Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Quasar Vs ReAura Vs Tripollar Stop RF Vs Nuface microcurrent
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
yassy
5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am so confused! I have a Quasar MD and am purchasing a NUFace Microcurrent device, which i read good things about. But now i am reading about the ReAura laser and Tripollar Stop, and it gets confusing. If the Tripollar stop is RF treatment and heats skin to stimulate collagen then isn't it the same kind of thing as the LED therapy? It's so nice to hear everyones results, and i hope i get some with the LED treatment along with the Microcurrent when it arrives. It's just hard to figure out which device is more effective. Does anyone who uses a few of these have any comparisons of what they can do for the skin or how they compare to each other? I know there are threads on each of these, but i want some comparisons of them all together, if anyone has them, would be helpful Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
yassy wrote:
I am so confused! I have a Quasar MD and am purchasing a NUFace Microcurrent device, which i read good things about. But now i am reading about the ReAura laser and Tripollar Stop, and it gets confusing. If the Tripollar stop is RF treatment and heats skin to stimulate collagen then isn't it the same kind of thing as the LED therapy? It's so nice to hear everyones results, and i hope i get some with the LED treatment along with the Microcurrent when it arrives. It's just hard to figure out which device is more effective. Does anyone who uses a few of these have any comparisons of what they can do for the skin or how they compare to each other? I know there are threads on each of these, but i want some comparisons of them all together, if anyone has them, would be helpful Smile

I understand how you could be confused. I have several of the devices and I will share what I see them do for my skin.
Tripollar Stop-smoothes out fine lines and tightens skin
LED_plumps skin and gives it a creamy look
Microcurrent Nuface or professional microcurrent machine-I have both and I see tightening sag from the muscles which in turn lifts the muscle and the skin along with it. It can plump skin and tighten pores.
I don’t have the fractional laser so I can’t comment on that.

If someone’s skin has sag, I think microcurrent is a good place to start. The Nuface is good but can’t fully address all the eye area and mouth area. A microcurrent machine with wand and glove attachments will address all of the face and neck. I have both and I still love to use my Nuface for five min. in the morning and the professional unit for a weekly, more comprehensive treatment. I do know many people that are totally satisfied with their Nuface. I think it depends on your age, and areas of concern as far as how comprehensive your microcurrent program needs to be.

I use all my devices and each has the capacity of stimulating and building collagen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,
What kind of professional microcurrent machine do you have? TIA doodles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I had a series of treatments with the beautiful image and loved the results. I live too far from the location to keep it up and I also wanted to do treatments on my thighs and stomach so I bought a beautiful image machine. A couple of friends went in with me so we are all reaping the benefits.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby, that information is very helpful! That beautiful image machine is pretty big.. Bet it works real well.. I am turning 35 in a month. Don't have fine lines yet, but i can see the lines around the nose to mouth getting a heavier maybe from a little sag in the cheeks area!? I have no idea if this is due to skin, or muscle sag. I so far havn't noticed much with the Quasar MD, but i know it takes time. As for the NuFace, i am very happy i ordered it, just got confused mostly reading the Tripollar Stop, as that sounds like it would be really good too. I guess i will be happy with my two gadgets (Quasar and NuFace, when it arives), for a while and possibly look into the tripollar-Stop in the future. Don't think i can buy myself anymore birthday gifts for now.. Next year! Thanks for your help Smile
Tim345

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,

How much did your Beautiful Image machine cost, and what model is it?

Also, how did you train yourself to perform treatments?

I'm currently using the Tua Trend with some good results, but I'm interested in getting a professional machine. So far I've bought Barbara Berger's microcurrent training program.

Thanks!
-Tim

P.S. I've been reading these boards for a while, but this is my very first post! Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Tim345 wrote:
Hi Toby,

I'm currently using the Tua Trend with some good results, but I'm interested in getting a professional machine. So far I've bought Barbara Berger's microcurrent training program.

Thanks!
-Tim

P.S. I've been reading these boards for a while, but this is my very first post! Smile

Congrats on your first post!!!
My machine came with an excellent training dvd....very detailed yet easy to follow. I will message you with more information. Very Happy

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using tripollar for a month now, I am very happy with the product. It is a great product. It really deliver what it promised.
hussar01
5% products discount

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby

May I ask if you would also help me out with how to use a microcurrent please? I've got the tua trend but have read how inaccurate use can increase facial asymmetry

hussar01

Toby wrote:
Tim345 wrote:
Hi Toby,

Thanks!
-Tim

Congrats on your first post!!!
My machine came with an excellent training dvd....very detailed yet easy to follow. I will message you with more information. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
hussar01,
I really love microcurrent and have taken some courses in it. I started with the Tua Viso but after exploring the world of microcurrent and embarking on some professional treatments I bought a professional machine. It doesn't create strong current to stimulate a muscle to flex it, it has a lower current that is suppose to be similar to natural body's electric pluse. Anyway the approach is very different than what the Tua Trend or Tua Viso principal is set on. I also have a nuface that I use for quick daily touch ups. There are other members here that use the Tua Trend that might be able to offer suggestions that will help you use your device correctly, the approach with the lower current machines is very different.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
hussar01,

Here are some youtube links that show how to correctly use the Tua Trend. The first is the instructional DVD. The other links are Tina Richards (the biggest expert on this device) showing how to work each section of your face. Enjoy!

DVD:
Ok, it's not letting me post any of these links since I'm still a new member. I can send you a private message with the links though. For the instructional DVD on youtube, do a youtube search for "TUA TRE'ND FACE." That's the exact name of the video

Then, for the Tina Richards videos, do a youtube search for "TINA RICHARDS TUA TREND."

P.S. Hussar01, I have the Tua Trend and it works pretty well, better than most home devices at least. However, when you're ready to move to the next level, you might try to find a professional in your area who offers "Beautiful Image Microcurrent," and get the full series of ten treatments. I just got home from treatment #5, and I'm already amazed at the results. I also like how the maintenance is just once a month after the initial 10 weekly treatments. Tua Trend was too much work for me to try to use it everyday for three months, and then three times a week indefinitely for maintenance. The professional "Beautiful Image" Microcurrent machine (a $7,000 machine) will give much longer-lasting results. I still use my Tua Trend for quick touch ups at home though! Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Okay Toby. I am looking for something to firm up the lower part of my face that also has some slight "orange peel" texture/pores and fine lines left over from when my Fraxel experience went bad.
I have the Baby Q, a derma roller and vaculift but I only remember to use the Baby Q about once a week, the others about once a month.
Out of all of the gadgets Yassy mentioned, what do you recommend that would also be a reasonable investment/return for my situation? I trust your opinion and appreciate your input!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:36 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Okay Toby. I am looking for something to firm up the lower part of my face that also has some slight "orange peel" texture/pores and fine lines left over from when my Fraxel experience went bad.
I have the Baby Q, a derma roller and vaculift but I only remember to use the Baby Q about once a week, the others about once a month.
Out of all of the gadgets Yassy mentioned, what do you recommend that would also be a reasonable investment/return for my situation? I trust your opinion and appreciate your input!!

My first post on this thread was before I got my Tria Laser so I now have that additional tool in my skincare bag and I love it. It has been the best thing I have used for addressing the texture of the skin. The LED lights are good for giving a creamy complexion but to do deeper work the laser is better. As far as sag, microcurrent is my choice now. I still like the nuface for daily use and I weekly use my professional beautiful image. I think Nanci at ncnproskin will have a microcurrent machine out by Christmas that will be really good.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:38 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR,

If you are having trouble getting yourself to use your Baby Quasar a few times a week, you might consider the Quasar MD, which has a bigger head, is three times as strong, and only has to be used once a week.

I've had mine for just over two months, and I'm loving it so far. Like you, I would never have time to use it several times a week!

-Tim
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Tim345-
Ha, Thanks but I did have the full Size Quasar! Got to try it out on a trial basis by the company when it first came out. It was too hot for my skin so we went back to the Baby Q which I have had and used faithfully since the beginning of time. It/LED just does not have the capability to do what I am needing now, even back when I was using it every other day.
I want to add something else to the regime but want to figure out which might be best.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
hello Toby,

Can you please tell me if you feel anything with the beautyful image, or nothing at all. Because i have a microcurent, i just don't no how high it must be.

thanks
cherry
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Chery,
From the courses I have taken and talking with estys you aren't suppose to feel the current. Beautiful Image has three levels of micramps and the highest you can feel the current a little.....nothing like a tens machine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Chery,
From the courses I have taken and talking with estys you aren't suppose to feel the current. Beautiful Image has three levels of microamps and the highest you can feel the current a little.....nothing like a tens machine.

Had to edit..the word microamps.
Maybe Christine Byer and/or Photoqueen can add some thoughts on this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Toby's right. True microcurrent can barely be felt except for areas of thin skin (forehead, eyes). A tens unit it way more powerful than microcurrent. This is not good (I know everyone thinks that more power is better, but with microcurrent that is not the case.) Muscle to muscle communication is best at 500 microamps or less.

Christine Byer
Master Esthetician

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
hello Toby,

Can you please tell me if you feel anything with the beautyful image, or nothing at all. Because i have a microcurent, i just don't no how high it must be.

thanks
cherry

cherry, you shouldn't feel anything with microcurrent, but you might feel or see evidence there is current going across the probes, especially around the eye and forehead area, but normally there should be no sensation or muscle contraction.

Tens is not microcurrent.

PQ

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |