Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ACNE - Topical DHT Serum for DHT ACNE Problems
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kdvwest
5% products discount

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all. I have acne (age 27 male) and I'm currently having amazing success by supplementing w/ DHT inhibitors to rid myself of acne.

-----

QuestionQuestion 1: Are there any topical DIY DHT serums out there that can be applied on the face for acne skin issues?

-----

I know there are some for hair, but I would feel iffy about purchasing a hair product for facial use.

-----

So far I found that rosemary EO is good for facial use as a DHT inhibitor (& also for hair ladies), but I haven't heard of anyone using it for that purpose (acne issues on the face).

There is also saw palmetto extract that skinactives sells, but they don't state facial % use.

I emailed them about adding it to a B5+HA serum and got what it seemed like a drunk response that had no relation to my question. So I'm going to send them another and hope I catch someone when they're sober.

-----

QuestionQuestion 2: Has anyone tried or heard of anyone that has went to the topical DHT approach for ridding themselves of acne?

-----

I searched the internets and did some googles, but can't seem to find anything about DHT serums other than people suggesting a spiro cream.

Wanted to craft someone that would deal w/ skin issues while also dealing w/ acne (in regards to DHT inhibition) @ the same time.

-----

Thanks for any responses.
maxon782
5% products discount

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering what DHT inhibitors you are taking that have helped to get rid of your acne?

Thanks
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Rosemary also does that.You can search for the relative study if you dont believe me.

Quote:
reducing stress should reduce muscle tension, which should increase bloodflow in/ out of the scalp, which should increase aromatase efficiency, which should lower DHT levels

Let that blood flow into the area,and dont eat acidic foods that will block the lymphatic system sooner or later.
Dont stress but oh well easy to say that.Strong spirit isnt afraid of anything.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
maxon782 wrote:
I was wondering what DHT inhibitors you are taking that have helped to get rid of your acne?
Thanks

Saw Palmetto Extract 160mg
Fo-Ti
Licorice Root
Stinging Nettle Root (no extract)
Pumpkin Seed Oil

Vitamin D3 - 5000iu (haven't tested my levels)
Lycopene - 10mg

Beta Sitosterol
-----
Everything above has some type of inhibition of DHT except for D3 from what I know.

I didn't follow any particular regimen to figure out which of what works since that takes months in some cases to pinpoint particular ingredients.

However, I had results within the first week of taking things @ a random dose & interval. Sure it's stupid, but at least I know now that DHT is my primary enemy and should be my main focus. Now I'm doing some research to find out if any of the above supplements target other hormones that are related to acne, other than the DHT.

-----

panoslydios wrote:
Rosemary also does that.You can search for the relative study if you dont believe me.

Naw I believe you, considering that I mentioned it in my OP.

My main concern would be whether or not a topical DHT response would even be beneficial for acne.
Considering that my DHT inhibition benefits were done systemically/internally and not topically.

-----

To be honest I'm really surprised that there are no products targeting this type of acne cause (DHT).

I will try to incorporate rosemary into a MSM cream that I planned on making.
Until then, I'm open to any suggestions.
Would really be nice to try the topical saw palmetto route, since this is a big player in terms of DHT.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |