Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eighth day on Obagi, and the reactions from people.....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Well, day 8 and my skin is slightly sore (especially around the mouth...it hurts to eat.)

I normally wear make-up to work, but after day 7 my skin looked too scaly for this so I decided to forgo make-up for the total time I am on Obagi.

OH MY GOD! My colleagues asked if I was ill. One of my bosses said I looked terrible would I like to go home, and I keep getting odd looks from other members of staff. Has anyone else experienced this? Shock

After all of this, I don't care I am beginning to see good skin, and I am so excited! Very Happy
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
keep us posted!I have always wanted to do this but I am just chicken. Brick wall
sharisb

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah! I am on week 9. I still get very flaky. I try to try to hide a bit with hats. I have had some strange looks too; like maybe I had a skin disease. No way around it though!
sweetji830
5% products discount

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on day 12 and I'm really confused because not only did I stop peeling/flaking around day 9, now my skin is all oily!!!! I use blotting paper all day. What is happening to me?

The first week i was extremely red and flaky, now I'm not red at all and am oily. Is this normal?

I'm following the regimen perfectly, not skipping any steps... I'm using the normal/oily set. Any insights?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Great attitude, lifecoach! That is how I tried to look at the flaking!

sweetji830, you may be one of the lucky ones who does not flake/peel very much. The flaking/peeling usually happens in "cycles". Meaning not all the time, your skin will flake/peel, and then stop for a few days to a few weeks, and repeat.

You said you are using all the steps, but are you using the correct amounts?
sweetji830
5% products discount

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm using my pinky to measure half a gram for each product. I use blender+tretinoin (half a gram each) every other day. I'm kinda worried if the product isn't working well for me.. I feel really greasy especially after the morning regimen and I think I'm sorta breaking out here and there...I can also notice that I got more whiteheads on my cheek Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
You can do a few things. You can take the blender/RA up to nightly. That should start you flaking again in a few days. Or, you can up the RA to 1 gram with 1/2 gram blender. Are you using the exfoderm or exfoderm forte? Your breakouts are normal. Obagi is getting rid of the old, damaged skin in the first cycle (6-8 weeks). Are you rubbing the products in really well? And, before Obagi, what was your skin like, meaning oily, dry, etc.?
Sharklover
5% products discount

Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Stick with it girls! I have been using Obagi everyday for two years - The whole regimen.
Yes, the first two months was challenging. I was red, but never really peeled (every other day with the tretinoin) and my breakouts got worse before they got better.
Now my skin is healthy enough that I rarely ever need moisturizer (except around my eyes) and my skin tone has evened out.
I do occasionaly get microderms which also help.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I agree stick with it.....you will be happy with the end results. I have used Obagi over 2 years (now I am on maintenance) and could not be happier with my skin.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Well, the 1st 2 weeks, you will see some wrinkling of your skin. After that, comes the good part, GOOD SKIN! Smile Just give it time to renew your skin.... It will be worth the effort Smile

quote="lifecoach"]Well, day 8 and my skin is slightly sore (especially around the mouth...it hurts to eat.)

I normally wear make-up to work, but after day 7 my skin looked too scaly for this so I decided to forgo make-up for the total time I am on Obagi.

OH MY GOD! My colleagues asked if I was ill. One of my bosses said I looked terrible would I like to go home, and I keep getting odd looks from other members of staff. Has anyone else experienced this? Shock

After all of this, I don't care I am beginning to see good skin, and I am so excited! Very Happy[/quote]
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Stick to the regimen.... After a couple of weeks, you will see the results... and you will love your NEW skin....

sweetji830 wrote:
Yeah, I'm using my pinky to measure half a gram for each product. I use blender+tretinoin (half a gram each) every other day. I'm kinda worried if the product isn't working well for me.. I feel really greasy especially after the morning regimen and I think I'm sorta breaking out here and there...I can also notice that I got more whiteheads on my cheek Neutral
sweetji830
5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
You can do a few things. You can take the blender/RA up to nightly. That should start you flaking again in a few days. Or, you can up the RA to 1 gram with 1/2 gram blender. Are you using the exfoderm or exfoderm forte? Your breakouts are normal. Obagi is getting rid of the old, damaged skin in the first cycle (6-8 weeks). Are you rubbing the products in really well? And, before Obagi, what was your skin like, meaning oily, dry, etc.?

Thanks, rileygirl. I did take it up a notch and started using the blender/RA 2 days in a role. I'm trying to use it for 2 straight days, skip one day, use it for another 2 straight days, etc. I'm still not peeling like I did in my first week, though. During my first week I used the normal/dry kit. Then I bought the foaming cleanser and exfoderm forte b/c I have oily skin. So basically starting week 2, I'm on the normal/oily kit regimen. Maybe that's why I stopped peeling? But then, aren't those supposed to be stronger than the normal/dry kit ones and make my skin more dry? I don't get it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Don't give up, sweetji830. You will be amazed at your skin in 18 weeks! You may really just be one of the lucky ones that does not peel/flake very much. It doesn't mean the system is not working. I never peeled as much as a lot of people, mostly just got flaky around my mouth, but all of my hyperpigmentation was gone at the end of the 18 weeks. Once you can build up to RA/blender every night, you may get more dry/flaky, but maybe not. Really consider yourself lucky and just stick with it! Good luck! Very Happy
BrownBeauty123

Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Obagi for almost 3 weeks and I'm starting to flake around the mouth, the cheeks and the eyes...when is this flaking process going to end? it seemed like it was working all right and the acne on my forehead was clearing..now it seems to be getting a little worse. I really hate this whole process. When should I start to see results?
BrownBeauty123

Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
anybody can help me??
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:39 am      Reply with quote
You will be flaky for the entire 18 weeks. It is off and on. One week you will be very flaky, the next one hardly anything. That is the process. Go to the Obagi website and read up on the 3 cycles you will go through and the way your skin may react during those cycles.
dayzee

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am supposed to peel??
i almost returned the whole kit! i told her I hated the look of peeling skin. The scarred areas near my jawline look great though so I am tapering my use to every 3 days. Should I just let it peel? I need the makeup to cover the spots but the makeup enhances the peeling!! Confused
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
yes, you are supposed to peel/flake. You all need to check out the Obagi website and read up on the 3 cycles 1) out with the old, 2) in with the new, etc. so you all know what to expect with Obagi.
Desinda
5% products discount

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Go through the peeling phase!!!! If you stick with Obagi and do your regimen, you will have fantastic results by the time you reach week 12! Surprised
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
ok guys, i've been using obagi nu dem for 2 wks now and i havent started peeling yet. i've just experienced very slight redness and thats it. i'm beginning to think the products aren't working. any advice?? thanks guys.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
dm26, a few questions for you: are you using all the products, are you using the kit for oily skin, what strength Retin A are you using, and are you using the correct amount of products? 2 weeks is not a long time. Are you dry at all? 2 weeks is not a long time. All people are different and some are more affected by the Retin A than others.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
dm26, a few questions for you: are you using all the products, are you using the kit for oily skin, what strength Retin A are you using, and are you using the correct amount of products? 2 weeks is not a long time. Are you dry at all? 2 weeks is not a long time. All people are different and some are more affected by the Retin A than others.

hi rileygirl, i am using all the products for oily skin i.e gel cleanser, toner, clear, exfoderm, 1g blender mixed with 1g tretinoin .05%. i won't say i'm dry. havent been experiencing any dryness. my skin is actually normal...its not dry and its not oily. i know 2 weeks isnt long but i've read alot of reviews where people start peeling during their first week. is it true that if you're not peeling it means the products aren't working??
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the answers, dm26. I was exactly like you. I was not dry, felt like nothing was happening at all; no flakes or anything. Then probably around the 4-6 week mark it really kicked in and I started to become dry, and I would have flakes on my face, mostly around my mouth area, but a few other spots as well. My cheeks never did peel, get dry, etc. And, that is where my freckles are, on my cheeks. After about 3 months at least 90-95% of all my freckles were gone, and then during the last month on obagi, my freckles completely vanished.

No, it is not true that if you don't peel/flake, the product is not working. Everyone's skin is so different. A lot of it depends on the skin care you used prior to obagi. If one is used to using AHA's, retin a, etc, then they probably will not get too flaky. I would just say give it more time and see if you don't get dry and flaky, even a little. If not, then you may want to check with your doc about stepping up the retin A to the highest %. Good luck! Surprised
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks for the answers, dm26. I was exactly like you. I was not dry, felt like nothing was happening at all; no flakes or anything. Then probably around the 4-6 week mark it really kicked in and I started to become dry, and I would have flakes on my face, mostly around my mouth area, but a few other spots as well. My cheeks never did peel, get dry, etc. And, that is where my freckles are, on my cheeks. After about 3 months at least 90-95% of all my freckles were gone, and then during the last month on obagi, my freckles completely vanished.

No, it is not true that if you don't peel/flake, the product is not working. Everyone's skin is so different. A lot of it depends on the skin care you used prior to obagi. If one is used to using AHA's, retin a, etc, then they probably will not get too flaky. I would just say give it more time and see if you don't get dry and flaky, even a little. If not, then you may want to check with your doc about stepping up the retin A to the highest %. Good luck! Surprised

thanks for the replies rileygirl. u do have a point about it depending on if the person is used to using retin a. prior to my obagi regimen i had been using differin gel for about 9 months. i had been using the highest prescription strength. so maybe thats why i'm not dry and peeling. i would have much rather experience the peeling during the early stages of obagi rather than in the 2nd month. but we'll see how it goes. i hope i have the results u have had.
for about how long did u peel rileygirl??
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
dm26,

Obagi Action really helps on my peely days and even now that I am on my week 12. I just apply a little bit of Action especially around my mouth areas when I got home around 5 in the afternoon or you can mix Action with the Exforderm in the morning. So, when you wash your face, the peelies easily comes off with a microfibre face cloth.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |