Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I got a trial size of this after Mabsy had recommended it to several people. This is lovely! Better than La Mer. I love the scent though I think it could be a bit much for some people - you either like rose or not I guess! I think it'd be too rich for me in the summer but in my current winter parched state, my skin is loving it. Have ordered the daily face sample kit to see if the rest of the products are as good. Smile

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream (30 ml)
Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream (30 ml)

A skin care classic, and the centrepiece of the Dr. Hauschka range, Rose Day Cream captures the strength and softness of the rose to nourish and protect normal, dry and sensitive skin.

Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hope you like it Smile
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Cindi,
Me too - I love the rose cream so far, it seems really effective but the smell makes it nice and indulgent to use too. I love MD Forte but although its really effective it's not what you'd call pampering to use! Also as my skin has settled down I'd like to see if I can drop the frequency of my use of the Forte range as I'd like to use a more natural range but so far have never found one that works! Fingers crossed for the Hauschka range.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm really glad you like this Lucia! I also prefer this to the La Mer and it seems to have the same effect on my skin when it's looking dull. Unfortunately I can't use this all the time as I have normal skin and it's a bit too moisturising for me to use on a regular basis. I do have an "emergency" tube on hand though Smile
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
i find it is good for topical dryness - around my nose when i have a cold and that sort of thing - but i couldn't use it every day, with my normal, slightly oily skin i'd be a grease-spot in 1 second!

Kiwigirl.
jcp
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have fairly dry, yet acne prone skin, and I found this too moisturizing for me at home. However, I recently went to Switzerland for a few weeks, and really loved the extra moisture there, so I will likely keep some on hand for any trips to less hellish regions of the world (I live in Houston). Laughing
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I went through a couple tubes of this cream several years ago. Like some others here, I have combo skin and it was too rich for daily use and never fully sunk in. I like my skin to feel silky and soft, not sticky and greasy. Also this product has a short shelf life, and as it ages the formula separates. Not good, for someone like me who uses it on occassion. In fact, I recently excavated it from my sample box after you all started talking about it, and I got a load of peanut oil in my palm (which was a special treat for my rough knees and elbows!).

Despite all that, I think it's a fine product for any one with extra-dry skin desiring a natural moisturizer that is moderately-priced. Also I might add, Dr. Hauschka's Tube Wringer is worth the pennies as it eases fustration and will ensure you get the most out of the metal tube.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi KAT, it is very rich, I'm pretty sure it's going to be too much for me in the summer but its doing wonders for my winter outdoor/office aircon skin. I must admit my skin must need it - it sinks in completely leaving my skin smooth and perfect for make up application, not oily or greasy. (Bit scary as I'm normally combination - amazingly it's not made me break out!!).
I'm going to stick to the sample sizes though based on the shelf life thing, I'm hoping I'll only have to use it as a 'fix it'product so won't get a big tube for now. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I got my husband hooked on this. If you can't beat them join them, right? Now, my husband can't fuss about the cost of my products since he is using dr. H!!! Bad Grin
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I heard about the Dr H rose cream on this forum and I've been hooked since October. Thanks everyone! I notice when I stop using it, my skin doesn't look as good. I use it almost daily but it is great for winter skin protection too. Smile
Collette
5% products discount

Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have been thinking about adding rose cream to my next order.k.a.t you mentioned a short shelf life- how long was it before it began to seperate?
Ta
Collette
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the $20 trial set for dry skin (I have combo skin), but it has the rose cream in it. I used it as an eye cream, as Mabsy mentioned it somewhere. Absolutely amazing as an eye moisturizer Thx !

D

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
How do u get free samples>

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Collette,

I did not experience much separation when I used this product on a daily basis, and I always mixed it well in my hands before application.

Now, I use this so infrequently that I forgot I had some left, and I don't know how long ago it actually separated. The expiration date on the end of tube reads 02/04, so it's definitely past it's prime, and not merely the result of an unstable product.

I think it is safe to assume that it will last up to the expiration date on the end. You should have no problem with products purchased from EDS, but I would be wary when purchasing from low-volume stores. Also if you only plan on using on occassion, the trial sizes do go a long way.
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of the Rose Day Cream for the first time last night (yes I know it says day cream Wink ). I have oily/dehydrated skin. It felt very rich putting it on but within 5 mins my skin just drank it! It was all gone Very Happy My skin feels nice and soft today.
cindyadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've read so many great reviews on this, i finally am going to try. I ordered it over the weekend...
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I would love so much to be able to use this, but alas, my skin is too oily. I do have a tube that I use on my throat....just because I love the scent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to give this a go - I keep hearing it being compared to LaMer - which just astounds me! I really like LaMer but not quite enough to keep buying it...the Rose Cream sounds like an extraordinarily economical alternative!
Pudoodles
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mine arrived yesterday. I put it on this morning and at first thought it looked really greasy but it did sink in quickly and I put sunblock over it. I've never tried La Mer so I can't compare.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished my first trial of rose and quince day creams. Most of people feel the rose one is too heavy and I agree with them. So I use Quince for the day and Rose for the night, although they are both called day creams. In such a way I like both of them very much. I'll definitely buy more of these creams.
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I too use the Quince cream in the daytime and the Rose in the night, contrary to the Dr. H philosophy which is to not use creams at night in order for the skin to rebalance. But I tried this a few nights and my skin was parched, so I went back to using creams at night!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I received a sample of this from a friend & I have only used it twice, but I can honestly say I love it! Very Happy My skin has a lovely healthy glow & it feels so soft & smooth. Plus the redness in my cheecks is already starting to disappear! Shock I intially thought it might be a bit too rich for my skin, but it's perfect. Smile I also really like the scent too.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I liked this one. I preferred it to Jurlique products. I did find the Rose Cream very rich and personally don't think it would be suitable for combination/oily skin. When I used it my skin was normal/dry and I found this cream very soothing and nourishing now thanks to hormonal changes I don't think I could use this cream and get away with it as my skin is now breakout prone.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Rose Day Cream a few years ago after constantly seeing it mentioned in magazines, unfortunately as mentioned it's not that great for those with oily/combination skin and it does seem to leave a very shiny finish. Though i'm sure for those with dry skin it would be perfect. It does have a gorgeous smell and is great for any dry/excema patches but I ended up using the cream on my hands as it just wasn't suitable for my skin type.
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
This product saved my skin a few years ago and I have been using it on and off, mostly on, ever since. I had a strange reaction to some very overpriced Chanel products, my forehead got bright red and my skin almost overnight became super sensitive. I tried all products I had been using, nothing worked for me anymore until I found this. I have been devoted ever since and will always keep a tube on hand. Recently I have been dealing with alot of clogged pores and so I am taking a break from this beautiful cream and searching for something else but I am sure I will return, I alway do.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |