Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beautiful Image micro current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
skinhelp wrote:
I provide training on Myotonology cosmetic facial toning and lifting. I think that it is very important to have hands on training because if the moves are done wrong, you will not get the toning and lifting benefits and the muscles could be weakened not strengthened.

The protocol is quite involved and it took me about a month to memorize all the steps. In fact, I devised a 1 page cheat sheet as a learning aid.

Do a Google search for Myotonology and you will find interesting information and videos. I am located in southern California if anyone is interested in receiving a professional treatment or training.

the bolded (above) is a little 'skeery' ain't it?

@Cookie, enjoyed reading your review...
I enjoy your meticulous details and awed at
how well-planned out
you are
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
skinhelp wrote:
I provide training on Myotonology cosmetic facial toning and lifting. I think that it is very important to have hands on training because if the moves are done wrong, you will not get the toning and lifting benefits and the muscles could be weakened not strengthened.

The protocol is quite involved and it took me about a month to memorize all the steps. In fact, I devised a 1 page cheat sheet as a learning aid.

Do a Google search for Myotonology and you will find interesting information and videos. I am located in southern California if anyone is interested in receiving a professional treatment or training.

the bolded (above) is a little 'skeery' ain't it?

@Cookie, enjoyed reading your review...
I enjoy your meticulous details and awed at
how well-planned out
you are

Thank you Kath for the kind comment. I do think it is important to do the moves correctly but (at least for me) they aren't hard to do, just hard to remember all of them. I tried to stop the video and take pictures of each individual step. That way I could just flip through them when doing a treatment but it didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Sad I wonder what skinhelp 1 page cheat sheet is like. That might be nice. Maybe I should try to do one of those myself.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Texas Beauty Institute

If interested call 817-416-6934 Option 2.

We are introducing the Biostetic 2100, our micro current unit for the foreseeable future is ready for shipping; we are offering the Biostestic 2000, slightly used trade ins, that were sold at the lowest price of $4995.00 at only $2595.00. We have 4 of these units.

Previous RF model for sale:
One slightly used unit: $1995 and two new units at $2795

ALSO BEAUTIFUL IMAGE 900 AND CHIRO950 DEMOS ARE SLIGHTLY USED AT THE INCREDIBLE PRICE OF $2995.00. We have one Beautiful Image and 3 Chiro950s available.

And finally 1 demo and 1 brand new TBI Light Tower (replaced by the Jet Peel unit) that previously sold at $3495; the demo has a few red lights out, nothing to diminish the therapy for sale at $995.00,

the New Unit is $1750.00

TBI is happy to announce the new Biostetic 2100 Series Micro current is in stock and ready to ship a well as the new Biostestics RF, the Biostetics Ultrasound and the Biostetics Jet Peel

New Biostetics 2100 micro current
The micro current unit for the foreseeable future; large touch screen, beautiful new housing and push button start in the front. 12 different intensity levels, volume control on the position beeps, multiple options on wave pattern lengths and delays between start of patterns.

New Biostetics Model 21 RF Unit New RF unit, new graphics, and the new Biostestic box with push button start and large touch screen with simple operation. This is a mono-polar unit.

New Biostetics Ultrasound Biostestic Ultrasound with two size body paddles to work in the hard to get areas like inside thighs. RF and the pads with bio-electric and infra red for end of treatment unattended period.

The Jet Peel with extra PSI at 100 to cleanse, exfoliate and deeply hydrate. Also features ozoneizer to make highly enriched oxygen facials, and the new LED light as part of the package. Finally, your choice of Diamond Tip microderm abrasion or Tri-Polar RF.
ReginaB
5% products discount

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:16 am      Reply with quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321105367075&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160#ht_291wt_1039
Pinot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Newbie here! wave Was glad to see this Beautiful Image thread bumped up. I definitely want to try microcurrent and I like everything I've read about the BI method.

Does anyone know if there's a place with a list of certified Beautiful Image salons or practitioners? I was hoping the BI site would have such a list, but they do not. I’m in South Carolina, by the way. TIA! Very Happy
ReginaB
5% products discount

Mon May 20, 2013 4:16 am      Reply with quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161029374329&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_158wt_1039
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 25, 2013 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
My newly purchased BI unit will not stay charged! I'm so upset! It cut out yesterday, so I figured it needed charging after last Sunday's mini-marathon. Then today it cut out after less than an hour, and I charged it for 12 hours last night. The treatments aren't supposed to take all that long, but I'm still using the videos until I learn the routine and moves by heart. It involves rewinding and a lot of pausing.

I have an email out to TBI...we'll see how they respond.

I'm so upset... Sad
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have owned this machine for 6 months. I have done 30 treatments of an hour plus each time. The reason I bought this machine was because I was told that you could do 10 to 15 initial treatments (2 a week) and then keep your results up by doing one treatment a month. This is not been my experience at all.

After I do a treatment I get temporary lifting in the cheek area and the eyebrow area for maybe a day, max two. I also see some reduction in my neck lines for about the same time period. This is a very time consuming treatment to keep up especially with all the traveling I do. I knew this going in but like I mentioned above I thought after the initial series I could get by with 1 treatment a month.

The learning curve on this machine is pretty high. It is not hard to use but to get the most out of it you really need to learn the different holds/moves and how to work on your particular trouble areas. I personally don't feel you can get any lifting in the face by just rubbing the rods around on your face.

If this machine had cost a lot less money and could be used less often I might have a more positive review. For me it is about risk vs reward. I risked a lot of time and money and felt the reward fell short. I was never expecting "face lift" kind of results. But I did expect to have better and more longer lasting results overall.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, thanks for this update. I am now very glad I didn't spring for something in this price range and complexity. I had done some reading about how you had to be familiar with the start point, end point, and "belly" of all the facial muscles for best results, and that was just too much for me. Confused

There is definitely some criticism of units with fixed heads, but I will say there is minimal learning curve.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I had done some reading about how you had to be familiar with the start point, end point, and "belly" of all the facial muscles for best results, and that was just too much for me.

I learned something from one of the videos I bought from Christine Byer that helped me. She basically says to think what a plastic surgeon would do if he/she was giving you a face lift.

To lift the jowl area they would pull the skin up to the ear area and then make a cut. Pull the muscle up and take any excess skin off and restitch. So you try to do the same thing to shorten the muscles by using your probes. The stationary probe is up towards the top of your ear turned horizontally and the lower probe takes the jowl area and tries to lift it towards the ear probe. In effect trying to shorten the muscles that have become elongated.

You can use the same type of concept on other muscle areas that have stretched. Like the area from the outer corner of your nose to the outer corner of your lip. Or you forehead area for the top of your eyebrows to the hairline. etc.

This is where I think the separate probes or gloves work better. I would think especially the gloves because I would think it is easier to grab the skin with gloves vs the probes.

I don't want to sound so negative and say microcurrent doesn't work. I think it does to a certain extent but for what I spent both time and money wise it has not had the payback I would have expected.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, that is so disapointing. I am really sorry to hear it wasnt an investment that paid off. Thankyou for giving us the headsup. Crying or Very sad
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry too Cookie Sad Thanks for sharing your honest and heart felt review.

Don't give up the ship though. Maybe you could just try a few little *tweaks*.

For instance. Since the primary goal of microcurrent is to produce ATP, which THEN accounts for the subtle plumping and lifting some are experiencing, you might be able to give your skin a little *food* to encourage ATP and collagen synthesis. Amino Acids, CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, L-Ascorbic Acid, Glutathione, Niacinamide and a few others come to mind.

If you have an LED, regular use also contributes to both ATP production as well as lymphatic drainage. Equally important is drinking water pre and post treatment for MC and LED treatments, which really helps to get the old sludge moving along and out.

It might sound silly to some, but I also swear by steaming my face prior to "any" treatment because it really gets the blood vessels opened, and just really makes my skin receptive to anything I throw at it... INCREASED CIRCULATION is wonderful for the skin. (Trust me when I embarrassingly tell you that I am a 49 year smoker, and you would never believe it by looking at my skin.)

What also helps me in my quest is a less is more gadget life..lol. When I use a gadget with the intention of generating ATP and collagen synthesis, I don't do a treatment more than twice a week any more. (Sadly, I haven't had time this summer for any play time, but I'm hoping to whip out a toy or two in the near future... Very Happy

I'm root, root, rooting for ya Cookie, and really hope that your investment starts to pay off.

Cheering for you! Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks girls. I haven't given up yet. I do have to say I don't look forward to doing these treatments at all. It takes a long time and it's really boring. Hold, hold, hold. Move to next spot. Since you have to use both hands you can't surf or read at the same time and I don't watch TV.

Kassy- I am using quite a few of the "skin foods" on your list already. I do still use my LightStim and do lymphatic drainage everyday. I do drink a lot of water regularly. Have started taking some mineral supplements but haven't noticed anything yet.

I don't steam my face at all. Maybe I can try that. I don't use the BI machine more then twice a week and always leave at least 3 days between treatments. Lately I have been doing a treatment every week or so.

I am still trying to make time to go and see Christine Byer for a personal training session. I did get quite a bit out of the 5 or 6 videos I bought from her online. They are more in depth then the free ones she has on YouTube. Overall I do think I have a good understanding on how to use the machine to get results but I would love to continue to learn.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like you are really giving it the old college try Cook..

That would be wonderful to get a treatment from Christine. I love her videos on you tube. Thanks for the heads up on the ones she has for sale. Maybe I'll get a couple when I (ever) get back to my routine.

Give a try to the "steaming", or even a nice damp/hot towel on your face and neck for a few minutes. Whatever gets that oxygen rich blood flowing is a good thing. Even a few good slaps in the face if all else fails... Laughing

Good luck! My fingers and toes are crossed for ya.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Cookie, try NPR.

Then you might look forward to your time with BI.
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
That is disappointing Cookie. I believe that this modality has been overhyped a bit of late as far as to what people can truly expect results wise from it. I know you were going in realistically though. I just wonder what people expect when they hear things such as increased ATP. There are other devices that do this too (ultrasound). It seems to be the big deal right now, and we know it provides energy for our cells, but, what has that got to do with lifting? I think more appropriate expectations for a good microcurrent machine would probably be a freshened complexion, some lymph drainage, increased skin health perhaps. Given how intricate the underlay and overlay of muscle groups, and all the issues we see even with simple facial exercises, it really is difficult to believe that lifting and holding in the direction you want your face muscles to to go will eventually stick them there (just kidding, but that kind of sounds like the gist of some of these devices).

The other thing that also bothers me about all the hype of MC lately, is the very fact that it has been around so long. Surely if it was working so well in the 70s, everyone would have one by now? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And there is precious little new data to back up the claims.

I welcome the availability of devices for home use, but I also think it is in our interest to explore them with questioning minds. What we rave about will have others buying. This was a big investment for you Cookie, especially all the time learning how to treat yourself. I truly value that you have shared this information. Others will come and say 'it only works for some people', and that it just didn't work for you. Then it makes me wonder why there is so little evidence of microcurrents 'lifting' abilities (except under its new marketing name obviously developed in the beauty industry of being the 'facelift'). I still await good proof that it does so. More than something anecdotal, or from the early excitement of first getting something.

Even I (I'm embarrassed to say) have thought a new 'toy' was working wonders on me within the first few weeks of ownership, before I tired of it because it wasn't really working as well as I thought, or at all. That's why I try not to get caught up in new threads where the excited claims come in. I know people aren't lying. Even I totally believed when I was raving about something at the time. A few months later is when its a better time to see if people are still feeling good about it.

I hope you find something that works for you with your machine, either using it for special occasions, or enjoying it for the benefits it does give when you do feel like it, or selling it because it just makes you feel guilty sitting there Smile
Alara

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all - I have a gently-used Acutron Mentor for sale - all original attachments and manuals as well as a case and text book by Darren Starwynn included. I have been using it mostly for myself for facial rejuvenation and the machine has so many capabilities I'm not using it for! I especially love the coloured light. I love the machine but have decided to let it go. If you or anyone you know might be interested in this sweet machine - let me know here and I can forward you my email and phone number. Cheers!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have given up on microcurrent. I just didn't see anything other then temporary results. I have a professional Beautiful Image machine if someone is interested in purchasing it please feel free to PM me. Thanks

5% products discount

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I've been reading through this thread and others about microcurrent with interest, because I too, am looking for a little lift. Confused

Thank you, Cookie for your honest review - I'm really sorry it didn't work out.
Alara

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again All

What a great forum - I'm glad I found it. Micro-current does work - and it's like anything else - you should keep using it for best results. I have been using micro-current for about 5 years now - and will continue to use microcurrent probably forever! The aging on my face has all but stopped.
There is a secret I've found to micro-current and as an Energy healer I'm going to share it with you. First of all - many machines out there aren't really micro-current - either they're set too high or they use the wrong types of wave form. I've tried others where there was too much jumping in the muscles and I actually felt fatigued afterwards!
Second - micro-current is an energy medicine - above all else - so it's in the Vibrational medicine spectrum. Read Richard Websters book "Vibrational Medicine" That is why it's been around so long and will continue as the application possibilities are vast. SO - the catch is you need to connect with the energy for it to work better - if you are thinking it's like some other esthetics machine where you just mindlessly do your facial with none of your own thoughts or intention involved - that is not micro-current. The energy responds to what you impart into it - so the practitioner needs to stay present the whole time. To some of you this may sound "whoo-whoo" but everything is energy after-all - and micro-current is very "aware" if you will - such as if you were doing Reiki, or using colour, or using homeopathics, etc. It's in the vibrational field and I would think that to get the most benefit out of micro-current you need to tune into it and "tell" it what you want. I do know the people who don't get less results.
Micro-current is amazing for healing scars and acne and rosacea. If you are using the right machine you shouldn't feel hardly ANYTHING when having a session. The thing about micro-current is it does add life to the cells - you can use other machines to get a more noticeable lift in the short-term, but consider your body and cells simply need the right energy to stay youthful - not to be bulldozed!
I know most people don't realize the missing link for using micro-current. We were taught this specifically with Dr. Starwynn - and he told a story of how at one spa - the gal doing a woman's treatments became uninterested in her job and so the client's results dropped - then they got a new gal in there who understood the nature of what she was working with and the client's results came back.
I will get a new machine with less bells and whistles than the beauty I have now - but I will do my research to check for waveforms, hertz and micro-amp availability in the settings of a new machine. The best thing to do when working with micro-current is to take training from people outside the esthetics field ( unless they are also holistically - minded ) so that you understand fully what it is you are working with. Micro-current is not a quick fix ( but it is pretty quick! my clients notice results immediately! ) But as I said, I've been using it for a while and there is virtually no further aging happening on my face. The rest comes from good nutrition and face exercises. You can't treat your body like crap, smoke, drink excessive alcohol, eat all the wrong foods and expect it to have lasting results. Micro-current is best used with a clean lifestyle and good anti-aging nutrition. I really think as people become more aware of vibrational medicine and all it's applications, micro-current will get more popular. That's my two bits folks..... as you were Smile Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Amen to all that you said Alara ~ I can so tell the difference in my face when I eat poorly (fall off the good eating wagon) or don't drink enough alkaline water, etc. I love microcurrent and over time the results for me personally have gotten better and better. So I assume then that you own the beautiful image machine? Thanks and welcome to the forum!!! wave Best, aprile
Alara

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile Smile
I currently am using the VB1000, also known as the the Acutron Mentor. I am looking to sell it now and get a different machine that is not such a "medical grade " machine as this one - I have my eye on a machine with less bells and whistles - but will miss the coloured light side of the VB 1000. Luckily I have a hand held colour device that can also be used during my treatments so I can still incorporate colour into the sessions. Green is a color everyone can use more of - and red is excellent for healing acne scars etc.... Smile Again - if anyone comes across someone liking to purchase - send them my way! Smile Sad
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes what Alara says is true. That's why a good understanding of facial anatomy helps with Microcurrent. I've been doing energy work (BodyTalk) since 2003 and maybe that's why I get great results on me and my clients. I visualize the muscles I'm working on while I work on them and see them where/how I want them to be. That being said, looking at a good facial anatomy pic while doing Microcurrent could do the same thing. Always a great idea if you are a Microcurrent newbie. Make sure it's a cute face, a young one and a woman if you are a woman and a man if you are male. Lol. Do a Google image search for facial muscles" and you'll see the one I use a lot in trainings.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
luna0000

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Thank you Toby and Keliu and others for being so helpful.

I've watched Cristinebyer videos on YouTube, if she reviewed NuFace I didn't find it. I'm beginning to lean towards NuFace since I expect Nanci's machine to be pricey. My daughter is willing to wait the 2.5 months it will take Nanci.

BTW I've almost convinced her to join EDS
luna0000

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I would like to purchase a micro current machine for both face and body (if possible in a cheaper price range). Can you recommend? I have read some posts from Christine Beyer stating that nuface and nuskin would not be as effective because they don't have the prongs. Additionally, I am concerned about their lifespan if I use it on my face and body.

So, I would like to buy something that would last longer.

I really appreciate your input!

Thanks!
luna
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |