Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Does the cleo Q cause eye squinting?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to post on this again chaps but am just trying to find ways I can use a microcurrent device without getting the eye squinting. Was wondering if the Cleo Q causes the eyes to squint when the pads are placed near the eye region or at least when the pads are strategically placed so as to work the cheek muscles?

Thanks Smile
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
Sorry to post on this again chaps but am just trying to find ways I can use a microcurrent device without getting the eye squinting. Was wondering if the Cleo Q causes the eyes to squint when the pads are placed near the eye region or at least when the pads are strategically placed so as to work the cheek muscles?

Thanks Smile

Cleo Q is not microcurrent, it is muscle stimulation, my advice is turn down the intensity on the Cleo Q power unit.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies on both threads Photo Queen. After what you have said I have decided not to get the Cleo Q because it sounds like I am just going to have the same problem as with the Tua. My problem is that to actually turn the intensity down to a level where it will not make my eye squint would I feel compromise the effectiveness of the work out. I was wondering if something like the Nuface would be better? Do you know if this causes eye squinting?

n.b. Am very keen to find a device which will tone my muscles without causing problems as have decided I am probably more prone to sagging than wrinkles and am too lazy to do facial exercises...
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
Thanks for your replies on both threads Photo Queen. After what you have said I have decided not to get the Cleo Q because it sounds like I am just going to have the same problem as with the Tua. My problem is that to actually turn the intensity down to a level where it will not make my eye squint would I feel compromise the effectiveness of the work out. I was wondering if something like the Nuface would be better? Do you know if this causes eye squinting?

n.b. Am very keen to find a device which will tone my muscles without causing problems as have decided I am probably more prone to sagging than wrinkles and am too lazy to do facial exercises...

I would investigate NuFace which is a microcurrent device, it does not cause eye squinting, lots of reviews on EDS about NUFACE, lots of positive posts.

PQ

5% products discount

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Moon,
Tua Viso works on 56 MILLIamperes. (which is 560000 MICROamperes)
Milliamperes is Faradic.
Faradic is not good to use on your face.
I'm not suprised it's causing your eyes squinting.

What you need is MICROamperes.
Microamperes is microcurrent Laughing
(and you shouldn't use a device above 500 microamperes either)

I HATE tua viso.
Tina Richards is advertising her device as microcurrent, which is very misleading.
Also, don't buy the famous facemaster. It's the same case as the tua viso.
So be aware of this.

Nuface Trinity is true microcurrent. (but very expensive)

HTH

5% products discount

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry i meant tua trend Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Fé wrote:
Moon,
Tua Viso works on 56 MILLIamperes. (which is 560000 MICROamperes)
Milliamperes is Faradic.
Faradic is not good to use on your face.
I'm not suprised it's causing your eyes squinting.

What you need is MICROamperes.
Microamperes is microcurrent Laughing
(and you shouldn't use a device above 500 microamperes either)

I HATE tua viso.
Tina Richards is advertising her device as microcurrent, which is very misleading.
Also, don't buy the famous facemaster. It's the same case as the tua viso.
So be aware of this.

Nuface Trinity is true microcurrent. (but very expensive)

HTH

Nuface is microcurrent, the output is 400 microamps, which is within safe limits.

The limitations with nuface are, with microcurrent machines with probes, you use three movements, shortening, relaxing and tightening the muscle, the one movement you can do with the nuface is lifting/tightenting and you are not grabbing the muscle but applying current, which is not the same thing, the best device would be machine with probes, even if you could pick up a cheap Integra, it does have probes and it is microcurrent, and they are normally cheap:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Integra-Face-Care-System-hardly-used-/170876441745?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&hash=item27c9079491#ht_500wt_1413

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I HATE tua viso.

Laughing lol Fe. I am beginning to feel the same way. Are you saying that the face master would make my eyes squint also? Was actually looking in to buying one of those but am thinking again after what you said.

Quote:
The limitations with nuface are, with microcurrent machines with probes, you use three movements, shortening, relaxing and tightening the muscle, the one movement you can do with the nuface is lifting/tightenting and you are not grabbing the muscle but applying current, which is not the same thing, the best device would be machine with probes, even if you could pick up a cheap Integra, it does have probes and it is microcurrent, and they are normally cheap

Thanks for the link PhotoQueen have had a look. Is the Integra the same as a CACI machine? Do you know if the Integra machine is any good? Are there any other micro current machines with probes you could definitely recommend? Also does a micro current machine with probes do all that the Nuface does or do they compliment each other? Is it worth investing in both of them or will just purchasing one of them have the same desired effect ultimately?

Sorry about all the questions but the information you are giving me is really helpful. Thanks very much Smile
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
Quote:
I HATE tua viso.

Laughing lol Fe. I am beginning to feel the same way. Are you saying that the face master would make my eyes squint also? Was actually looking in to buying one of those but am thinking again after what you said.

Quote:
The limitations with nuface are, with microcurrent machines with probes, you use three movements, shortening, relaxing and tightening the muscle, the one movement you can do with the nuface is lifting/tightenting and you are not grabbing the muscle but applying current, which is not the same thing, the best device would be machine with probes, even if you could pick up a cheap Integra, it does have probes and it is microcurrent, and they are normally cheap

Thanks for the link PhotoQueen have had a look. Is the Integra the same as a CACI machine?

In the sense that it does output a microcurrent, that is where the similarity ends, a CACI machine is about £10K new, and the Integra you can pick up for £20.00 on Ebay, the CACIelectronics is very complex, the CACI waveform is unique and produces fantastic results.

Do you know if the Integra machine is any good?

I have an CACI and Integra machines, and I would honestly say the Integra produces good results, as long as you use the correct probe movements and timings of holding the muscle.

Are there any other micro current machines with probes you could definitely recommend?

CACI, Biotherapeautic, The Integra, Depilex all on Ebay.

Also does a micro current machine with probes do all that the Nuface does or do they compliment each other? Is it worth investing in both of them or will just purchasing one of them have the same desired effect ultimately?

The Nuface device is very limited, as you can't perform the traditional non surgical face lift movements, if you have a machine with probes you would be wasting your money buying a Nuface.

Sorry about all the questions but the information you are giving me is really helpful. Thanks very much Smile

You are welcome.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks PQ, your knowledge about all the different gadget machines is invaluable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 am      Reply with quote
That is so helpful thank you PhotoQueen. Reading your answer has made me want a CACI machine even more than I already do now. I know you can buy them at a reduced rate second hand but they are still very expensive. Well beyond my budget for now.

Will look in to purchasing The Intergra. I did a google search and it seems that the only place you can buy one at the moment is from the link you sent. Does this mean that they have stopped making them? Is the Integra machine in the link you sent the same one as you have or is it an older version?

hmm... Am wondering if it would just be easier for me to get regular CACI treatments by a trained aesthetician for now. Do you think 10 CACI treatments the first month followed by one CACI treatment a month would achieve the same results as regular uses of a home micro current machine with probes such as the Integra?

Thanks PhotoQueen
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
That is so helpful thank you PhotoQueen. Reading your answer has made me want a CACI machine even more than I already do now. I know you can buy them at a reduced rate second hand but they are still very expensive. Well beyond my budget for now.

Will look in to purchasing The Intergra. I did a google search and it seems that the only place you can buy one at the moment is from the link you sent. Does this mean that they have stopped making them? Is the Integra machine in the link you sent the same one as you have or is it an older version? They have stopped making them, there are two versions, the link I sent you is the older version, which is much better than the newer version has it has the probes that take cotton buds, the new machines, have pads on the ends, which are useless, avoid!

hmm... Am wondering if it would just be easier for me to get regular CACI treatments by a trained aesthetician for now. Do you think 10 CACI treatments the first month followed by one CACI treatment a month would achieve the same results as regular uses of a home micro current machine with probes such as the Integra?

You would get a much better results with CACI treatment in a salon.

The treatment protocol is 2 treatments a week for 5 weeks, and then once a month to maintain the results.

PQ

Thanks PhotoQueen

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice PhotoQueen. Am thinking the machine you posted is not very much so maybe worth just having anyway while getting CACI treatments and then looking to buying a CACI longterm. Will have a think. Thanks again. You have been really helpful Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |