Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beautiful Image micro current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Yams
5% products discount

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh btw, the device Keliu Posted it's called Miracle Biowave
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Here is another one. Much cheaper:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140604976199?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Take a look at this! The machine I'm lusting after on Ebay is for sale here for $1,200.00!!!

http://essentialmedtools.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=846

Buyer beware!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! Keliu! that's quite a difference in price...
Did you look at the link I posted for another ebay listing? Much cheaper and if 'microcurrent is microcurrent' why not buy that one? It's got probes and gloves. I didn't find any reviews on it though.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
They don't post to Australia.

At the moment I'm just having fun looking at what's available. It would probably be a good idea to just wait and see what NCN comes up with - but patience isn't exactly my virtue. When I want something, I want it NOW!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a video demo and the machine being used is the Miracle Biowave.

http://www.cosmeticsurgeonsinmelbourne.com.au/face-liftmicro-current-facelift/

Not sure where the LandRover fits in!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Here is a video demo and the machine being used is the Miracle Biowave.

http://www.cosmeticsurgeonsinmelbourne.com.au/face-liftmicro-current-facelift/

Not sure where the LandRover fits in!

Was it just me, or did Joan sound like a man? And the barking dog was a nice touch, lol.

Did you notice in the comments that they mentioned that BT made a home unit?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
If micro current device can make a facelift, is it a permanent one?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:00 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
If micro current device can make a facelift, is it a permanent one?

No, the effects are accumulative, you need 10-12 treatments, ideally 2 a week, as a course, with a top-up once a month to maintain the results.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi PQ,

Thx for your reply!

It still sounds good; I need to stop my cheek from sagging Sad
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:27 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi PQ,

Thx for your reply!

It still sounds good; I need to stop my cheek from sagging Sad

Check out Christine's videos - they will inspire you to either get a machine or get a course of treatments.

http://www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Christine - I note in your videos that you use the body probes and not the face probes with the cotton buds. Is there a particular reason for that?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:38 am      Reply with quote
This is an interesting read..

http://www.bio-therapeutic.com/about_microcurrent.htm

5% products discount

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:56 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Keliu wrote:
That would be a good idea - but I don't think they will plug into my machine. My machine only has one outlet for the prongs - plus the outlet is actually broken and I have the current set of prongs taped up to it. If I pull out the prongs, the connection thingy falls inside the machine (in other words it's pretty stuffed!)

Now I'm lusting after this unit - it has the gloves and the prongs and packs away neatly.

Keliu,

I would ask the supplier what the waveform output is, as it must be a square wave, and what is the output in microamps, must be within the range of 160 - 500 maximum.

PQ

Hi,

About the biowave, i asked the seller what waveform it used... She didn't know what i meant and she thought i was talking about the handpieces!
Also, the biowave works on 50MHz... Isn't that strange? Every microcurrentdevice i know just works on Hz...(1 megahertz = 1 000 000 hertz) Isn't that way too high?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Yams wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Keliu wrote:
That would be a good idea - but I don't think they will plug into my machine. My machine only has one outlet for the prongs - plus the outlet is actually broken and I have the current set of prongs taped up to it. If I pull out the prongs, the connection thingy falls inside the machine (in other words it's pretty stuffed!)

Now I'm lusting after this unit - it has the gloves and the prongs and packs away neatly.

Keliu,

I would ask the supplier what the waveform output is, as it must be a square wave, and what is the output in microamps, must be within the range of 160 - 500 maximum.

PQ

Hi,

About the biowave, i asked the seller what waveform it used... She didn't know what i meant and she thought i was talking about the handpieces!
Also, the biowave works on 50MHz... Isn't that strange? Every microcurrentdevice i know just works on Hz...(1 megahertz = 1 000 000 hertz) Isn't that way too high?

The 50Hz refers to the main frequency, 50Hz in europe and 60Hz in the USA.

The microcurrent frequency for lifting should range from 0.8hz down to 0.3Hz for deep lifting.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Christine - I note in your videos that you use the body probes and not the face probes with the cotton buds. Is there a particular reason for that?

Keliu,
My machine came with smaller face probes but I favor the gloves over them. I never got the cute little ones you put the qtips in, I do like those. I use the wands in my videos because they make it easier for the viewer to see probe placement.

I have been looking around for other attachments. But getting them to connect to my machine can be difficult.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Christine, I watched your video where you discuss your preference of using gloves instead of probes. I suppose for most of us wanting to do MC at hone gloves may be easier to use.

I didn't find a video where you show us the technique of using gloves. Do you have one? I think watching you give a treatment with gloves would be very helpful.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am excited for NCN's microcurrent unit to come out. In my experience Nanci carefully tests her products and strives to create the vision she expects for herself and her customers. I'll wait for that one Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
@Keliu, the MC device you were lusting after is more economical from this seller but the probes don't show positive and negative
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICROCURRENT-FACE-LIFT-MACHINE-SALON-SKIN-TONING-BIO-New-beauty-device-TTAC-/261004071122?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3cc50e10d2
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up purchasing this, haven't received it yet - will report back after I've used it:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261027703379?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
WOW Keliu! I'm so excited for you. I haven't been able to make a decision. The more videos I watch the more undecided I get. Now I wonder about the probes having to be positive and negative and in most devices the probes are not color coded. I wish PQ would come back and explain this.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
WOW Keliu! I'm so excited for you. I haven't been able to make a decision. The more videos I watch the more undecided I get. Now I wonder about the probes having to be positive and negative and in most devices the probes are not color coded. I wish PQ would come back and explain this.

It is confusing knowing what to buy - and the sellers aren't exactly forthcoming with specifications, so it's a bit of a crap-shoot! I'm also confused about the positive and negative probes - my other machine doesn't identify them either.

I was going to wait to see what NCN comes up with - but then I have to pay allot of postage to Australia. At least with Ebay the postage is free. I'll let you know what the device is like after I've used it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu I thought it looked interesting too. I know you are a tough study (lol) so it will be interesting if you have anything to report.

Being in USA I'm waiting for NCN. ...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I can't seem to get an answer out of any of them either regarding microamps? I think a lot of them on ebay don't actually know!!

Looking forward to how your's works out Keliu. I am getting more and more confused Confused

Don't know which one to go for.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:

Polarity, negative and positive probes are only important when you are using a machine that has a direct current output (galvanic treatments) which is a current that flows in one direction only; when modulated as a wave, its amplitude is constant. When used as part of a skin rejuvenation treatment it is called galvanic current treatment. This current has distinct and important polarity and marked secondary chemical effects on the skin.

Disincrustation Treatment - using the - anode electrode, with the client holding the + cathode in their hand. This is used for deep cleansing of the skin, stimulation of sluggish skin with a build up of keratinised cells and oils.

Iontophoresis Treatment - using the + cathode electrode with the client holding the - anode in their hand. This is used for to push products into the skin, to hydrate and rebalance the skin after the disincrustation.

Contraindications - do not use galvanic current on skin/clients with rosacea, dermatitis and highly vascular conditions.

Microcurrent.

Microcurrent uses alternating current a current that periodically flows in opposite directions; its amplitude fluctuates as a square wave. You do not need to consider the polarity of your probes, as the polarity changes at each cycle of the wave.

PQ

Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |