Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DIY colostrum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I am trying out the medieval flat earth animal based colostrum. It took me a while to realise that even though there are many good things in it, penetration is key and just mixing it into my moisturizer would not do much. So I came up with this:

Mix base

2 tblsp rosewater
2 tsp propylene glycol
2 tsp ethanol 40% (wodka will do nicely)

Mix and store in bottle.

(rosewater isn't essential, you can easily substitute with water or any hydrosol of choice - but colostrum doesn't smell very nice so I prefer rose water, which in itself is of course also a nice skin care ingredient).

Right before use, mix 1 tsp of mix base with 1/4 tsp of colostrum powder. I mix it up in a cute little mortar and pestle.

Freshness is key, especially for the growth factors. Goat breeders warn that colostrum, even when kept refrigerated, loses its beneficial properties within 8 hours, so I gathered I must make it up fresh before every use to get the most benefit.
Propylene glycol and alcohol help penetration.

Use as a serum 2xd.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther, How long have you been using this and have you seen any difference yet? Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
In this formula, about 1 1/2 weeks. Before that, once a day as a mask, before that, in my face cream, and after the last 3 skin rolls with a 0.5 mm roller.
Since I started using it the angry red flaky patch on my left cheek which I had since I was 16 (hairdresser spilled perm fluid, I always thought it was a scar) has cleared up almost completely, normal colour, no more flakes, no need for concealer.
Skin is looking brighter and less blotchy - apparently I had some inflammation going on that the colostrum is clearing up? Skin feels smooth and soft. Too soon to tell if it's going to do anything for wrinkles and fine lines, and besides it would be very hard to tell if that would be from the colostrum or from the series of skin rolls kicking in or the ACE serum or anything.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds great, Lotusesther! I also have an "angry red patch" but mine is eczema. I wonder if this would help with that? I may give this a go after trialing the Reluma, and then the Environ Colustrum.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, my recipe is mostly based on the Environ gel, so I guess that should work, probably even better. And ReLuma of course is way more packed with good stuff, so that should be your best chance!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Rileygirl, my recipe is mostly based on the Environ gel, so I guess that should work, probably even better. And ReLuma of course is way more packed with good stuff, so that should be your best chance!

Great! This makes me more excited to try the Reluma (and the Environ)! Thank you!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

Any more to report?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm still very happy to use it. It really works.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

were are you getting your powder from? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

Lotusesther, where did you get your colostrum from?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I live in Holland so I order from a Dutch webshop (saves p & p). But there are lots of US based webshops that carry it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm re-posting this here - I also posted it on the Colostrum supplementation thread started by Gretchen. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6480934#6480934

The Colostrum Powder mixes beautifully into the Aloe Vera Gel - it makes a rather lovely creamy consistency. I rubbed it into the back of my hands and it left them feeling and looking as though I'd applied a silicone product - very, very smooth. It sunk right in, was a little tacky but then dried completely. It also smells lovely!

I'm going to try this on my face in the morning - I already mix my Vitamin C Powder into Aloe Vera Gel so I think I'll just add a small scoop of the Colostrum Powder into the mix as well. Will update in the morning what I think.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Next time i'll try mixing it with aloe gel, I never thought of that! And that's so simple!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Next time i'll try mixing it with aloe gel, I never thought of that! And that's so simple!

The backs of my hands are so smoooooth - and I can't stop smelling them!!!

Kudos to you for coming up with the idea of DIYing with the powder - I think it's going to be a winner.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Funny that you actually LIKE the smell, since I don't. But the smoothness is definitely from the colostrum - when I started to use it on my face I just couldn't stop touching my cheeks, they felt so smooth!

I love this stuff, and feel it supports the other things I do for my face. And break outs heal faster than ever before.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

this sounds very interesting. Approx how much colostrum powder would you add per ml of cream/gel?

many thanks

Jackie xx
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I found this very helpful when I was researching what to look for in colostrum supplements. Couldn't hurt to have it in this nice thread;

http://www.marysgarden.com/colostrum/colostrum_faq.htm#soluble and insoluble

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thnx Kassy!
Jackie, there's no hard and fast rule, I'm just experimenting....
My recipe above gives something that's not too tacky. If you use too much colostrum it feels like an egg white mask on your face. If you use too little I don't know if it's going to do much. I find 1/8 teaspoon on 1 teaspoon of carrier (and I am going to try aloe as a carrier next) is somewhat tacky but sinks in after a minute or two.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Thnx Kassy!
Jackie, there's no hard and fast rule, I'm just experimenting....
My recipe above gives something that's not too tacky. If you use too much colostrum it feels like an egg white mask on your face. If you use too little I don't know if it's going to do much. I find 1/8 teaspoon on 1 teaspoon of carrier (and I am going to try aloe as a carrier next) is somewhat tacky but sinks in after a minute or two.

when I get around to ordering this, I am trying your first recipe, aloe stays tacky on me, no matter what its in, odd I know but just my skin. Maybe I have too much of it already Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:09 am      Reply with quote
brilliant! thanks lotuseater,

Jackie xx
auburneyz
5% products discount

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

The Colostrum Powder mixes beautifully into the Aloe Vera Gel - it makes a rather lovely creamy consistency. I rubbed it into the back of my hands and it left them feeling and looking as though I'd applied a silicone product - very, very smooth. It sunk right in, was a little tacky but then dried completely. It also smells lovely!

I'm going to try this on my face in the morning - I already mix my Vitamin C Powder into Aloe Vera Gel so I think I'll just add a small scoop of the Colostrum Powder into the mix as well. Will update in the morning what I think.

Greetings! I am seriously considering DIY'ing with the Colostrum, its been several months. Are you ladies still very happy with it? I am also dermarolling/vitamin C & Vitamin A daily. I have no problem putting in the work, whatever it takes,to repair some of the damage to my skin. But am struggling with all of my options. Wink

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |