Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
How to get rid of eyebags--DIY recipe
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
So the dreaded eyebags, seems to most, you need expensive plastic surgery. I tried expensive creams, serums, even derma rolling.... nothing.
Till did some research on Lipo-dissolve, basically they inject a cocktail of stuff like lecithin, caffeine and essential oils.

So thought to myself..... what if I just did a daily face mask, first a mixture of mainly coffee powder, caffeine pills and abit of milk powder to hold it together, into a thick paste to smear on the skin for an hour, wash it off then put a layer of pure lecithin liquid on the eyebags for an hour everyday.

I didn't know if it would work, cause it isn't injecting and apparently caffeine needs an hour to fully absorb into the skin. By the second week, my mother who thought I was crazy, started to comment on how they appeared reduced. By end of the month, they were good as gone.

No, it wasn't excess water retention, the older you get, the less uniform fat is stored on your face i.e eyebags, jowls, fat on jawline. So from now on I will do these face mask on specific area on my face to keep the fat distribution more uniform. Cheaper than plastic surgery.

I don't use this forum often, just wanted to help any soul out there who isn't happy with this. Good luck
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks for sharing this! I don't get bags very often but this recipe makes perfect sense based on what I'd read about caffeine and lecithin being effective and makes me want to try it. Could you estimate the amounts you used? I've never tried caffeine pills and would have no idea how much to use on skin.

I guess its a little early Laughing but I'd love if it were added to the recipe index for future reference. What does everyone else think?

And could people with bags who want to try this over time please take before and after pictures and post them?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I, too, would be interested in the exact amounts of each ingredient and the exact names of the products you purchase to make this mask.

My husband has hereditary eye bags, so I would be interested in trying this out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for late reply. Well this is just estimating, you need the paste to be thick, but not to thick. I get like

7 tablespoons of coffee
3 tablesspoons of milk powder
15 caffeine pills
Like 3 tablespoons of water

First, get the caffeine pills put the into the mixing bowls, put the water in, then add caffeine pills, then let them dissolve, then add coffee and milk powder mix it up to thick paste, ( if you want you can add lecithin liquid like teaspoon).Leave mixture like for 15 mins or more if some coffee granuale aint dissolved, then mix it till smooth.

Wash you face, exfoliate be fore you add mixture.

When you add it, make sure it isn't too thick it will fall off ur face, but not to thin, it will drip off ur face. Important!!! Leave it on for an hour, everyday for a month. After hour rub the lecithin on eyebag, leave on for hour and wipe off
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Just change to 3 tablespoons of milk powder change that to 2 tablespoons to the above recipe.

And increase to like 8-9 tablespoon of coffee, the
reason I say this is because, the more coffee powder in the mixer, a film dries on the outside of the mask, leaving the inside, a paste. You might need a tablespoon more of water.

Compared to using more milk powder, where it dries quickly and cracks. Why, cause you need it to absorb for an hour. Sorry, but you will see what I mean.

This is to remove the fat pads ( melts it away). The lecithin can be bought from garden of wisdom, it's a small liquid bottle. Caffeine pills can be bought from vitamin or supermarket.
angelbelli
5% products discount

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Superdog,
Thanks so much for this recipe. my undereye fat deposits are getting worse as get older so i'm definitely going to give this a try.
i've ordered the lecithin liquid and am waiting for it to come in. In the meantime, i have a few questions that would help me be better prepared for when i start this.
Do you mix a fresh new batch every day? or does this recipe make enough to store and use everyday? Are you putting this on your entire face (including the under-eye bags)? or are you just targeting the bags?
i'm excited that their is hope and looking forward to trying this!
thanks for you help.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Sorry for late reply. Well this is just estimating, you need the paste to be thick, but not to thick. I get like

7 tablespoons of coffee
3 tablesspoons of milk powder
15 caffeine pills
Like 3 tablespoons of water

First, get the caffeine pills put the into the mixing bowls, put the water in, then add caffeine pills, then let them dissolve, then add coffee and milk powder mix it up to thick paste, ( if you want you can add lecithin liquid like teaspoon).Leave mixture like for 15 mins or more if some coffee granuale aint dissolved, then mix it till smooth.

Wash you face, exfoliate be fore you add mixture.

When you add it, make sure it isn't too thick it will fall off ur face, but not to thin, it will drip off ur face. Important!!! Leave it on for an hour, everyday for a month. After hour rub the lecithin on eyebag, leave on for hour and wipe off

is this just regular coffee or instant coffee? I'm thinking coffee grounds will not dissolve, can they be absorbed by our skin? Maybe Kassy will chime in with an opinion. Thank you for the recipe.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
This is an old post I had saved.

"Posted by pbsadhaka--
OK. Here is a gift to all you dark circled eyed gals out there. You asked for something to get rid of dark circles - here is a homemade Circle Buster recipe.
Go to your grocery store. Buy a box of regular, old fashioned unflavored gelatin (Knox, for example)
Take a small cup or bowl and put in 1/4 teaspoon of the gelatin mix. Add one Tablespoon of boiling water & stir for a minute.
Test it on your wrist to make sure it is not too hot. Then, using a cotton ball, pat it under your eyes as you would an eye cream or gel.
Go lie down and listen to some music, or take a bath & let it stay on for at least 30 minutes. Then just rinse it off.

I worked in a day spa & this was our "Circle Buster" Treatment. Gelatin is very high in Vitamin K & Biotin. It will not remove your circles on the first application (but you will notice a difference), but if you do it daily for a week, and then 2-3 times a week for maintenance, you should notice a drastic reduction in dark circles.

The day spa where I worked charged $60 for this treatment (but they put rose petals on your eyelids), and it wasn't until after I quit, that I found out what was in those little white packets!
There you go.....enjoy!"
angelbelli
5% products discount

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that tip Belleza.
would that work for puffy eyes too? or just dark circles? either way i'll add it to my "to do" list since i have both.

i'm thinking she means brewed coffee, and i read somewhere else that the stronger the coffee the better.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Angel, I'll use espresso.
As far as the formula for dark circles I'm not sure it can work for bags, I had assumed it would but I haven't used it consistantly to find out.
ChansonDinhars

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Belleza and superdog.

I’m really excited to try both your remedies. I’ve suffered from under-eye circles most of my life, and can’t afford expensive treatments.

In recent years I’ve also started to get slight bags (I’m 4Cool. I’m going grocery shopping this afternoon, so I will be stocking up on gelatine, lecithin and coffee!

Yipee!!

I’m very impressed with the level of wisdom available in EDS forums. It really is a wonderful resource, and I’ve already recommended it to some friends and family.

Thanks again,

Chanson
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I've been using caffeine powder in pure aloe vera gel at a 1:9 ratio caffeine powder to gel (I read a 1 tsp. to 3 T. recipe and cut it down from there)every morning. I massage it in, let it set for about an hour (the gel does dry a bit, but that hasn't seemed to hurt the effectiveness), then I wash it off and massage in a tiny bit of my coconut oil. But, I'm wondering if that is too much caffeine? It IS working, better than anything I've tried yet, including eyeliss, eyeseryl, reguage, green tea--but how much caffeine is being absorbed? I think it is making me "caffeine-nervous", but that could just be my imagination...and I don't want to stop using it because the difference is amazing...anyway, how much caffeine powder would be equal to the pills? Maybe it is because I'm not a coffee drinker that I "feel" it transdermally? But 1/16 tsp. can't be much more than 1 or 2 pills, right? And the recipe--is this applied all at once, or does it keep in the fridge for a bit? Anyone else have the "caffeine anxiety" problem?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Janice, this sounds like a brilliant idea - when we DIY at least we know the amount of active ingredient.

Does this work on dark circles (well, little dark spots just under the inner corner and beside nose)?

Where do you purchase the caffiene powder? I think this is one I would like to try.

Thanks a lot, J!

mismis
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well, mismis, I never really had dark, dark circles, mostly a persistent "bag" right under one of the eye sockets, but what I did have has substantially disappeared. And the "bag" is barely noticeable-- even if it is swollen when I get up, AFTER I put on the gel and let it set an hour for the caffeine to absorb, it goes down--it is only really bad now when the allergens are high, so the effect must be cumulative (during allergy season, I also take an allergy pill, but it never really helped the bag). I really don't need cover-up anymore (I only wear it out, never at home, anyway). Caffeine powder I get at Garden of Wisdom. I've also added pumpkin seed extract at 10% (also an anti-inflammatory, and I had forgotten to mention that), which I get at Lotioncrafters. I haven't tried the lecithin because I have a soy allergy. I've been doing this for several weeks and just ran across this thread, so the caffeine MUST be the thing that is working...I use up about an ounce a week, so to keep it fresh, I add a drop or so of leucidal when I make it. I do use fresh or bottled aloe vera gel, not the cosmetic preparations. And I dissolve the caffeine in a few drops of alcohol-free witch hazel. I''m going to try to cut the caffeine down just a bit, though, as I think I am very sensitive to the effects.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Well, Janice, I just couldn't wait so I dug out a mini sample of aloe vera get that came with a MUAC order, mixed in the contents of two coffee extract capsules which I found in my cupboard and put a bit on with a q tip to the areas that were dark. Voila!! this stuff is magic and I can now retire my concealer! I should add that the gel was perhaps 1/2 a teaspoon in size, but this is going to last a long time as so little is needed.

I have had wall to wall sinus infections for almost two years now and there was also some swelling - of course I am working on improving my condition with nasal irrigation, compresses etc - anyways this works a treat so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

The product I used smells like it may also have ginger in it, but it has not irritated even the tender skin just inside the inner corner of the eye and not having those dark circles really opens up the whole eye area. How bad was it? I've gone from blue/purple to skin tone over night.

For anyone reading this thread, try this. So simple, so effective. Now I'm going to find a proper source of pure caffeine as my gel has a slight yellow tone.
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Mismis, that is great!!
I'm sitting here with mine on right now while I drink my morning tea, and maybe it isn't just the caffeine--maybe the aloe has something to do with it, too! I was very swollen when I arose (also sinus) and it has already started receding.
Hope it continues working for you!
P.S. I think ginger is anti-inflammatory, as well...I've never put it on my skin, but I'll have to look that up!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Be very careful when putting things right under the eye skin though. I was doing it for a while and ended up actually getting puffiness. My esthetician said that when you put oils/creams/ gels (particularly oil based products) under the eye the eye skin can take them in but because the eye skin is different from the rest of the skin on our faces (I don't think it has pores or something) the oils/ creams then cannot get back out. This causes a build up of product over time and will eventually lead to puffiness. Apparently this happens to many people and you can imagine that they mistakenly believe that the puffiness is just due to age so have filer put in their tear troughs but actually the product either needs to be removed surgically or hopefully it will eventually go to the lymph system if you stimulate the area through massage or suction. My esty used a suction machine on me and the puffiness went down. She told me strictly not to use anything under my eyes - not even sunscreen but to wear sunglasses instead. Well silly me did not listen and started putting my moisturiser and sunscreen under my eyes again and low and behold I started to get puffiness again. Just a word of warning.
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks, that is good advice. My daughter is an esthy and I never even thought to ask her! In fact, the esthy had before we moved recommend a certain cream, but I can't remember which one it is, I think it was based in rose hip seed oil. Do you think maybe the aloe is ok, since it is gel, and then just leave it alone and then wash it out? Wow, and the industry for eye creams is just huge...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Honestly I can't really say. If I had to guess I would say that Aloe, with its watery consistency, is safer than more oily substances. However I really would advise you to seek professional advice from a few trustworthy sources (baring in mind that some people are more interested in charging £3000+ for a bleph than telling you a cheap DIY recipie would work just as well...). I would be interested to know what you daughter says as I have spoken to other professionals about this and they have given other reasons for the tear trough area becoming more defined and denied that product buildup happens. Interestingly if you research product buildup under eye skin on the internet there does not seem to be anything written on it. Often eye creams are not actually supposed to be applied directly under the eye skin; rather the orbital rim.
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I will ask her when I talk to her again. Yes, Ive always applied everything only to the orbital rim (except eyeshadow, of course (-Smile, never to right under the eyes. Oddly enough, my "puff" is on the left orbital rim only and the caffeine and aloe take that down of an a.m. where nothing else, even acupressure, massage, or facial exercises, or Reguage or eyeliss or eyeseryl, have worked. Then, the coconut oil (actually, for my face I use coconut cream from the fresh flesh) I only pat along the orbital bone. I have read where the buildup is a fact, and I've read where it is "urban legend", so IDK, but better safe than sorry, I always say. Thanks, Moon!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Interesting. Do any of you have before/after pics?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:26 am      Reply with quote
When I smile for pictures, my cheeks hide it
and I wear sunglasses when pics are taken outside. Sorry...I wish I had thought about that.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
i often put 2 thin slices of a potato and put it on my eyes twice a week in the afternoon and then i use a eye care cream. I also wear a sunglasses when i have to go out if it's sunny
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Everybody, Would this work for loose upper eyelid skin? Thank you.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:34 am      Reply with quote
JaniceC. wrote:
I've been using caffeine powder in pure aloe vera gel at a 1:9 ratio caffeine powder to gel (I read a 1 tsp. to 3 T. recipe.

This looks like a great recipe, but I've had no luck in dissolving the GOW caffeine powder. Can you tell me which brand of WH you use? My mixture is grainy and the caffeine powder forms one big cement-like lump in the bottle. Rolling Eyes

Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |