Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Toby, does the Tria laser use any gel during the treatment?

No there is a preconditioning wash to use prior to treatment and then a serum to use after. The treatment is more intensive that I thought it would be but my skin is not sensitive to treatments. I think some people would have a hard time handling this

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what Dr. Kligman has to say about the photo-sensitization of Retin-A:

Quote:
A common misconception is that tretinoin is a photosensitizer. Although initially the face does become somewhat more susceptible to sunburn, this effect normalizes after the drug has been applied for a couple of months. In the meantime, all that is required are simple protective measures, such as avoiding the midday sun, applying a broad-spectrum titanium dioxide-based sunscreen (sun protection factor >15), and wearing a wide-brimmed hat.

I have this article on my computer but, unfortunately, I have no web link.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:19 am      Reply with quote
The first time I used it I was very surprised at how much burning I felt and my face was red for some time that night but by morning it was fine. I have VERY resilient skin that never reacts much to anything so it made me think that more sensitive skin would really react. I tried medium the next night but went back to high after that. My skin has adjusted and it is less of a deal and I look normal by morning. I would follow Tria suggestions.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
So good to read your post shamus...I'm going to suck it up and go back to level two tonight. Interestingly, the day after I used the level two, I did notice my skin looked much more even. Thought it was 'all in my head' except today after using level one again, I needed more makeup. Heading to use my Tria (I will just have to find my happy place and get it done!).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I am experimenting with something and I want to share about it but I in no means am recommending it. I have been using the Tria over a month and my skin has adjusted well now. I have wanted to deal with some fine lines on one side of my mouth, they are newly acquired so hopefully I can quickly get rid of them. I decided to try doing some derma rolling just on that spot prior to the laser treatment with the smallest roller and to my delight they are doing the vanishing act! I know it could be due to slight inflammation but over time I do think this could aid the process. Let you guys know how it goes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Pandora77, the Tria laser comes with a 1.7 oz. cleanser and 0.5 oz. finishing serum. It does have silicones but works really well to bring down redness & inflammation. You can check out ingredients here:

http://www.triabeauty.ca/rejuvenating-facial-serum

Aloe Vera gel and Avene Recovery care might be an alternative.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
CookieD wrote:
DebM wrote:
PQ - how does it compare power-wise to the reaura?

Not PQ but I do have the ReAura. I didn't see anywhere in the information about triabeauty what the power/watts etc. was but it says your should use it everyday for 8 weeks. Because you are only supposed to use the ReAura 2 times a week for 8 weeks I would think the ReAura laser is stronger. You also have to use a gel on your face while doing the ReAura treatment. There is no gel involved with the Tria Beauty. That to me is a nice thing but might mean that it is not a strong.

ReAura
Use 2 times a week for 8 weeks
3 power levels-level 1 just for practice
Use gel on face during treatment
Face divided into 3 areas
Each area takes 6 to 8 minutes(total time 18-24)
Available only in certain place in Europe curently
Based on Fraxel laser technology

Triabeauty
Use everyday for 8 weeks
3 power levels all usable
No product on face while doing treatment
Face divided into 4 zones
Each area time on face using different settings
Low-30 seconds
Medium-1 minute
High-up to 2 1/2 minutes
Total time on face(2-10 min)
Looks like it might be only available in Canada but I can't tell for sure???
Uses non-ablative fractional technology
30 day money back guarantee

The way both lasers are used looks very similar.
Triabeauty seems like it would be less powerful but it might all equal out because you use it more often. Total time a week with ReAura 48 minutes. With Triabeauty at the highest setting for 7 days would be 70 minutes. Really hard to say which is better until Triabeauty comes out.

ETA There is quite a big price difference between the two lasers ReAura I is 799 pounds while the Triabeauty is 495 Canadian dollars.

This is very helpful!!! The only thing I wish is that ReAura has a lower price and available in Canada. Maybe EDS will sell it.

I am trying to get hold of one in London on Friday, so I can write a review and compare it to the ReAura!

Philip
PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
ReginaB wrote:
Sorry, I can do 2.5 complete sessions on my face (all 3 zones) before the battery runs out. Should we be completely discharging the battery between uses or charging everytime between use. Does anyone know? Does this battery have a memory like a laptop or cordless phone battery?

I don't know if it is same kind of battery but ReAura says to let it completely discharge. The power button starts to glow orange and then after that session it is time to recharge.You can get at least 5 sessions (all of face,neck,chest,hands and forearm) before you have to recharge.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Bunnybond wrote:
Hi all Smile
I'm wavering on buying this device (there's a discount voucher for £60 (AUTUMN60) if bought before the 6th November in GB), so was hoping somebody could help answer my querie.
Has anyone managed to use the Tria successfully on the nose or neck? I know Tria say that the laser's meant to target the face only, it's just that I have quite a few pigmentation patches in those areas.
Thanks Smile

Hi,

I haven't used it on my neck but I did run the device over my nose last night and it seemed fine, it was my first time using the trial and I was at level 1. I think nose might be quite sensitive so not sure how it goes at higher levels. I think other use it on the nose as I asked this before I bought mine. I don't have any pigmentation but large pores are a problem.

Good luck!
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Well, Bunnybond, I'm really happy I purchased this little machine. The really dark pigmentation on the upper cheekbones and at the side of my face is almost gone! And I've used all kinds of lightening creams to get rid of it with no success. My cheeks seem smoother looking but I'm still "sandpaper" dry but even that is lessening each day. I've just finished week 4 so I'll be completed the 8 weeks by the end of November and have all of December to get gorgeous! Dancing Can you imagine at the end of a year how great we will all look! So exciting!Blessings to all for a super, safe and happy weekend!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Bunnybond wrote:
Hi all Smile
I'm wavering on buying this device (there's a discount voucher for £60 (AUTUMN60) if bought before the 6th November in GB), so was hoping somebody could help answer my querie.
Has anyone managed to use the Tria successfully on the nose or neck? I know Tria say that the laser's meant to target the face only, it's just that I have quite a few pigmentation patches in those areas.
Thanks Smile

I have used the Tria successfully on my neck, nose,hands, and areas on my arms as well as all of my face. I have completed the 8 weeks and now am in the second week of the rest period....my skin looks better each day!My fine lines are vanishing and brown spots are only a memory. The texture of my skin is so smooth that I am amazed. Here's to absolutely loving the results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Just decided to get a Tria device and write a blog about it at:

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com

Will also copying over my findings to EDS too.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 am      Reply with quote
PQ,
As you do your review on the Tria one thing that several of us didn't realize in doing treatments was how important it is to clean the window after each treatment. I mistakenly thought I was adjusting to the treatments and the sting wasn't so bad and low and behold it was that the window of the unit needed cleaning! Rolling Eyes Once I cleaned it the ouch and bite was back to the unit. Laughing Needless to say I am not good about reading instructions!!!! Laughing

For those of you following the laser threads I recommend saving your money that you normally spend on actives and splurge on one of these babies! I speak for the Tria but the Phillips thread says the same thing...they produce results!!!! Dancing I am so thankful for these home devices!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I checked with Tria on how many rounds of treatment you can use and they said:

There is no limit to the treatment cycle. However, our recommended advice is to continue using the laser until the user is happy with the results achieved. When improvement is noticed in fine lines & wrinkles, discoloration and skin texture, treatment can be halted and then resumed as required or when results appear to revert to previous. Some users may prefer not to break the cycle. It really depends on the individual.

PQ

5% products discount

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Rebecca1: I remember the sandpaper days! I'm almost 6 weeks into treatment so those days are over but what follows for most people is a period of real dryness. Tria told me to exfoliate twice a day (I use the Clairisonic so they said that was fine).

A few days ago I bought some new product to help with the dryness (on the suggestion of my local drug store gal) and I'm happy to say it really works! I'm using a serum called Bioderma (Hydrbio Serum) and then I apply Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Balm. I wish I'd found these weeks ago! The dryness has subsided considerably in just a few days.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I live in Canada, ShastaGirl. You are welcome to send it to my address and I'll ship it to you. Deb M (Hi Deb!)and I went this route and it cost $34.00 (if memory serves me correctly). But, being the beginning of the Christmas season, it might take a while to get to you. And because of the increased amount of packages, it could get lost. I only put a value of $100.00 on as Toby suggested so if it's lost, you'll be out a whole bunch of money. But....the offer still stands. I absolutely LOVE my Tria. I have one more week to go and then I'm on the rest and get gorgeous Laughing stage. Blessings
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Well darn...I just went to click the buy button for the Tria and realized they don't ship to the USA, just Canada. And Reaura is just in the UK. Are there any options for those of us in the US? I don't have anyone in those countries who could ship to me. I'm guessing it's waiting on FDA approval still.

Shasta, I have 2 sellers for ReAura if you want to PM me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Deb, I'm sorry, that's horrible. I hope the owner took care of medical expenses.

For those in the US who ordered from TSC, were you able to get the EasyPay?

Yes I got easy pay but you need to call in the order if from the US and remember it must be sent to a Canadian address. An update if you are ordering from the Tria website, they require an shipping address and credit card address that is Canadian. That was not the case a month ago so if someone in Canada is ordering for you it would be good to send them the money through PayPal and let them do the transaction through the Tria website. I hope that makes sense.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I was just watching PQ video and I think I might have come up with the "missing piece of information" between the power/strength of the Tria vs ReAura laser.

I did a comparison earlier were I looked at what available information we had on the two lasers and come to the conclusion that both lasers had similar power strength but I was never able to get over how one could be used 7 days a week vs 2. I think I have come up with a plausible explanation. When I was watching the video I noticed how large the laser window was on the Tria compared to the ReAura. It is a much longer opening. This got me thinking if that could make the laser strength of power/intensity that comes from that opening weaker. It can. Basically my DH explained it to me this way. If you have a 100 watt light bulb that is lighten a whole room vs a 100 watt light bulb that is just lighten a table, the intensity of that light just lighten the table is going to be a lot stronger.

Below is a reference that explains it in more technical terms. I don't know this for sure since I don't own both lasers and doubt either company will give us their proprietary information but this makes sense to me. What do you think?

http://www.rp-photonics.com/optical_intensity.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Video is now on my YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/homebeautydevice

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 am      Reply with quote
CookieD will look at your link when I get home from work tonight.

Philip PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Philip,

Your video is very informative!

Thx for your hard work.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
I noticed that the Tria DVD divides the face into four zones that exclude the nose. I don't want an old nose in my rejuvenated face. Sad The DVD said it is okay to use the Tria on the skin over the cheekbone and the eye orbital (not close to the eyes); is the skin over the nose too close to the bone? Has anyone tried it on the nose?

Tessera, I used it on my nose without any problems and I think everyone else here has also.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
An update on my review of the Tria:

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/an-update-on-my-progress-with-the-tria-skin-rejuvenating/

Best wishes

Philip/PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
You can call the company for reassurance and you can make a decision to back down to level 2 again. You have to do what you are comfortable with. I don't hestitate to call a company when I am unsure. Wink

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |