Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Vadlen

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Wendy, does that mean that you will do a round for 4 weeks instead of 8 weeks?
Pinot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I have the ReAura (like the Tria) and I wait 6 to 8 weeks between rounds.

CookieD - Is the ReAura available to purchase in the US? I really want the Tria but may have to settle for something easier to get a hold of.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Pinot wrote:
CookieD wrote:
I have the ReAura (like the Tria) and I wait 6 to 8 weeks between rounds.

CookieD - Is the ReAura available to purchase in the US? I really want the Tria but may have to settle for something easier to get a hold of.

Sorry Pinot, ReAuras not available in the US. I think it is just for sell in the UK right now. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Help needed from any who have Tria. Mine arrived yesterday with drama getting it activated. Finally got it activated and now it's been charging almost 4.5 hours (light still blinking). I thought charging time was 2.5 hours. Is the longer length of time normal initially? Thanks everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
My Tria charged after about 4.5 or so hours. Hooray.
I did the first treatment on 2 - Ouch! but I have tough skin so it's not horribly red - but certainly noticeable. I'm going to give 3 a try tomorrow - not sure about that but will see how it goes. The after serum certainly felt good.
What do you all use when the cleansing solution is gone? Apparently many are using aloe vera for after.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Vadlen wrote:
Wendy, does that mean that you will do a round for 4 weeks instead of 8 weeks?

Hi Vadlen...Yes, but I've missed here and there...so a little longer.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cookie D, that's great news I was not sure how long people generally leave so its good to know that others have left 8 weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
For those who use both the Tria and needling - how do you alternate between the two? Do you cycle every other month, etc.?

Thanks, BFG
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
For those who use both the Tria and needling - how do you alternate between the two? Do you cycle every other month, etc.?

Thanks, BFG

BFG - I can't imagine one would need or want to layer these devices... According to the Tria info, the Tria does the same thing (only better) than the manual needling... I would think that would be overkill. I just used it for a week and am now on level 2... skin was a little warm afterwards, otherwise no problems. I am looking forward to seeing my results after 8 weeks! Best, Aprile
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
BFG
I have the tria and do needling too. I am on the month break and really because of "life" getting in the way, my break has extended way beyond the 4 weeks, so Ive done a heavy 1mm roll last week to enhance the effects.

I dont see why you cant do both if you are careful with the timing and space out the treatments for the proper healing and optimal collagen production.

I have a sneaking suspicion that for me the laser will do the skin resurfacing more than the needling, but I think (again for me)the needling will do things at a slightly deeper lever.

Again that is just purely my experiential feeling, and anecdotal at that with no scientific backing just feeling Embarassed Laughing

so I am attempting to cover all my bases without trying to do too much "damage" and to follow Dr S"s guidelines Rolling Eyes

And probably someone will come along with a whole shed-load of research to tell me its a whole load of baloney!!!!!!

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Sylvia - you are very brave!!! Well if it works for you...why not? How long have you been doing this? Have you experienced any dryness yet? I used .5 dermaroller and I have to say that my skin was much more irritated using the roller than the laser. I have to be more careful as my skin is pretty sensitive. However, I was surprised I didn't have more trouble on level 2, but worked up to it by doing level 1 for a week. Good luck to everyone and don't forget to report back!!! Best, Aprile Very Happy
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:

I have a sneaking suspicion that for me the laser will do the skin resurfacing more than the needling, but I think (again for me)the needling will do things at a slightly deeper lever.

Again that is just purely my experiential feeling, and anecdotal at that with no scientific backing just feeling Embarassed Laughing

so I am attempting to cover all my bases without trying to do too much "damage" and to follow Dr S"s guidelines:

BFG, I am doing both dermarolling and using the ReAura also (not at the same time) and agree with everything that Sylvia said above.

For me I have seen a reduction in brown sun damage spots on my face by using the laser that I haven't seen when dermarolling. I have read of others getting a reduction while needling but that hasn't been my experience. So for that fact alone I will continue with the ReAura.

I also feel that the ReAura works more on the top layer of skin (vs a Dr's machine that is much stronger) and the dermaroller works a little deeper in the skin.

I also like that the dermaroller doesn't heat the skin like a laser does. You also aren't as susceptible to sun damage for the 2 month period while using a laser.

So for me, it is the best of both worlds. I think there are plus and minuses to both treatments and this covers all my bases. Smile I do think everyone needs to be careful with their timing of these different treatments and make sure you don't overload your skin. Sometimes more is not better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm doing both too. But as both the laser and needling require a series of treatments, I have completed a series with the laser, had a rest and then did a series with the MyM needle pen. I wouldn't use both intermittently (if that makes sense).

Also, as far as intensive needling is concerned - I don't think you should do this continually. I like to do maybe two series of treatments a year. The laser I will continue to do a set of treatments, rest, then do another lot.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:02 am      Reply with quote
On my next round I might at first try level 2 on my eyes and cheeks as these are sensitive but level 3 around my mouth which is where I have the most issues, what do you guys think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I appreciate the feedback comments, which seem to confirm what I have been thinking.

I don't have pigmentation issues, except for two age spots on one hand that I killed with Retin A and peeling.

Thankfully, my skin is very clear and no discoloration. My aging issues are just battling back against wrinkles (and I have to stay on it or they come back LOL) and I need collagen, of course.

Have you noticed the biggest difference between young skin and older skin?

My 23 year old daughter is blessed with BEAUTIFUL skin - never a blemish, nothing.
I am now 52. If you stand us side by side, you will see two faces devoid of lines, but mine doesn't have the glow that hers does....and with older skin, it just looks "thinner" almost as if you can see the blood vessels, etc. underneath. With young skin, that extra layer of collagen is the natural "makeup". With added makeup, our faces are closer in appearance (well of course, she doesn't have any sagging around the jaw).

I noticed in those recent Dr. Fernandez YouTube videos (what is he like 71 now? LOL) - he has quite a bit of sagging - but his surface skin is thick and very clear - gotta be all that collagen he's regenerated, right?

I just keep wondering if I am missing out with the Tria or ReAura. I can afford them, but don't want to buy something I don't really need (because my skincare obsession is already in full force LOL)

Best, BFG
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Anyone have issues getting theirs activated? Website will not take my serial number.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Anyone have issues getting theirs activated? Website will not take my serial number.

Someone else on the forum had an issue. Apparently, sometimes when they update their site, they don't recognize some of the serial numbers. Just call the company, they can troubleshoot with you over the phone... HTH, Aprile Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:

I had problems with the website and had to call mine in.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! Called the number, you were all right! They did have some interesting business about holding it down for 8 beeps though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oh good - so glad that they got it going for ya Ava. Now don't forget to report back on your results!!! Will do the same Smile Best, Aprile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I just keep wondering if I am missing out with the Tria or ReAura. I can afford them, but don't want to buy something I don't really need (because my skincare obsession is already in full force LOL)

If I had to say what has made the most improvement to my skin, it would definitely be "abuse". My motto is "abuse it or lose it!" And by "abuse" I mean treatments which injure the skin to some extent - so that would include IPL, lasers, peels and needling.

When I was young, I did have a peaches and cream complexion. But that was soon lost after moving to Australia and spending too much time sun-bathing. By my thirties my skin was sun damaged, papery thin with lots of broken caps. I was also prone to breakouts and then developed SH.

In my fifties I found this forum and the improvement I've made to my skin is monumental. My broken caps are minimal (not really noticeable anymore) and my skin has thickened up considerably. I mainly credit Retin-A, laser treatments and needling for the improvement. Obviously, I'm still aging - wrinkles are minimal, but I do have sagging. I'm now going to concentrate on microcurrent to see if I can address that issue.

So now I'm very happy with the condition of my skin - no, I don't look 25 - I look my age, but with good skin. If I didn't own the Re-Aura I would still be lusting after salon laser treatments. But they're so expensive and my budget doesn't allow for them. IMO home-use lasers are the perfect solution - they do give value for money. With the Re-Aura and My-M needle pen I can give myself intensive but safe treatments with a minimal outlay of cost.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

If I had to say what has made the most improvement to my skin, it would definitely be "abuse". My motto is "abuse it or lose it!" And by "abuse" I mean treatments which injure the skin to some extent - so that would include IPL, lasers, peels and needling.

When I was young, I did have a peaches and cream complexion. But that was soon lost after moving to Australia and spending too much time sun-bathing. By my thirties my skin was sun damaged, papery thin with lots of broken caps. I was also prone to breakouts and then developed SH.

In my fifties I found this forum and the improvement I've made to my skin is monumental. My broken caps are minimal (not really noticeable anymore) and my skin has thickened up considerably. I mainly credit Retin-A, laser treatments and needling for the improvement. Obviously, I'm still aging - wrinkles are minimal, but I do have sagging. I'm now going to concentrate on microcurrent to see if I can address that issue.

So now I'm very happy with the condition of my skin - no, I don't look 25 - I look my age, but with good skin. If I didn't own the Re-Aura I would still be lusting after salon laser treatments. But they're so expensive and my budget doesn't allow for them. IMO home-use lasers are the perfect solution - they do give value for money. With the Re-Aura and My-M needle pen I can give myself intensive but safe treatments with a minimal outlay of cost.

Hi Keliu - If you don't mind me asking...would you say that you noticed diminished wrinkles after using the Reaura? Also, I know others are interested in this because it's an issue for many women...did you have any lines above your lips that you were able to treat? That seems to be an area that's really difficult to treat, albeit using injections. TIA, Aprile Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hi Keliu - If you don't mind me asking...would you say that you noticed diminished wrinkles after using the Reaura? Also, I know others are interested in this because it's an issue for many women...did you have any lines above your lips that you were able to treat? That seems to be an area that's really difficult to treat, albeit using injections. TIA, Aprile Smile

I'm not overly wrinkly. I have some crows feet and under eye wrinkles which have improved slightly. I also have some lip lines - and I can't see any significant improvement in those. Why is it so difficult to treat these pesky things?

So to answer your question succinctly, I haven't seen major improvement to wrinkles. My major improvement has been in just the general tone and "health" of the skin. Most evidently in my chest skin which had major sun damage. I was so self conscious of it that I used to wear lots of beads to cover it up! Now it doesn't worry me - don't get me wrong, the ReAura hasn't delivered porcelain skin but it definitely looks much better. The broken caps on my chest have also gone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
aprile wrote:

I'm not overly wrinkly. I have some crows feet and under eye wrinkles which have improved slightly. I also have some lip lines - and I can't see any significant improvement in those. Why is it so difficult to treat these pesky things?

So to answer your question succinctly, I haven't seen major improvement to wrinkles. My major improvement has been in just the general tone and "health" of the skin. Most evidently in my chest skin which had major sun damage. I was so self conscious of it that I used to wear lots of beads to cover it up! Now it doesn't worry me - don't get me wrong, the ReAura hasn't delivered porcelain skin but it definitely looks much better. The broken caps on my chest have also gone.

Thanks Keliu for your honesty. Well I think most of us would sign up healthier skin and diminished age spots... Jeez idk WHY those lines are so pesky!! They drive me crazy! I do think a good microcurrent unit is going to be helpful in fighting wrinkles as well. The reason I say this is that some wrinkles improve or even totally disappear as you lift up the skin. When using my little unit, I noticed diminished lines, and even fuller skin, but now its caput. I have seen Toby's photos, and I am very impressed. I know she did use the BI microcurent before the Pico. That said, after using the Pico her face looks more youthful and lifted. I am looking forward to getting that next...cheaper than getting salon/spa treatments! And YES I have become a device junkie too! Lol. Cool Aprile
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, are you still doing any laser treatment in a salon once in a while, or now that you use ReAura there is no need for having professional laser treatments?

Thanks!

Keliu wrote:

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |