Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ncn service
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Koshka69
5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello.I been reading this forum for over 5 years and got many good advices from the members.

Iam not a good writer and english is my second language but after horrible service from NCN skin care and Nancy personal answer i decided to share my experience.

2 week ago i ordered some products from Nancy in total including tax 96$.I wanted include a soap bar (cost 8 $) in my order but in the process of ordering saw a free samples .I ordered many times from many companies (last time from scin biology and received a whole face soap bar from them).
I did not expect anything free but decided to removed the soap from my order and expect at least a decent size sample or may be a whole bar (like from skin biology)

I received my ordere today.OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the soap sample size is exactly 1 smx 1sm
and to my opinion impossible to use or maybe only once.
Now i dont have a soap and if i want to order it
i have to pay more than 20$ (shipping cost and so on)
I did wrote a letter to Nancy
and this this her responce
Really Anna? Complaining about something that's FREE? What did you expect, an entire bar? It says "Free SAMPLE(s) with an order of $50.00 or more...... You are the ONLY person who has even complained about it. Do you know how many companies give free samples - hardly any! You make me want to put an end to the entire thing except that everyone else is grateful. You should order from skin biology from now on.

I’m sick and tired of people wanting everything for free.

If you're that unhappy, and ungrateful I might add, send everything back for a refund. I'm very disappointed in YOU!

Horrible ................horrible customer service and attitude

Be aware..............there is tooooooooo
many different website with much nicer customer service

Anna
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
well Im afraid you must be the exception Exclamation

I have had nothing but wonderful and efficient service from Nanci.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
In my experience, Nanci's customer service has been TOP NOTCH. I purchase from her not only because I love her products but also because of her high level of customer service and professionalism.

Many, many members on this forum also are happy customers!

5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
i copied her answer exactly.........

never seen such a rude customer service in my life
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have ordered from Nancy a couple of times and had no problems. I did get the soap as a free sample and I have to say it is very small. I ended up not likening it so it was no big deal. But I have to say there are better ways to handle a customer service issue then calling someone ungrateful and saying your disappointed in them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, her response does sound excessive, but what, may I ask, had you written to her to prompt that kind of reaction?
If you began with "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and followed suit after that, I don't know what to tell you. Laughing

I don't know what 1sm x 1sm is, but I don't think you can expect a sample size to be of any amount that's useful anyway, just because other companies sometimes send out overstock. I'd expect a "sample" to be enough for a generous patch test and am pleasantly surprised at how much more they usually give.

On the other hand it's a little odd to promise "a sample" with a $50+ order, rather than a "gift". Most companies throw samples in with any sized order from what I've seen.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Koshka69... I would bet the ranch that Nanci never sent you any such email. (A little manipulation on your part perhaps?)

I also think if this is the best you can do after "5" years of reading the forum (as your 1st post), then *we* haven't missed anything of quality from you.

What exactly do you expect from a "free sample"?

Nanci has some wonderful products, and her customer service is top notch. I think it's sad (and quite suspect) that you would go out of your way to post rubbish about her.

Luckily, a great deal of EDS members have personal experiences purchasing from NCN, so a post such as your's, is taken with a grain of salt.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Koshka69
5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
i didnt say any thing disrespectful to her.
But how can you say to your client you just ordered product in total for 96$....."i am tired of people want everything for free?.........and i dissapoited on you........?

What is your respect to clients?

size 1smx1sm............it is 1 cantimert x 1 cantimeter.for soap who cost her ..........probably 1-2 dollars for entire bar.......to give such a small sample .........i thing is very cheap and disrespectful........and she is making such a big deal of it!I am offering a free sample.You cant even used it!!!!!

Sorry.I was so exacting to get my order.
She just ruined my day..........by ruddiness and
disrespect
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy

5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy..............i can sent you her response
by email...........if your thing it is manupulation from my side.

I came to Canada 5 years ago,english my 3 language.I was embarrassed to write (i am still thinking my english very far from good) and very busy leaning english getting my licence ,starting my new life.

But i always had a bit time to read the forum and your posts specifically

But i understand ..........what your mean........tehre is many sick and bored people in the world.......making drama .......and news from nothing.
I never in my life got such a horrible responce from customer service......and about Nancy
i ve learned from this forum.

Sorry........
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it doesn't sound too unreasonable to be expecting a larger sample if that's what you're used to, and if it was used as incentive for people to top up their orders. But it may be possible that your tone in your e-mail to her came off more rudely than you intended, and that she'd had a rough day.

You can understand people here being partial to her and less sympathetic to you since they're already familiar with her. And as Kassy pointed out, you created an account here, not to participate in skincare discussions but specificaly to fink on a company. It's not been the most positive way to introduce yourself to the forum.

Your English is fine - do contribute to some of the other threads!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Koshka69
5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lori A thank you so much.You absolutely right.
I ll try to make more input(and not in the negative way........i am very positive persone)
and i even can improve my enlish and selfconfidence!!!!!!!!!!!
But unfortunatly........some people can understand your wrong............that the world..........of
internet communication i believe Sad
romajo
5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
In her defense, if she hasn't ordered from Ncn before and has gotten the samples from Skin Biology I can understand her surprise. Ncn samples are tiny compared to the full sized ones from SK. I order from Ncn because I like some of her products and don't ever up my order to get samples.I order from SK because I like their products and they have an awesome sample program so I will make sure I'm getting the most samples I can get.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Koshka69 wrote:
i copied her answer exactly.........

never seen such a rude customer service in my life

Can you include your email to her by any chance, I've never heard of such by Nanci.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Koshka69, you are spoiled Very Happy I never even expect a sample from a small home-based company. Even Paula's Choice company sends samples that are good for one time use only. But I understand your disappointment, you should have asked Nanci about the sample size. And her response... looks like Nanci was not in a good mood! Very Happy Otherwise she is a very nice person to deal with.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome and thank you for posting Koshka69, your English is excellent. Would you be willing to post the full text of your message to Nanci? Then we can decide if the response was fair, and Nanci can dispute your copy and paste if she wishes.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh for Gawd's sake! Before all this drama and requests to post emails, does anybody here actually know about NCN's "Rhassoul Soap"?

The full size is fairly small but lasts forever... I would imagine even a "sliver" of it would be enough to use twice a day for a week at least.

Get over it! Use the bloody (free) sample for as long as it lasts, and THEN see if you still have complaints.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
OMG LAUGHING MY A$$ OFF!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Koshka - I have the feeling there is a communication glitch in all of this. Nanci is known for her customer service and a pleasant rapport with clients.

FWIW I got a sample of the rhassoul soap in my last order and I use it when I travel - So far two weeks of use - once per day and still soap remaining.
The only companies I've personally known to give full size samples are Skin Biology and Cellbone!- but definitely not the norm.
A 'sample' is usually just that - Small!!!! just enough for a brief try out and at most you get two-three uses from a sample.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Koshka - I have the feeling there is a communication glitch in all of this. Nanci is known for her customer service and a pleasant rapport with clients.

FWIW I got a sample of the rhassoul soap in my last order and I use it when I travel - So far two weeks of use - once per day and still soap remaining.
The only companies I've personally known to give full size samples are Skin Biology and Cellbone!- but definitely not the norm.
A 'sample' is usually just that - Small!!!! just enough for a brief try out and at most you get two-three uses from a sample.

I totally agree with Sistersweet's post and have had the same experience with the soap sample lasting a good while. Since the thread is titled NCN service I have to say that it has been excellent for the six years I have used products from Nanci. I found out about her products from another forum in 2006. I especially like her new website design and look forward to the monthly newsletters. Nanci is down to earth and so helpful. She gets five stars from me. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Koshka69 wrote:

size 1smx1sm............it is 1 cantimert x 1 cantimeter.for

Hi there, you are missing a 3rd measurement. It should be 1 X 1 X something else.

And I'm wondering what that bit is?

I use the Rhassoul bar. And I love it. And I can make a bar last over 6 months or longer. Because I don't put the entire bar out. I slice it into pcs. The bar would melt away otherwise.

The piece on my slotted soap dish (key to keep it from sitting in water and melting)measures about 2 inchs X 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch.

A 1/2 inch is a tiny bigger than 1cm.

This piece will infact last about a month. This is with 2x's a day washing, and one heck of a lather.

Have never had a problem with Nancy. She's always been very gracious.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Im not sure why you would write this post as a new member...just seems very suspicious to me.
I'm a happy NCN customer and Im actually pretty new to her stuff. But when I emailed her about how I can use other products with hers she was more than willing to help and quite polite.

People don't realise that giving free advice and free samples is truly a BIG deal...its true you shouldn't complain about free stuff...sorry but just saying Rolling Eyes
Koshka69
5% products discount

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Thank everybody for replies.

May be it is my english, but i started this topic not to complain about free samples and the size of it.
Not at all.
I wanted to share horrible and rude answer from Nancy.
"I am sick of people like you wanted everything for free.You should order from SB now on.I am dissapointed by you"

Never got such an answer from customer service.
You cant treat clients like that.Nobody!!!!!!!!!Ever!!!!!!!!

For me customer service mean a lot.I would never go back where been treated with disrespect and rudeness.
I was in such a shock yesterday by her response
so decided ti share and started this topic.
i ve learn a lot about my self(matipulative,spoiled ).I ve learn not to expect anything for free(which this i never did),i ve learn how to measure ,how to cut soap and store it.
It wasnt about it
At all.
Sorry for confusion
Lets talk about beauty,share tips and experience.
Lets dont let ruddiness to destroy our life
Thank you.
Anna
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Well I'm in shock from YOUR response. I also have a sample of Rhassoul soap sitting in my shower - and it lasts for a good time.

You are complaining about receiving something for FREE. Completely unreasonable IMO. Samples are samples - they are small - that's why they're called a samples!!!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I've always found Nanci's customer service to be of the highest order. But I suppose we all have our breaking point - and, quite frankly, if she wrote that, I don't blaim her.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Koshka69 wrote:
Thank everybody for replies.

May be it is my english, but i started this topic not to complain about free samples and the size of it.
Not at all.
I wanted to share horrible and rude answer from Nancy.
"I am sick of people like you wanted everything for free.You should order from SB now on.I am dissapointed by you"

Never got such an answer from customer service.
You cant treat clients like that.Nobody!!!!!!!!!Ever!!!!!!!!

For me customer service mean a lot.I would never go back where been treated with disrespect and rudeness.
I was in such a shock yesterday by her response
so decided ti share and started this topic.
i ve learn a lot about my self(matipulative,spoiled ).I ve learn not to expect anything for free(which this i never did),i ve learn how to measure ,how to cut soap and store it.
It wasnt about it
At all.
Sorry for confusion
Lets talk about beauty,share tips and experience.
Lets dont let ruddiness to destroy our life
Thank you.
Anna

Keep in mind it's a "rude" answer based on your complaint of small sizes. On, basically, your since of entitlement.

Koshka, I think the point some are trying to make is that you complained about the size of the sample to the company. The reason many of us have commented on the size, is because unless you received a shaving, though it LOOKS small, it will actually last a very long time. I'm surprised you didn't glean that little bit of info in your 5 years of research. But maybe you missed it.

You make the point here that sending you such a small size, is "cheap and disrespectful."

Since you chose not to post your inquiry to Nanci, one can somewhat assume that you sent an e-mail complaining of the tiny size that could perhaps (not tried) only get 2 uses out of it.

Furthermore,it's "cheap and disrespectful" of the company to send you such a small free item.

When apparently you were expecting a full size (as opposed to sample size) item. Or at least something much larger than the typical one month supply. But then you don't want to actually tell us what the acutal size is. Just comment that you've been schooled on taking measurements.

Was the response rec'd, if accurate, over the top? Perhaps. Warranted to your inquiry? Perhaps. We don't know. Only one side of this story has been presented.

I can't tell you how many incredibly rude e-mails I receive from customers. Many showing a clear lack of comprehension as to what they are talking about. Usually followed by a profuse apology when they realize it's their lack of understanding that causes their "complaint".

You can only imagine just how excited I am to work with them.

You may have been the "cherry on her cake" with your e-mail to her yesterday. You say she "ruined" your day. Does it occur to you, you may have ruined hers? Or does that even matter?

Just imagine for a moment that she really thinks what you claim she wrote. That you are not the only person complaining about how stingy she is with her FREE gifts. That because you don't understand, and probably didn't ask, that a tiny bar of soap was going to last you nearly a month (how come it didn't occur to you to post here about the size and if it's big enough to learn anything about the product?) you somehow felt entitled to a 6 month to nearly a year supply that would have cost you $8.00. I challenge you to find a face wash that costs you less then $1.00 a month. That she as a small company should have basically given you what you've decided would only cost her $2.00.

At what point do you think she deserves to be paid for her time, energies, efforts to working with and finding the right manufacturers to produce such products. The cost of storage? The cost of employees.

The price of a product, which in this case is DIRT CHEAP, Is much more than the cost of ingredients that go into the one bar.

I have to say of late, it is a bit suspicious that a brand new poster comes in to TRASH a company.

There is a huge sense of wanting to deliver utter destruction by a handful of "newbies" lately.

In fact, I KNOW I won't be surprised in the least if, as you say, you'd like to now "talk about beauty,share tips and experience" and bring forth a company that you've been buying from "for years" and you'd really like to recommend them, AND their fabulous customer service.

Well, you probably wonder why on earth I'm so passionate about posting such a long reply to such a ridiculous post.

It's because in your effort to share your miserable experience, to protect the consumer from a bad mood, that I've never seen reported even once on NCN will be quite "google-able".

You feel slighted. I get that. And I also get you feel you should impact her livelihood in a very damaging way. In this awful economy. Where the last man standing may very well be the guy who is quite pleased to sell you toxins in a bottle, for a price that will cost you your next child... literally and figuratively. But hey, the customer service and toxins are delivered with a smile. Ya-whoooooo!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |