Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr Hauschka's Toned Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I recently revisited this old friend of a product and thought I'd post a quickee review. My skin is in pretty good shape and is responding well to the stuff I slather all over myself...laughing.
I'm always looking for a translucent, sheer replacement for foundation. I do use foundation from time to time - usually either one of the chantecaille ones or shu uemura - but I generally avoid them. I love the shu uemura base. For those not familiar with it, it comes in a can that resembles a mini hair mousse container. You shake it up, spray a ball of it into your hand, and it indeed comes out like mousse. A small amount goes a long way and it does a great job of evening out my skin, has a mattifying effect (which I love cause my skin tends to be oily) and it also has an spf 15 sunscreen. I use it in the summertime but I'm not quite as happy with the results during the winter months - especially with the dehydrating effects of baseboard heating...ugh ugh ugh.
Anyway - I wasn't in the mood to use foundation the other day, but I had an important meeting and didn't want to go in bare faced....lol. I was really just interested in some evening out of my skin so I grabbed the Dr H that has been languishing on my shelf. I've been using it every day since. Funny how you abandon something only to rediscover why you like it in the first place! A tiny bit goes a long way, it has a subtle but pleasant fragrance, and really made my skin look particularly lovely. It seems to add just that extra measure of suppleness that a stress filled schedule can rob you of. I can't think of a good way to describe the effect, but it sort of "plumped" my skin (a good reason why I'd never use it on mah butt...Smile). It also did a fine job of evening out my skintone, which is why I used it in the first place.
Ok kateee.... babble babble babble....
I'm done.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Toned Day Cream (30 ml / 1 oz)
Dr Hauschka Toned Day Cream (30 ml / 1 oz)

Warm, beige color is transparent on the skin
Offers soothing and gentle protection
Gives a natural, healthy glow
Blends and softens the appearance of skin irregularities

Replaced by {{17912}}.

abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
What is the name of the shu uemura foundation you are referring to? It sounds interesting.

Liz
Mabsy

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds nice Katee! I haven't tried this but will ask for a sample (I'm making a bit of a list today Smile). Have you tried the Dr H Bronzing Concentrate? I mix that in with moisturisers to make tinted ones - it's a fab product!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Oh Mabsy I soooo agree....

The Bronzing Concentrate is really great!! I even use it on my shoulders when I wear something bare in the wintertime... Very Happy
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE this cream. I don't know what I would do without it. I too use it as a 'foundation' on the weekends. It gives me just enough coverage and evening out that all I have to do is dust a little powder on top and I am good to go.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooops...

I had missed the question about which Shu uemura foundation I use....

Actually, the product I was referring to is the Shu Uemura UV Under Base DF. It really is just amazing stuff. It comes in a can that looks like a miniature version of hair mousse. You shake it and squirt out a small ball of stuff that looks like skin toned mousse. It is really fantastic - completely evens out your skin tone, provide sheer coverage, and has an SPF 17.

On the rare occasions that I really need a true foundation, I use the Shu uemura Nobara. The thing I like about it is that you have complete control over the kind of coverage you want....from sheer to full. But the Under Base really is a unique product that I recommend very highly.
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
the cream and the bronzer don't have any spf do they? Question
Mabsy

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
rosewater wrote:
the cream and the bronzer don't have any spf do they? Question

No, they don't. So it's either sunblock on top or mineral makeup/powder Smile
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:49 am      Reply with quote
alrighty! thanks for that.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
it works alright but i don't like the smell of it..
and the colour looks a bit weird too..at first i thought it was a tinted moisturizer
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:58 am      Reply with quote
To the poster above, It IS a tinted moisturiser. Read the review.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Laughing....

I'm glad you posted that Anna !
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Oh Mabsy I soooo agree....

The Bronzing Concentrate is really great!! I even use it on my shoulders when I wear something bare in the wintertime... Very Happy

I feel the same way. weird that no one posts a review for bronzing concentrate..
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
love the bronzing concentrate! Have used it off and on ..sighs as I say this ...20 years! It use to always be a staple in my bathroom, then I'd use nothing (don't like base) then back to it. Reminds me to go get more!

edited to add: for a good 20 odd yrs I used this entire line of products, all of them that I used were great (from masks to ampules), but I do find as I left my 30's there just not enough for anti aging! Between this line and weleda, in my 20's thru 30's they were wonderful and prob helped me not look 60 by now! The rose day cream is devine...the cream deju is great, ect...ect..ect..
Mabsy

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Katee - I was at Wholefoods the other day and managed to try the tester of the toned daycream. Me likely! Me now want to buyee! Brick wall

Anyway, nice texture, not too heavy, and a very nice tone for my fair skin. Also loved the smell of it. I'm sure I will buy this with my next EDS order.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for a perfect tinted moisturiser to replace my old MD Skincare. Thanks Katee for the review.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
if you have a favorite regular moisturizer, you can just mix in a dab of the bronzing concentrate. what's great is that you can also mix it in directly with your spf!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
if you have a favorite regular moisturizer, you can just mix in a dab of the bronzing concentrate. what's great is that you can also mix it in directly with your spf!

exactly how I use to use it...!!! even a wee bit of water tones it down some..for us super fair ladies
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |