Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I asked Tria, why ever day for 8 weeks and then 4 weeks rest and the ReAura is twice a week for 8 weeks?

Tria said:

I cannot really comment on usage of the ReAura and why their recommended treatment is twice a week for 8 weeks & ours is daily. Clinical trials proved this is the most effective for the Tria Laser (SRL), without the technical specification of the ReAura it would not be possible. I would not be privy to this. information. You all may be able to compare the following:

The Tria SRL wave length
Level 1 pulse energy - 5mj, 30 seconds
Level 2 pulse energy - 10mj one minute
Level 3 pulse energy - 12mj, 2.5 minutes

Regarding continuation of treatment after 8 weeks on & 4 weeks off, the USA teams added that customers should continue to use the SRL until they achieve the optimal results they are looking for. And of course advise they stick to the cycle of 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off with the 4 weeks off giving skin the time it needs to repair and build collagen.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
That is very helpful information PQ.
Thanks!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Philip - although I still don't understand the difference in frequency of use between the two devices. I can only presume that there is some difference in power output that we don't understand - I couldn't imagine using the ReAura every day, I think it would be too much.

Also the gel situation still confuses me because I'm pretty sure that they apply a gel when you have a salon treatment - that's been my experience anyway.

However, whatever the case, I think it's important that we follow the individual instructions applicable to the device that we are using.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
- I couldn't imagine using the ReAura every day, I think it would be too much.

X10 agreement from me. Shock
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:45 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Keliu wrote:
- I couldn't imagine using the ReAura every day, I think it would be too much.

X10 agreement from me. Shock

I have tried it, and would not recommend it to anyone, my skin was permanently red/sore/dry.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Photoqueen I thought about pming you but I am sure I am not the only one with this question. I see you have a Stop device and I am thinking this would be a good addition to my arsenal.

Do you think this could be used on nontreatment days? or during the "resting" month?

If you think it is contraindicated when already using ReAura to stimulate collagen, I will save my money, but those before & after photos for Stop are very convincing! I am mainly interested in the lifting effect to boost the results of facial exercise.

Thanks!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Spoke too soon regarding minimal redness with the Tria, lol!

I was wondering why it seemed to hurt less and less, needed to clean the window and what a difference!! Still slightly reddened this am, able to cover with makeup though. Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Photoqueen I thought about pming you but I am sure I am not the only one with this question. I see you have a Stop device and I am thinking this would be a good addition to my arsenal.

Do you think this could be used on nontreatment days? or during the "resting" month?

If you think it is contraindicated when already using ReAura to stimulate collagen, I will save my money, but those before & after photos for Stop are very convincing! I am mainly interested in the lifting effect to boost the results of facial exercise.

Thanks!

- I wouldn't use the Stop on the rest days - you need to let the collagen grown again, and the RF will impede that process.

I would consider the RF device after a few repeat treatment of the ReAura. But don't combine them.

I would consider using a LED device, with infra-red to help to rebuild the collagen infrastructure and maybe take a collagen supplement too.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Double bonus - good advice that saves me money!
Thanx. I think Catski wanted to know this, too.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Is it true that the Tria internal battery only lasts 1 year? if so that's not very good value for money as apparently it cannot be replaced? does anyone know if the Philipps one lasts longer?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:45 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:

Yes, thankyou! I was wondering where my Stop device would fit in, if at all, actually. The plus side of it is that there is virtually no down time, and it gives rapid cosmetic improvement...quite good to use before an event, say.

But I am apprehensive of over loading my skin. Embarassed
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Is it true that the Tria internal battery only lasts 1 year? if so that's not very good value for money as apparently it cannot be replaced? does anyone know if the Philipps one lasts longer?

Zelda, I must have missed that info, where did you find that out from, I hope it lasts longer than a year Sad

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:16 am      Reply with quote
When I asked Tria how long the machine should last, they said 5 years.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:09 am      Reply with quote
It was on a review on the Shopping Channel the Canadian version, I must admit its put me off as maybe the Philipps one is a better product?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
It was on a review on the Shopping Channel the Canadian version, I must admit its put me off as maybe the Philipps one is a better product?
If that is true it hasn't been mentioned any other place and surely the company would put it in there information...I think I will call to clarify.....
Just got off the phone with the Tria customer service and there is NO battery replacement issue after a year. The battery is never replaced. The unit should last five years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:

I dont know about this skin laser but I had/have tria hair removal laser and I didnt even use it much and the battery died after 2 years or may be even early.. Tria didn't even mention this to me when I bought it, for $1000 ( this was the price when it came out)!!! so pissed!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:52 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
mismis wrote:

Yes, thankyou! I was wondering where my Stop device would fit in, if at all, actually. The plus side of it is that there is virtually no down time, and it gives rapid cosmetic improvement...quite good to use before an event, say.

But I am apprehensive of over loading my skin. Embarassed

I had a thought, if you using the Tria to treat your face, you could in parallel be using the STOP on your neck, and lower jowl area, but avoiding any areas you are currently treating with the laser, just a thought, which I am going to try tonight too.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby so hopefully its not true it only last s for a year.... I did just wonder though if the Philipps being a good brand made a better product, I will wait for PQ's final review.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:09 am      Reply with quote
PQ,
What do you think about using the Stop during the four week rest time, or would that be disrupting the collagen that is being built?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
PQ,
What do you think about using the Stop during the four week rest time, or would that be disrupting the collagen that is being built?

I am a great believer in the layering of beauty treatments. But the Tria is basically sending beams of disruptive light into collagen layer of the skin for two months. The skin takes 4 weeks to replace the damaged collagen. So the four week rest is essential for the collagen to be replaced. But I will use red and infra LED during the rest period to help promote a good yield of collagen.

Pq

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Toby wrote:
PQ,

I am a great believer in the layering of beauty treatments. But the Tria is basically sending beams of disruptive light into collagen layer of the skin for two months. The skin takes 4 weeks to replace the damaged collagen. So the four week rest is essential for the collagen to be replaced. But I will use red and infra LED during the rest period to help promote a good yield of collagen.

Pq

Sounds like a great plan to me, so glad you are here to guide us!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Toby wrote:
PQ,

Pq

Sounds like a great plan to me, so glad you are here to guide us!

You are always welcome.

Anything topical, will be fine, as you aren't hitting the skin with heavy peels etc, but scrubs, microderm, collagen face packs, Vit C, all okay.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
So you would not recommend LED after Tria ? For example, using Tria, applying serums, then LED?

I should then wait to use my LEDs at the 4 week rest period? Thanks again.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
So you would not recommend LED after Tria ? For example, using Tria, applying serums, then LED?

I should then wait to use my LEDs at the 4 week rest period? Thanks again.

The original question was can I use my STOP during the 4 week rest period, I suggested you could use LED and Serums during the 4 week rest period and not the STOP, unless you use it on the neck, jowl area.

You can use your LED after the Tria, in fact red LED and IR LED will the recovery, as long as your device doesn't run too hot against the skin, the serums depends on what they are, and if they are going to make you skin dry or sensitive during the 8 week treatment period, so that is a personal thing you need to work out.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Since I use my ReAura on my face, neck, decolletage, forearms and hands on the same day twice weekly, stop is definitely not an option; lightbulb idea, I can now afford the Pose as I can't use the Stop.

In the end it really doesn't matter, I am thrilled with the laser results.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |