Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
:: Review :: Osea's Algae Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello EDS!

Its been a while since I've written a review, so here it goes.... I'm obsessed with Osea's Undaria Algae Oil. As many of you know, I've been a huge fan of Osea for decades and I owe my dewy unlined skin largely to my dedication to the brand (supplemented here and there with other great brands, too!). I started out with the cleansers when I was young, worked in the treatment creams and oils, and now have been loving all their body care.

The algae oil is technically for the body, but I also use it for the face. I love that you can buy a very large quantity of it and it is so multi-functional. I use it as a treatment body moisturizer, a bath oil, a massage oil, and a face oil. It takes off my eye makeup like a charm, and hydrates my skin better than any other product in my current arsenal. A couple of drops mixed in with the Advanced Protection Cream extends the cream's life and gives my skin more of a sheen. My skin craves this product, but I realize now while writing about it that my senses crave it, too--it feels and smells... divine. I can't really describe the scent that well--it smells almost like a sweet grapefruit with sea salt mixed in, but the overall note is freshly herbal. It;s distinctive, but not cloying. I've never used it near or on anyone who hasn't remarked how delicious it smells. Best of all it dries completely fragrance free, so it's great for massage.

For my face especially, here's what I've noticed:
-It softens my lines, definitely around the eyes
-It makes for a lovely night treatment, leaving my skin dewy and clear in the morning
-It seems to calm my skin--my little spider veins are lessening with continued treatment
--And finally, I also bought the little rollerball Osea has of argan oil (which is mixed in the algae oil base) and found that it clogged my pores slightly, so I prefer the algae oil to be superior, at least for my skin!

I have also taken to buying it for all my friends' bdays, and sent it to a friend of mine who couldn't live without it after using mine. It receives my ringing, shining, 100% positive endorsement.
Basically the algae oil does exactly what I was hoping avocado oil would for my skin--unfortunately, I'm one of the unlucky ones who is mildly allergic to avocado. Sad

--avalange

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/osea-undaria-algae-oil-p_13172.htm

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I bought some after you mentioned it in the past. I guess I had better start using it more since with your awesome skin, you should be a model/spokesperson for the brand!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

Excellent! Please tell us what your experience is with it when you use it more frequently. I don't think people think it can be used on the facial skin, because it looks like a body oil.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I have to try it. I just recently stumbled across their Sea Vitamin Boost and love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Avalange, have you used their Undaria Argan oil? If so, could you compare the consistency of both of the oils? I am using and loving the Osea APC. It really helps my eczema, too, which is a great bonus.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:17 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl,

Yes, I have it, but I prefer the algae oil for the same purpose. I thought I'd use the argan oil on my face and the algae oil on my body, but I actually like the algae oil for my face even better. I think the argan oil breaks me out a little, which is strange, because NOTHING by Osea has ever clogged my skin in any way. Strange that as we age our skin can get more and more reactive. I have mild rosacea and now perhaps a bit of hormonal acne on my chin. If your skin likes argan, then I'd say go for it, but you literally get like 5000% of the volume of the oil without argan in the algae oil bottle.

I forgot to add that when I travel now, I take a tiny bottle of algae oil with me for face, makeup removal, AND body moisturizing. It's such an awesome can-do product!

--avalange

ps hope that wasn't too rambling.

rileygirl wrote:
Avalange, have you used their Undaria Argan oil? If so, could you compare the consistency of both of the oils? I am using and loving the Osea APC. It really helps my eczema, too, which is a great bonus.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Avalange. Is the Algae oil lighter feeling than the Argan oil? I do like the Argan oil (got in the sample kit), but I think I will try a small size of the Algae oil when I order the full size APC!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think the algae oil is a TAD lighter. But it may just be the roller ball versus the pump, which forces me to move it around on my hand a bit before applying it to my skin. There's not such a marked difference between them I can see. You will be surprised when you get the algae oil, you may not even be able to tell the difference.

--avalange

rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, Avalange. Is the Algae oil lighter feeling than the Argan oil? I do like the Argan oil (got in the sample kit), but I think I will try a small size of the Algae oil when I order the full size APC!

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I think the algae oil is a TAD lighter. But it may just be the roller ball versus the pump, which forces me to move it around on my hand a bit before applying it to my skin. There's not such a marked difference between them I can see. You will be surprised when you get the algae oil, you may not even be able to tell the difference.

--avalange

rileygirl wrote:

Riley, I'll send you some algae oil when I get back in town...I just need to find more containers, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Riley, I'll send you some algae oil when I get back in town...I just need to find more containers, lol.

Thank you!

Thanks for the comparison, Avalange!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, you are my hero...

--avalange

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, you should google Jenefer Palmer, the owner of the company. She's her own best spokesperson; talk about someone who is aging naturally and gracefully!

By the way I don't know her age, I only met her a couple of times at the Osea launch at Fred Segal--way back in 1996. I started using the products then, which consisted of a couple of facial oils and cleansers. She was gorgeous then, and I just googled her and she still is! I'm so thankful for my lifetime discount at FS, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to try out all the ensuing products.

--avalange

bethany wrote:
I bought some after you mentioned it in the past. I guess I had better start using it more since with your awesome skin, you should be a model/spokesperson for the brand!!

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Thinking of giving it a try. Does anyone know of any coupon codes for them, free shipping, etc.?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange - You give the best reviews. I bought the travel kit of OSEA because of your love of OSEA and fell hard for the APC. I only let myself use it when I went on vacation which was fortunately quite a bit this summer I found it to be a superior treatment product -and the smell, feel is divine.
I'm older than you by quite a bit and have been blessed with reasonably nice skin (downright durable really!) - especially since I treated it with benign neglect until I was almost 50 - amazed that it survived. Anyway - the moral is I love APC and have it on my "must buy" list here at EDS for when I use up the KH I have (which I also love).
I will be checking out the algae at the same time. Such a plus that it can be used as a multi-treatment product. I'm so into that type of thought process. Anyway thanks Ava. ~~Sis

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
You are so SWEET, sister sweets!
Thanks for the compliments. I give the best reviews when I'm procrastinating...
I just like to review things I feel passionately about, and I love that I can invest all my passion and faith in a skincare line for decades. Time really tells; I'm so grateful that Osea exists and that I discovered it while I was young.

You won't be disappointed by the algae oil, I promise. But the APC is truly a standout product, the likes of which I've never experienced. There's nothing like it.

--avalange

sister sweets wrote:
Avalange - You give the best reviews. I bought the travel kit of OSEA because of your love of OSEA and fell hard for the APC. I only let myself use it when I went on vacation which was fortunately quite a bit this summer I found it to be a superior treatment product -and the smell, feel is divine.
I'm older than you by quite a bit and have been blessed with reasonably nice skin (downright durable really!) - especially since I treated it with benign neglect until I was almost 50 - amazed that it survived. Anyway - the moral is I love APC and have it on my "must buy" list here at EDS for when I use up the KH I have (which I also love).
I will be checking out the algae at the same time. Such a plus that it can be used as a multi-treatment product. I'm so into that type of thought process. Anyway thanks Ava. ~~Sis

havana8

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Undaria Algae Oil with the Osea Sea Vitamin Boost and it is definitely a love for me also! The only thing I am not keen on is the pump as no matter how I use it, I seem to get a pool of oil under the bottle.

AnnieR wrote:
Thinking of giving it a try. Does anyone know of any coupon codes for them, free shipping, etc

Annie, there's always the forum discount if you get it from EDS? hmm
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Duh, I should have known that!!!!!! I will add it to my list! It sounds like something I will have to try. I have some Golden Morroccan Argan Oil but I am not enamored with it entirely.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Is the APC everyone is talking about the Advanced Protection Cream or the Atmosphere Protection Cream? I went to put it in my cart before I realized there were two possibilities: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/osea-moisturizers-hydrati-m_570_577.htm TIA!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Advanced protection cream - I know it's more expensive but is a lovely product.

havana8 wrote:
Is the APC everyone is talking about the Advanced Protection Cream or the Atmosphere Protection Cream? I went to put it in my cart before I realized there were two possibilities: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/osea-moisturizers-hydrati-m_570_577.htm TIA!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
This has gotten my interest...think I'll be ordering a thing or two. Smile Thanks for the review!

5% products discount

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I recently purchased the Osea dry skin kit and the undaria algae oil following the reviews on this line. My skin is really loving the algae oil! Wow, what a difference to the appearance of my skin texture and appearance in the mornings when I wake up. I am using the algae oil (alone) at night to replace my usual trilogy rosehip oil (which has worked wonders for heping with fine lines that were starting to develop around the sides of my mouth) but my skin is loving this oil and seems to have gone up a level! I have tried using it with the APC cream at night but my skin seems to respond better with the oil alone at night. I hope I continue to have such positive effects with this line! Thanks Avalagne for your review.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I also bought from EDS Osea Urdaria Algae oil on rave reviews by Avalange recently. However, info received from EDS is that this item is out of stock and will only get in a week's time only? Sad I'm really looking forward to trying this oil.

I'm also looking at other Osea products too, any recommendation Avalange? Smile Thanks Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Saphire,

Because the APC cream is so firming and makes the skin look glowy but not shiny, I'd use it for daytime only. At least this is what I use it for--it's my go-to "beautiful skin" cream.

I was at the dermatologist today and the nurse was surprised that I was 36, she couldn't stop commenting on my skin! She said I looked like I was in my early twenties. Of course this made me giddy and blush, but I was only wearing APC on my skin, yeah!!! I was so flattered. We live on those moments, you know!

--avalange

PS Anyone else have people tell them they look youthful when you aren't wearing any makeup? I think I look terrible without tinted moisturizer, blush, and mascara, but I ALWAYS get the comments about youth when I'm not wearing anything. Makes me wonder if I'm aging myself with makeup.

Saphire wrote:
Hi, I recently purchased the Osea dry skin kit and the undaria algae oil following the reviews on this line. My skin is really loving the algae oil! Wow, what a difference to the appearance of my skin texture and appearance in the mornings when I wake up. I am using the algae oil (alone) at night to replace my usual trilogy rosehip oil (which has worked wonders for heping with fine lines that were starting to develop around the sides of my mouth) but my skin is loving this oil and seems to have gone up a level! I have tried using it with the APC cream at night but my skin seems to respond better with the oil alone at night. I hope I continue to have such positive effects with this line! Thanks Avalagne for your review.

WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yay, I got my order from EDS of some products and the oil is really nice. Used it last night and will use it on stretch marks too (per their website). Can't wait to see how it goes. Smile

5% products discount

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Avalange, I am still very impressed with the algae oil at night and it really is a gorgeous oil for the body as well Smile! I am going to order the full size APC to start using it consistently for the daytime. The travel size has given me the chance to see that my skin likes it as a product but not enough product to see real benefits as yet. I definitely agree with you that wearing makeup does not necessarily make skin look younger. Well not mine anyway. I am wearing a bb cream in the day now(I took the plunge finally and ditched the foundation for daytime wear) I prefer it, my skin can breathe and looks more translucent. Actually I too, have had more compliments re: looking younger for my age without makeup. I have never been completely happy with my daytime moisturiser and have changed it a lot, so I am hoping the APC cream will be a recently discovered treasure!Smile Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |