Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
*REVIEW* Vita Liberata Phenomenal 2-3 Week Tan
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
VITA LIBERATA PHENOMENAL 2-3 WEEK TAN - MEDIUM

Before I begin my review, I'd better state that this is a bit of a work in progress as I am continuing to experiment with application techniques. So I shall be updating with further opinions at a later date.

This self-tan is causing a bit of a stir because of its claim to last between 2-3 weeks - which really would be phenomenal! I've been testing that out, but will begin with some basic information.

THE BLURB ON THE BACK OF THE BOX:
The world's first 2-3 week tan!
Long lasting colour - and a perfect fade, every time.

Using a special combination of natural nourishing extracts and the unique pHen02 technology, Vita Liberata has reinvented self tan, pHenomenal contains all the USPs of our other tanning products, but can last up to 10 times longer.

- No streaking & No smells
- 100% free from parabens, perfume and alcohol.
- Easy to apply.
- Unique Pentovitin moisture lock complex.
- 70% organic extracts that are kind to skin and produce a natural fade (eventually!)

INGREDIENTS:
Aloe Barbadensis (leaf) Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Saccharide Isomerate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) extract, Hammamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) extract, Fucus Vesicolosus (Bladderwrack) extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerine, Papaya Fruit extract, Citric acid, Punica (Pomegranate) Granatum extract, Rubus Ideaus (Raspberry) extract, Litchi Chinensis extract, Glycyrrhiza Globra (Liquorice) extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) extract, Gingko Biloba extract, Sodium Benzoate, Betain, Potassium Sorbate, Cl 17200, Cl 42090, Cl 19140, Cl 28440

Please note that my own skn type is very dry and very pale. I used the Medium-toned mousse for this review.

THE PACKAGING:
A smart-looking box contains a pump bottle of mousse. It's easy to dispense, but do be careful that the screw-on lid which contains the pump (rather than the pull-off top cap of the container) is screwed on tightly before shaking. During my second application, I found exactly what happens when you don't check this - bits of gunky brown mousse shake out everywhere!

Inside the box is a printed paper strip of instructions. I'd say that it's well worth reading this thoroughly before using. There are some great tips for self tanning on various body parts in general, but also some special hints for getting the best results from this particular product.

APPLICATION:
What you firstly need to know is that, in order to achieve a long-lasting results, the instructions recommend that you apply one coat, then rinse off thoroughly with warm water after 2-24 hours and repeat the process. On the website, it actually states that 3 applications are required for a tan which lasts up to 3 weeks. So don't be tricked into thinking that one simple coat will do the trick!

They also recommend that you exfoliate your skin thoroughly, but do not moisturise your skin within 24 hours of applying the product as this could affect tan development. You're also supposed to avoid "any shower products that contain lemon, salt, lavender, mineral oils, petroleum or essential oils as these will strip the tan from your skin."

A decent quality tanning mitt is recommended and I found that this does indeed work beautifully with the product, achieving a quick, easy and non-messy application. I used Saint-Tropez' version as I already had one handy.

You dispense 5-10ml of mousse at a time onto the mitt, which I guesstimated to be approximately one quick squirt of product. Then you close your fist so that the mousse is spread over the centre of the mitt and apply.

Despite the instructions, I worked a very thin layer of moisturiser carefully into my knee, ankle, inner wrist and elbow areas about 5 or 10 minutes before applying the tan. This seemed to work perfectly well for me and prevented the dreaded orange patches which can so often accumulate there if you're not careful. A quick wipe with the remaining residue on the mitt is sufficient for the backs of the hands.

The instructions state that it's a good idea to use a towel to lightly buff over problem areas (such as the knees, etc) after applications and I did this, too.

Do be aware that the product has a bit of a tint to it, which does help with ensuring an even application but which is likely to show on light coloured clothing. This is one of the reasons I self-tan before going to bed.

I waited around 15 minutes for the product to dry and then wore loose-fitting clothing for sleeping.

RESULT AFTER 1 APPLICATION:
When I awoke the next morning, I followed the instructions and thoroughly washed off any residue with warm water. I was left with a light, very natural-looking tan on most of my body - very probably too light for non-pale-skinned people. For me, this would be ideal for winter. However, I could hardly see any colour at all on my lower legs.

The colour after 1 application lasted approximately 7 days on me, which is excellent. It faded evenly, too.

RESULT AFTER 2 APPLICATIONS:
Next, I tried following an application with a second layer the next evening. This produced a medium tan on me - definitely noticeable, but still pretty natural and non-orangey. This time, my lower legs did colour quite well.

The colour after 2 applications lasted approximately 10 days on me. Again, I thought this was tremendous. It mostly faded evenly, although I noticed a little patchiness at the base of the front of my neck towards the end of this duration. It scrubbed away easily with a flannel and reverted to looking natural again.

RESULT AFTER 3 APPLICATIONS:
Finally, I tried 3 separate applications, following the instructions.

The colour was much more noticeable, although still very good on most of my body. Unfortunately, my lower legs were starting to take on an orange hue by the third application and a hint of slight streakiness, which was a bit disappointing.

Again, the duration was good and the tan lasted about 12 days - but certainly not living up to the 2-3 weeks touted on the packaging.

Fading was pretty even, with just a hint of patchiness towards the end.

OPINIONS THUS FAR:
This is a very pricey product, costing around £37 in the UK! If it had indeed lasted for 2-3 weeks, then I think the high price would be justified, but it does seem somewhat overpriced from my own experience with it.

Having said that, I found it much easier and quicker to apply, not to mention far longer lasting than any other self-tan product. For these reasons, I would (and actually have) re-purchase it. But I intend to stock up on it whenever it's on special offer, rather than pay the full price.

It doesn't fulfill my dream of being able to apply it before 2 weeks of holiday and not having to top up my self-tan whilst away. However, it would mean that I'd only need to do one re-application during the holiday, rather than the usual two, saving time and hassle.

Other benefits include the fact that it has hardly any horrible, giveaway fake tan smell and it mostly gives a lovely, natural colour.

I aim to perform a couple more tests on this product. Firstly, I've bought some Vita Liberata Skin Plumping Peptide Mist, which is supposed to help balance the skin's pH level, moisturise and prepare it for a better application. Secondly, I want to try the lighter coloured mousse in order to see whether I can use it to achieve a less orangey result on my lower legs after 3 applications.

In summary so far, this products is not perfect and doesn't entirely live up to its claims, but it's certainly the best I've yet tried.

I'll post back when I have results from using the other products mentioned above.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Majorb!!!
I will go and search for this product!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Thank you Majorb!!!

You're very welcome, Lotusesther. A great product, but best to be aware of its shortcomings.

Actually, I can't remember where you're based but Debenhams website in the UK has it at duty-free prices at the moment - just over £31. Can't see it any cheaper right now. Boots did have a very good special offer (around £24), which has now ended, alas.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:
Thank you Majorb!!!

You're very welcome, Lotusesther. A great product, but best to be aware of its shortcomings.

Actually, I can't remember where you're based but Debenhams website in the UK has it at duty-free prices at the moment - just over £31. Can't see it any cheaper right now. Boots did have a very good special offer (around £24), which has now ended, alas.

your grounded, now I need this too!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

Laughing You're a true fellow self-tan fanatic, Tiny!

Like I said in my review, this stuff has its faults, but it's by far the best I've tried so far. Better results, longer duration, easier and faster application. I just wish it wasn't incredibly expensive. Mind you, I'm sure that cheaper brands will be noting the big fuss about it and trying to develop their own versions, with any luck.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:08 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Laughing You're a true fellow self-tan fanatic, Tiny!

Like I said in my review, this stuff has its faults, but it's by far the best I've tried so far. Better results, longer duration, easier and faster application. I just wish it wasn't incredibly expensive. Mind you, I'm sure that cheaper brands will be noting the big fuss about it and trying to develop their own versions, with any luck.

You never tried the tart did you? Wish you could compare them. Confused
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

Don't tempt me! Laughing
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:32 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Don't tempt me! Laughing

nudge nudge nudge Anxious
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |