Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Divine Derriere question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I read a while back that the bleaching product Divine Derriere was great for getting rid of hyper pigmentation so I ordered some for my face, hands, arms, and shoulders. I read their web site and the warnings of some of the ingredients (such as hydroquinone). So I emailed the company and they warned me not to use this product around pets. Well, geez, I have several dogs so how am I supposed to use this product?! I asked the company and they haven't given me any advice other than to not use it around pets. Does anyone here use this product or a similar bleaching product (like one of the Obagi bleaching products or what not) and have pets? If so, how do you use this product? It has been sitting in my fridge cause I have been too terrified to use it around my doggies. Any ideas? Thanks!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of not using around pets warning. I think if I could not use something around my pets, I wouldn't want it on me either.
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the reply e-mail I received from the company. The ingredients look great! I like the fact that this company donates proceeds to animal rescue. I am anxious to try this product since many members here have raved about it, but I don't know how to use it since I have dogs??:

Thank you again for your order! You had a few different questions, so I will answer them one at a time:

#1. There are some instructions printed on the label on your jar of Cream, but I have a more thorough set of instructions with which I can provide you now:

The Bleaching Cream is ONLY to be applied at night, just before bedtime. It is best to avoid any excessive physical activity while the Cream is on your skin, as doing so may cause some redness and/or irritation. The Cream should be rubbed LIGHTLY into your skin, but you should also do your best to get your skin to absorb it as well as you can, as long as doing so doesn't cause any irritation. Also, it is IMPERATIVE to COMPLETELY wash away any residual Cream in the morning that may not have totally absorbed into your skin during the night before going about your daily activities. Although the Cream is quite absorbent, and will permeate into your skin very well for the most part, it never absorbs completely, and you may experience some discomfort if even the smallest amount of the Cream is on your skin while you go about your daily activities. So please make sure that you are washing the treated area VERY WELL in the morning before you go about your day.

#2. As far as the other products which you are currently using, truthfully, it would be best if you discontinued your use of those products until your skin-lightening regimen is complete. However, if that is not an option, then I would recommend that you, at the very least, apply the Bleaching Cream before you apply the other products. Also, I wouldn't worry about any contraindications with the other products; however, if, for some reason you do experience any side effects from your use of the Bleaching Cream, please contact us right away, and we will do our best to diagnose the situation, and make whatever changes are necessary to make the adverse effects subside.

#3. As for using the Cream around your eyes, EVERY precaution must be taken to absolutely minimize ANY risk of the Cream actually getting into your eyes. We usually tell our customers to avoid the areas around their eyes entirely; however, we really don't have any control over where our customers apply our products, and, if you do choose to use the Cream on that area of your skin, please be EXTREMELY careful to not let even the slightest amount get into your eyes at all.

#4. Lastly, yes, the Cream can DEFINITELY make your dogs a little sick, and we, as animal lovers (our company donates countless hours and monetary contributions to animal charities all over the world, as our owner and his wife are HUGE animal lovers), would feel absolutely terrible if any of our products had any kind of adverse effect on an animal. So please take whatever precautions are necessary to ensure that your dogs do not have the ability to ingest even the smallest amount of the Cream.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Fairydogmother wrote:
Here is the reply e-mail I received from the company. The ingredients look great! I like the fact that this company donates proceeds to animal rescue. I am anxious to try this product since many members here have raved about it, but I don't know how to use it since I have dogs??:

#4. Lastly, yes, the Cream can DEFINITELY make your dogs a little sick, and we, as animal lovers (our company donates countless hours and monetary contributions to animal charities all over the world, as our owner and his wife are HUGE animal lovers), would feel absolutely terrible if any of our products had any kind of adverse effect on an animal. So please take whatever precautions are necessary to ensure that your dogs do not have the ability to ingest even the smallest amount of the Cream.[/i]

I think the key word here is INGEST. You would have to be careful if you put it on your hands for example if you dogs lick you there. Or if you dogs kiss/lick you on your face. Also if you used it on your hands and you pet your dogs and they lick their fur later. I would think from that email you can use it safely where you dogs are not able or don't lick/ingest the product. Only you know you dogs well enough to be able to judge if this situation is possible.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:09 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

I think the key word here is INGEST. You would have to be careful if you put it on your hands for example if you dogs lick you there. Or if you dogs kiss/lick you on your face. Also if you used it on your hands and you pet your dogs and they lick their fur later. I would think from that email you can use it safely where you dogs are not able or don't lick/ingest the product. Only you know you dogs well enough to be able to judge if this situation is possible.

Exactly. The ingredients wont make your dogs sick if they don't lick it off of you! Wash your hands after you use the product, and don't let your dogs lick your face. Simple as that. I used Obagi for years, have 2 dogs, and my dogs are alive and well.
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feed back! It just so happens I have adorable little affectionate kissy-face doggies, so that will be very difficult! LOL Tomorrow I will ask the RN who does my Botox what she suggests. I believe she uses Obagi. I use lots of other products on my face that my doggies kiss, but my main concern is the hydroquinone in the bleaching products. I bought food grade 12% hydrogen peroxide in an effort to fade the hyperpigmentation, but that hasn't worked.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Fairydogmother wrote:
Thanks for the feed back! It just so happens I have adorable little affectionate kissy-face doggies, so that will be very difficult! LOL Tomorrow I will ask the RN who does my Botox what she suggests. I believe she uses Obagi. I use lots of other products on my face that my doggies kiss, but my main concern is the hydroquinone in the bleaching products. I bought food grade 12% hydrogen peroxide in an effort to fade the hyperpigmentation, but that hasn't worked.

Hi Fairydogmother, Some people have had good results using different peels for hyperpigmentation(depending on how bad it is). This might be something you want to explore. Below is a link to a site that has information on different kind of peels and sells the products also but you need to do you research. Some of these can be strong and it doesn't happen overnight.
http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/catalog/At_Home_Chemical_Peels-10-1.html

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |