Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
needmeds

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Rebecca1 wrote:
needmeds wrote:
Rebecca1 wrote:
needmeds wrote:
Rebecca1
Yes.. Mine has done this since I received it ( 10 weeks ago) it hasn't effected its operation so I haven't worried about it further. Plus I am in Australia so returning it would be a major hassle.

Hi Rebecca1, Can I ask where you purchased your Tria from, and if it works on Australian power ok.
TIA

Hi,

I used a mail forwarding company called "webuyitforyou".
Works perfectly but you will of course need a plug/outlet adaptor.

Hope that helps!

Very Helpful Thank You. Can I ask was it expensive? & is the warranty still valid on the device.

Regards & Thanks

It did add perhaps $80 dollars to the overall price (including shipping). But very well worth it.

Another member purchased through them and had a problem recharging her unit and was able to return it with no problems...

Thank You for taking the time and giving me some great information, I very much appreciate it Regards & Thanks
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm half way through my 2nd round of treatment and thought I'd post an update. By the way I use a 10X's magnifying mirror, so I'm pretty intimate with my imperfections Very Happy
1)I have two vertical lines above my lips - one deeper than the other; the less pronounced line has completely gone and the other one appears to be smoothing out - still there though.
2) I have quite large pores on each side of my nose that are definitely getting smaller.
3) Spider vein on my chin is still fading - got a ways to go yet before its completely gone.
4) The skin on my jowls and under my chin seem to be firmer.
5) Overall my skin appears to be clearer, to the point where I can go out without makeup!! Something I NEVER did before.

On my first round of treatment I bumped up to level 3, but really did a number on my skin! I had red marks for about 3 weeks, so when I started the 2nd round, I went back to level 2 and will continue on level 2 for now.

I'm really happy with the results so far and would recommend it to anyone on the fence about buying it.

One thing I have to say is I absolutely despise the after care serum - its just horribly gooey, doesn't absorb into the skin and leaves a sticky film on my face UGH!! I'm using Avene spray and Aloe gel and its every bit as good.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's fab, Anya. I too am working on a few deep lines above my lip and I too have one really deep one. I'm also 1/2 way through round 2 but so far, haven't noticed improvement on the lines. I tried to bump it up to level 3 but I seriously think I burned my skin so I only do level 2 and use the Avene spray and gel packs. I find the gel packs really take down the redness. Don't you just love this little machine!!!!!!
blessings
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
UPDATE:

I am starting my 2nd round of treatments after a two month rest period. I was able to use on level 3 for most of the time.

I don't have a lot of hyperpigmentation but the laser has been very effective at erasing completely some light spots and a couple that were darker(one the size of a pencil eraser on my cheek)is at least 50% faded. I don't really notice much improvement in forehead, crowsfeet or lip lines yet. Plumpness and firmness is only subtle so far.

After I finished the 8 wks my skin looked quite dull. I'm thinking it might have been from not using Retin-A or vit.C serum during that time. This time I plan to stay on level 2 and continue to use a C serum & RA 1-2x a week and see how that goes.

Anyone contemplating the Tria if you have any pigmentation issues this home laser is extremely effective & well worth the purchase.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I will second you, Brierrose. I had dark pigmentation at the top of both of my cheekbones and it was completely erased on my first set of treatments. None of the creams, lotions and potions that I've used over the years ever made a dent in it. So, my skin is totally clear and even toned. Love that!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Same here Shamus! Nothing has worked to completely erase them like the Tria has. I don't know why I was kind of surprised because that's what it's supposed to do but I quess I entered in with a bit of skepticism that it would work as well as it has.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone over the age of 55 had any success with the Tria?
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be 60 in a month
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:

Hi stovetop, I'm 59 and had success with removing hyperpigmentation on most spots. A couple of darker spots that have faded so much I'm optimistic will be gone with subsequent treatments. I have yet to see if there will be noticeable improvement with lines and tightening of skin but I'm hoping to.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:

I am 57 and have had great success with the Tria. I will be doing a second round soon! Dancing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I agree the Tria is the bees knees for pigmentation. The only thing that has ever worked for me. I am in my rest period at the moment. Interestingly, two large spots of reddish hyperpigmentation (from old blemishes) that remained after I finished my first 8 weeks are now all but gone. So good to see that the improvements continue, as they should, during the rest period.

The only dissapointment I have is on my chest area, where the pigmentation, which is severe, has hardly improved at all. I did both areas on level 3, so would have expected a similar result. Hoping for some results in my 2nd round.
jannlinn

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to Tria, only on my third week of rnd 1. I am pleased to hear that people are having results on level 2, because I am not sure level 3 will be attainable for awhile. I am already noticing differences in my skin and am very hopeful for good results by the 8th week. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the kalaya products, company in ON, they sell an ultimate moisture cream, full of natural products, reasonable priced and works amazing after the tria treatments. Hardly any sign of redness by morning.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use the moisture cream too Jannlinn.It's fabulous and I bought it for a fabulous price when evitality.ca had their annual 70% off sale before Christmas. Did you get anything from them when they had the sale?
grabbyg

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Tria now for about a week. I love it. My experience has been severe redness and flaking and dry skin for about 4 days and the last few days much of it subsiding. I however went right into level 3 on day 2. I also have started using C E Frulic by skinceuaticals that seems to be helping alot. I have a friend that works for the Fraxel company and says that they have teamed up with them to provide after care for fraxel treatments and that CE Ferulic is the best. So am trying it and it really does seem to work in calming skin down.

I would like to keep up with the forum, but having trouble figuring out how to navigate? Any logic to the post or do i have to just scan them one by one? And why are the most recent post all the way on the last pages? anyway glad to be here to share experiences.

Question: anyone still using Retin A while doing treatment? I have been using Retin A for years and I love it and it is the one staple I refuse to give up no matter what I am doing. And I doing think not using is an option for 8 weeks.
Janinejl

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in getting this but it was mentioned here somewhere that if the battery dies, say after a year you would have to buy a whole new unit. Sad So for those of you who have actually gotten it, does this not concern you or am I wrong about the battery issue?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
grabbyg wrote:

I would like to keep up with the forum, but having trouble figuring out how to navigate? Any logic to the post or do i have to just scan them one by one? And why are the most recent post all the way on the last pages?

Hi grabbyg, at the bottom of the page of each post thread is the wording "watch this post for replies". You can click on that and it will send you an email when someone has posted on a thread you are interested in. The most recent post are at the end because the first post is when someone started the thread. People keep replying to the original post so all the information about that subject is in one area. At least that's the way it is supposed to work.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Shamus, I do use alot of the Kalaya products and had originally ordered from TSC but now also shop from evitality.ca. I wish I had gotten more of the ultimate moisture cream when they had their sale, the latest I purchased was their regular moisture cream, I don't care for it as much, more scent, no aloe vera gel, so I will use it up and watch for the ultimate cream again. Their emu oil and pain block products are fabulous as well.
39nholding

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm new and have enjoying your posts about the Tria skin rejuvenation. I just received mine today (I'm in Canada) and am hoping for some feed back from you "veterans" Wink

When I opened the box it smelled heavily perfumed. I can't put that on my face. Is it ok to use my regular hypo-allergenic stuff instead of their products? I'm thinking maybe aloe-vera after a treatment ? Anybody try this?

Secondly, I've heard mention that A & C are no nos while using the tria....does that mean vit A & C taken internally or A & C applied to the skin? Thanks a bunch!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Welcome 39nholding, wave
If you are going to alter using other products than the recommended ones it might be helpful to check with the company. Of course they want to push their products but I am sure they get calls from people that can't use the products due to skin sensitivities. I have called their customer service several times with questions and have gotten some great tips. I have also called and gotten some less than helpful people...so call again if you aren't satisfied....some of their staff are more informed than others.
There will be members here that have suggestions as well. Wink

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone Very Happy
I am new to Tria as well. I received mine 4 days ago, I too used the company called "webuyitforyou" (thanks Rebecca1), was extremely pleased with their service btw (hugs to you Shamus for offering to send it to me, got tired of waiting on TSC )
The first day I used it on level 2 with no problem, the next treatments I bumped it up to 3. The pain after the treatment is very intense for a few hours, and the Tria post treatment cream doesn't seem to touch the heat, ditto with aloe vera gel.
I'm not sure I can keep doing it on level 3 tho because of the swelling the following day....but there's a little voice that is telling me don't stop cause the swelling is G O O D, sick I know right? lol
39nholding

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback Toby!

I'll be calling Tria today with questions and to activate machine. I tried activating on-line last night but it didn't work...
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
moonlighting wrote:
Hi everyone Very Happy
I am new to Tria as well. I received mine 4 days ago, I too used the company called "webuyitforyou" (thanks Rebecca1), was extremely pleased with their service btw (hugs to you Shamus for offering to send it to me, got tired of waiting on TSC )
The first day I used it on level 2 with no problem, the next treatments I bumped it up to 3. The pain after the treatment is very intense for a few hours, and the Tria post treatment cream doesn't seem to touch the heat, ditto with aloe vera gel.
I'm not sure I can keep doing it on level 3 tho because of the swelling the following day....but there's a little voice that is telling me don't stop cause the swelling is G O O D, sick I know right? lol

Hi!! Glad you managed to get your Tria ok!

I did what you did. First day on level 2 then straight to level 3. My skin is pretty resiliant, but I still found it a bit of a struggle. Most areas had calmed down within 24 hours, but some patches would be still red. What I did was to just avoid those areas. Also I focused more as time went on on my "problem" areas and a little less on the areas that got quite red and inflamed. For example my cheeks have a lot of pigmenatation and can cope with intensive treatment, but the area around my nose gets red and stays red, so I would do a bit less on that spot.

My theory was that it was better to stay on level 3 and have the occasional day off than drop down a level. But you need to consider your skin reaction and needs. Many people here have got great results on level 2.

Not sure if this helps!!! Shock

Good luck.
moonlighting

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips Rebecca1, tonight I did just that, went over the sensitive areas a little less (seems mostly to be the thinner skin like upper cheeks/lower eye areas and around lips). Before I started Tria I took a few before pics to compare during the 8th week...fingers crossed Smile
grabbyg

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I started using level 3 on the 2nd day. My skin did get extremely dry, patchy and sensitive but I moved on and now in week 2 all of that has subsided.
I have 2 questions: 1. has anyone noticed that by the time you have gotten to quad. 3 or 4 of face the machine gets really hot?Is this normal. I almost felt like it could burn me if I stayed too long in one spot. Is this heat part of the treatment? Question #2/I find that the chin area which is its very own quad is rather small an area to go over and over for the required time. I do it, but wonder if it is over kill.

I walk around looking like I am sunburned, but I love the machine and truly do think it is one of the few things out on the market that actually produces visible results.
2Maria
5% products discount

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yesterday my Tria laser arrived. I am so excited. It is so wonderful to have such a forum and have such a support system. Everyone becomes friends. I will activate soon as I will be away for a few days.
I am not clear if the laser device, when it sits in the cradle between use, needs to be plugged into an outlet all the time or if it can be used more than once before charging up. I know you wonderful friends will advise me. I am sure it will be a little overwhelming using it the first few times.
Thanks for your help.
I am also not sure how to use this site, or how to apply the little emoticons, or when or how to receive free gifts.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |