helped make my lips a little fuller, but I'm sure putting on lipstick also helps to give the look of fuller lips, too. Although, I didn't go past my lipline, though. My natural lip color used to be so much darker and the edges defined. Getting older was taking that away a bit.

Along with the one exercise in Ageless for the upper lip, I also did the extra lip exercise at the end, but for the upper and lower lip at the same time, not on just the lower lip like LouLou demonstrates in her dvd.

Plus, I do what I call Lip Pushups. Laughing What I do is put my hands, palms facing down, one on top of the other on a table in front of me. Then I rest my lips against them (completely relax my head with my lips pressed up against the back of my top hand). Then I start the lip pushups by kissing the back of my hand hard. Hold the kiss for a couple seconds and release. Repeat for a total of 20 slow reps, then do 20 more quickly. Your lips should be tingling/burning when your done. I don't know if any other facial workout does this, but I just thought it up one day to get an additional resistance exercise for the lips. Even though my lips have always been full, I did notice they were starting to get a bit thinner last year.

What impressive work!!! Keep it up. You look great!

You're eyes are more open!!!! Love it!

Re, your lip exercises... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I am going to try your lip exercises, your lips are NOT a little bit bigger they are a lot bigger!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:47 am      Reply with quote
My lips didn't also get bigger, so did my ego after reading all of your kind compliments. Laughing

Okay, to be fair, I took a close up of my lips today without lipstick (and also to prove they really aren't lopsided Wink ) to compare to my before. I have to show this to my family, because I constantly ask them if they think my lips look any plumper since I started facial exercise, to which they'd replied, "I can't really tell." I guess it's hard to tell when you live with someone day in and day out. But I'd say the proof is in the pictures. Watch out Angelina Jolie; I'm catching up to you. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
My lips didn't also get bigger, so did my ego after reading all of your kind compliments. Laughing

Okay, to be fair, I took a close up of my lips without lipstick (and also to prove they really aren't lopsided Wink ) to compare to my before. I have to show this to my family, because I constantly ask them if they think my lips look any plumper since I started facial exercise, to which they'd replied, "I can't really tell." I guess it's hard to tell when you live with someone day in and day out. But I'd say the proof is in the pictures. Watch out Angelina Jolie; I'm catching up to you. Laughing

They are NOT a little bit bigger, the difference is HUGE! and I want your lips Brick wall
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
They are NOT a little bit bigger, the difference is HUGE! and I want your lips Brick wall

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:05 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Cute sandooch, Tiny is right there is a major difference! Woman you have done amazing all around with your transformation, and you looked damn good to start with!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 am      Reply with quote
they are DEFINITELY bigger I want those too!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
You look great, Sandy!! I can really see a difference! Very Happy
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
First of all you look happy and healthy. Smile
Not to mention exotic and gorgeous. What is your ethnicity sandooch?
Your eyes are lifted AND look more relaxed - you literally look full and confident, like life is going your way.
You've changed your lips to become the focal point of your face and it works - VaVaVoom! Very flattering.
Your husband must feel great walking around with a knockout on his arm! I'm NOT even just saying that - you struck me as a remarkable looking woman when you posted your daughters grad pics.
Thanks for posting these - so inspiring!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Very inspiring and brave. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You are a beautiful kind person, inside and out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I keep coming back to look at your pictures Sandooch! It's so amazing what you have achieved! You didn´t need a year to get to stunning after all!
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There,

You look GREAT! You’re a true testament to Loulou’s Ageless if you dare. And, THOSE LIPS Shock ... Stick with your training girl and you’ll ALWAYS have those beautiful lips.. Such inspiring photos are so appreciated.

Deb

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Very inspiring and brave. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You are a beautiful kind person, inside and out.

Gorgeous girl, Sandy! You're my inspiration to never, ever quit, no matter how hard things are, x
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
You all are the best!!! Thanks so much. Image

Do you want to hear something funny? I just now saw that my youngest daughter was on her laptop, so I said to her, "Now I have proof that my lips are bigger! Check out my before and after pictures I just posted." So, with a big sigh because I was taking her away from her Tumblr, she looks on this site and along comes my oldest daughter to check it out, too. My older daughter sings out, "Photoshopped!" Shock Of course, she was kidding...I hope.

(Note to self: 18- and 21-year-old girls, do not get that impressed with their mom's before and afters. Laughing)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Looking great, Sandooch! Congratulations!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |