Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beautiful Image micro current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, thank you so much. I read the entire thread and it's very informative.
So far I've changed my mind about buying NuFace.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is the hand-held device that I have:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Microcurrent-Galvanic-Face-Lift-Ion-Skin-Care-Spa-/120761012569?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1c1dead159

As you can see, it's very inexpensive - but it does operate inside of the correct parrameters. I purchased it instead of the NuFace because of its price. The NuFace is basically two prongs with a 9v battery - this device has two heads and is rechargeble.

Does it work well? Seems to. Has it made a visible difference to my face? Don't think so.

I wouldn't presume to recommend this to anyone - but, quite frankly, I don't know why the NuFace would be any better.

I'm going to put more effort into using my "professional" device - the trouble is, I think technique has allot to do with it. So I've got to get that right.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu your gadget looks a lot like NuFace old model. Do you (or anybody)know the difference between galvanic and micro current? And what exactly is *True MC*? Nanci said that 500 micro amps is true MC but I read somewhere else that 500 is too high.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Keliu your gadget looks a lot like NuFace old model. Do you (or anybody)know the difference between galvanic and micro current? And what exactly is *True MC*? Nanci said that 500 micro amps is true MC but I read somewhere else that 500 is too high.

True Microcurrent is less than 500ma. My hand-held device says this: "Galvanic Current level (Power level): 0.05mA--1.0 mA (Adjustable)" - not sure how that translates (we need a technical person).

Galvanic current is also called iontophoresis and uses + and - forces. It is used to penetrate topicals deeper into the skin. The other setting is used to flush debris OUT of the skin (cleaning).

As I said earlier, microcurrent is so small I don't think power delivery is a factor. That's why a simple 9v batter can be used.

My professional machine comes with added settings like a timer (it times the length of the microcurrent delivery) and a setting to set how deep it goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, which professional device do you have?

I really want a microcurrent machine, buy they are so varied.

very tempted by this one..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320789867287?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_8774wt_1270

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I can't find the one I purchased on Ebay any more. The one you linked to certainly looks ok - but honestly I'm really not the person to be asking. Maybe you could PM girltwocb - she's an aesthetician and makes tutorials on how to do microcurrent facials. She's just started a thread with the videos.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=46703

Also, Nanci from NCN is bringing out a microcurrent machine, but not till the end of the year. It may be worthwhile waiting to see what she comes up with.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I just had to chime in, I think I heard my name mentioned and my ears were itching, as they say.

Microcurrent is one current that is universal. It's the waveforms and other bells and whistles that make each machine unique. But I have to say, without proper technique and holding times, not all treatments are effective. Plus, if the face is holding tension, Microcurrent can tense muscles more. If you don't release the muscles with simple massage first, the results aren't so noticeable. Lastly, lymph drainage before each session is crucial, otherwise it's just a "soupy mess".

About the Nuface, I think the design is cute, but you really need the wands for the most effective treatment.

Please check out all my videos. It will save you loads of time and effort. I post techniques and knowledge that has taken me 8 years to accumulate. (I've worked on hundreds of faces over the years as I'm an esthetician for 13 years now).

If you have any special requests about trouble areas please post them in the comments section on YouTube or here on eds. Finally, please watch the ads, if you would be so kind, so I can continue to provide quality content.

http://www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos

Cheers,
Christine Byer
Master Esthetician specializing in microcurrent

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Christine - For you I will watch the ads. Very Happy

I've watched several of your you tubes. Do you think the gloves are useful in place of the wands or in addition to? I admit I only saw one with discussion of gloves.

Also are you aware of Tanaka massage? and if so how do you consider it in the scheme of microcurrent preparation?

Do you feel the NuFace is valuable as an everyday tool *for maintenance if you get a big daddy microcurrent? I like my nuface but am waiting for Nanci's release as something bigger and better. I always swear I look just a little better when I use the nuface. I used to use botox and no longer do. If I miss a nuface tx - it shows - unfortunately.

sorry - so many questions but you're here and I had to let it fly. Thanks so much for your help. ~~~Sis

girltwocb wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just had to chime in, I think I heard my name mentioned and my ears were itching, as they say.

Microcurrent is one current that is universal. It's the waveforms and other bells and whistles that make each machine unique. But I have to say, without proper technique and holding times, not all treatments are effective. Plus, if the face is holding tension, Microcurrent can tense muscles more. If you don't release the muscles with simple massage first, the results aren't so noticeable. Lastly, lymph drainage before each session is crucial, otherwise it's just a "soupy mess".

About the Nuface, I think the design is cute, but you really need the wands for the most effective treatment.

Please check out all my videos. It will save you loads of time and effort. I post techniques and knowledge that has taken me 8 years to accumulate. (I've worked on hundreds of faces over the years as I'm an esthetician for 13 years now).

If you have any special requests about trouble areas please post them in the comments section on YouTube or here on eds. Finally, please watch the ads, if you would be so kind, so I can continue to provide quality content.

http://www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos

Cheers,
Christine Byer
Master Esthetician specializing in microcurrent

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sis,

The gloves are absolutely incredible for "upping your game" in Microcurrent. They really helped deepen my understanding of how the muscles all work together, where the tension is and what's slack.

Yes I've seen the Tanaka massage. It seems wonderful, but with the right Microcurrent moves and a little knowledge, you can do all that the Tanaka accomplishes AND lift muscles in one treatment. (I mean, how much time do we want to spend on our faces, anyway? I have a two year old baby girl who just wouldn't stand for that!)

I've started doing private Microcurrent lessons via Skype or FaceTime. You learn alot in that time. I did one for another member here, and she said this about it (I'll let her reveal herself only if she wants to)

"About our session today.....You really caused me to think outside of the box....this is really good. I could see a big difference and there was way more sensations in my face afterwards than I have ever had before."

Cheers,
Christine

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:

I've started doing private Microcurrent lessons via Skype or FaceTime.

I'm not sure when I will get a machine. May wait to see what NCN comes out with but I'll be sure to sign up for a lesson when I get one. What a great idea by the way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Christine. You are sharing some great experience for us and I am sure many EDS folks will want to have opportunity of your expertise. I'm private Neutral somewhat But I might be happy to do an on-line face to face at some point . I know I love what I've seen.

Glad to know the gloves will do more than the Tanaka alone.
You are very appreciated Christine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, maybe you were right that "Micro current is micro current" regardless of the device used.
Dr. Perricone, who is a huge fan of MC treatments, says about the same thing in his book 'Forever Young'

He states "There is no difference between the power used in a home care system and that used in a professional machine"

"The treatments work on the muscles of the face through a combination of manual manipulation and biostimulation. Manual manipulation of the muscle is achieved through the use of two probes that gently massage the muscle along its origin and insertion points. The origin point of the muscle is the bone and the insertion point is where the muscle connects to the skin. Stimulating the muscle fibers at the origin and insertion point of the muscle involved gently coaxes them to stretch or shorten with no pain..... this process, known as muscle reeducation, is the cornerstone of microcurrent treatments. The two-hand design allows the user to manipulate the muscle along these points.... Simply applying microcurrent to the face in a static manner will have the same biostimulation effects on the tissue but will lack the muscle reeducation benefits found in the proper treatments"

So, as Keliu said, technique makes a difference.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Keliu, maybe you were right that "Micro current is micro current" regardless of the device used.
Dr. Perricone, who is a huge fan of MC treatments, says about the same thing in his book 'Forever Young'

He states "There is no difference between the power used in a home care system and that used in a professional machine"

"The treatments work on the muscles of the face through a combination of manual manipulation and biostimulation. Manual manipulation of the muscle is achieved through the use of two probes that gently massage the muscle along its origin and insertion points. The origin point of the muscle is the bone and the insertion point is where the muscle connects to the skin. Stimulating the muscle fibers at the origin and insertion point of the muscle involved gently coaxes them to stretch or shorten with no pain..... this process, known as muscle reeducation, is the cornerstone of microcurrent treatments. The two-hand design allows the user to manipulate the muscle along these points.... Simply applying microcurrent to the face in a static manner will have the same biostimulation effects on the tissue but will lack the muscle reeducation benefits found in the proper treatments"

So, as Keliu said, technique makes a difference.

Keliu is absolutely correct! It is all in the technique!

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Christine or Photoqueen - given that most of us will be doing the microcurrent treatments on ourselves - do you think using a machine with gloves would be easier. I find using the probes a bit awkward and my arms get tired. I think I would enjoy massaging my face with the gloves on more. Do you get the same lifting effect with the gloves?

There is a machine on Ebay which only comes with the gloves, no probes - what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bio-Microcurrent-Ion-Skin-Face-Lifting-Tighten-Care-Gloves-Salon-Machine-a-/170805571490?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item27c4ce2fa2

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Christine or Photoqueen - given that most of us will be doing the microcurrent treatments on ourselves - do you think using a machine with gloves would be easier. I find using the probes a bit awkward and my arms get tired. I think I would enjoy massaging my face with the gloves on more. Do you get the same lifting effect with the gloves?

There is a machine on Ebay which only comes with the gloves, no probes - what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bio-Microcurrent-Ion-Skin-Face-Lifting-Tighten-Care-Gloves-Salon-Machine-a-/170805571490?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item27c4ce2fa2

It would be much easier to use gloves, and if you just mimic the movements you would normally do with probes, and do lots of holding and lifting, I believe you would get a very similar result.

I don't know the machine which is linked, so I would google the machine name and see if you can find some reviews before spending any money on it.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Keliu:

Why not consider buying a pair of gloves and use it with your existing microcurrent machine?

http://store.skinforlife.com/MicroCurrent-Gloves-microcurrent-gloves.htm

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:56 am      Reply with quote
That would be a good idea - but I don't think they will plug into my machine. My machine only has one outlet for the prongs - plus the outlet is actually broken and I have the current set of prongs taped up to it. If I pull out the prongs, the connection thingy falls inside the machine (in other words it's pretty stuffed!)

Now I'm lusting after this unit - it has the gloves and the prongs and packs away neatly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIO-FACE-LIFT-MICROCURRENT-FACIAL-SKIN-CARE-MACHINE-MAGIC-GLOVES-FREE-SHIP-/170810296653?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item27c516494d

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:52 am      Reply with quote
This looks interesting. It comes from Denmark and electricity is 220/50. In US it's 120/60. Will we need a transformer or adapter?
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I replied before reading the ebay listing for
Bio-Face-Lift-Micro-Current...

"All machines will be shipped with the correct electricity outlet for you!

UK 220-250V 3 pin plug for United Kingdom, EU 220-250V 2 pin plug for Europe or US 110V 3 pin plug for USA.

No additional cost to change voltage when you buy from us!

Please confirm the voltage and plug with your purchase!!"
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
That would be a good idea - but I don't think they will plug into my machine. My machine only has one outlet for the prongs - plus the outlet is actually broken and I have the current set of prongs taped up to it. If I pull out the prongs, the connection thingy falls inside the machine (in other words it's pretty stuffed!)

Now I'm lusting after this unit - it has the gloves and the prongs and packs away neatly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIO-FACE-LIFT-MICROCURRENT-FACIAL-SKIN-CARE-MACHINE-MAGIC-GLOVES-FREE-SHIP-/170810296653?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item27c516494d

Keliu,

I would ask the supplier what the waveform output is, as it must be a square wave, and what is the output in microamps, must be within the range of 160 - 500 maximum.

PQ

5% products discount

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Look what i read today:

When looking around at different types of units it is best not to ask other companies to compare their unit with different ones because of course they are going to tell you theirs is the best, so please make sure you do your homework and feel confident with the equipment and company you are doing business with, it's your investment.

Things to be aware of when doing your homework:

If it works off the main power supply and not off batteries then it is too strong to be a true microcurrent as you can not get the current down low enough from the main power supply (120v or 240v)

Is this really true????
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Yams wrote:
Look what i read today:

When looking around at different types of units it is best not to ask other companies to compare their unit with different ones because of course they are going to tell you theirs is the best, so please make sure you do your homework and feel confident with the equipment and company you are doing business with, it's your investment.

Things to be aware of when doing your homework:

If it works off the main power supply and not off batteries then it is too strong to be a true microcurrent as you can not get the current down low enough from the main power supply (120v or 240v)

Is this really true????

CACI is the industry leader in producing professional microcurrent machines and they are mains powered.

So I would ignore this guideline.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Very nice....I just added it to my watch list!

I wonder if we could get some pre-release info from Nancy on her machine and price point?

5% products discount

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Keliu, i'm also really tempted to buy that one. I couldn't find any reviews about it, but there's a vid of a woman on youtu called Micro Current Face Lift and she uses it and she answers some questions about it in the comments.

It's developed in Japan (or China) and it's a typical: Sold many times on ebay by many different sellers - Device, if you know what i mean. They always say to avoid that kind of machines, hmmm. But it looks so cute and compact Very Happy
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I replied before reading the ebay listing for
Bio-Face-Lift-Micro-Current...

"All machines will be shipped with the correct electricity outlet for you!

UK 220-250V 3 pin plug for United Kingdom, EU 220-250V 2 pin plug for Europe or US 110V 3 pin plug for USA.

No additional cost to change voltage when you buy from us!

Please confirm the voltage and plug with your purchase!!"

also this...

~★♥ ..... LOOKING FOR DISCOUNTS ?? ♥★~
We will be happy to offer the best price with discount for multiple items.
Wholesalers/Resalers or bigger lots are more than welcome <<<
Please feel free to contact us if you are looking for more items. It will be our pleasure to assist you!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |