Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I ordered some sqoom gels from Dr. Serene Lim, who I believe Bethany has also used. (I'm in the US). I was wondering what was taking them so long, as I ordered before Thanksgiving!
Turns out a Paypal error led to my products being returned to the seller! Crying or Very sad

It took a while to figure out why my package had been sent to the wrong address.

I will have to say that Dr.Serene's company was on top of it, figured out it was the Paypal error, and contacted me to let me know.
I don't have any connection with Dr.Serene but I do think she's a reliable seller and I was impressed with her customer service.
They will also pay shipping if you buy $200 worth of products.

I hope it's OK to mention this as a reliable source on here, since I have no connection with them.

While I wait for the gels this time, I will go ahead and try the snail products I received. I've done lots of research on this , and it seems that the snail mucin is a very good and nutrient filled product. Any negative reviews of snail products have so far been due to 1) allergy to the snails, or 2) issues involving treatments where LIVE snails are placed on the face and allowed to crawl over the face and are directed to certain places by the technician giving the procedure.
Shock
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Alexya, I totally agree that Dr. Serene is a great source for Sqoom gels. I had a question about my order, and she personally answered it, plus spent some time answering some other questions for me. That kind of service is what gets repeat business from me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Those of you using the Sqoom gels, would any of you be willing to experiment using them in a slightly different manner and gauging the results (or have you already)?

I'd be curious to know if it could be applied just like any topical, left to dry for a minute, and then proceed with the treatment using a more economical gel as the conductor. Am I making sense? I wonder if that application might get comparable results but with less product.

I've been remiss at posting an update, so here's how things have been for me: results so far have been positive, but nothing overwhelming. The improvement is primarily around the jowls and under my chin (where I'm starting to grow a turkey waddle Sad). I still really don't see much in the way of plumping or hydration, which I think would be a bigger benefit, so I'm going to try the Medi-heal products that bspanky suggested (thanks and welcome to the forum, bspanky!).

The method that seems to get me the best result is -- apply DIY HA serum as a topical to freshly cleansed skin (this is how I'd want to experiment with a Sqoom gel, if I were to get one), then use the Fyola gel as the conductor gel.

My DIY serum base is a half/half mix of Skin Fix and Sea Kelp Bioferment, with some additives (MAP, panthenol, a couple other things I don't recall off hand).

Sometimes I add a few drops of MCT oil, which is water-soluble and emulsifies nicely with both the Fyola gel and the serum.

My usual routine is to alternate between Massage + Lifting modes and (other nights) Massage + Nutrition modes. I only do treatments about twice a week, but I'd like to try bumping that up to 3 times a week, and I want to start adding in the cleansing mode sometimes. If I add a 3rd night, I'll probably just use the Fyola gel alone, or the gel with the MCT oil added. The other 2 nights I'll use my usual serum + Fyola gel on top, sans oil.

I do everything with both modes, ion and ultra, at medium strength, EXCEPT around the eyes -- which I usually skip anyway -- but when I treat around the eyes, I use the "wrinkle" mode (as per one of the Sqoom manuals) and I use it on low.

I'm still looking to experiment, so this routine is likely to change. I'll update and let everyone know if I find a different routine/product that changes the results, for good or ill.

Thanks to everyone for the updates and the information! Hope you're all enjoying the holiday season (or that it's not driving you too crazy!) Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Low, we have missed you!

What you are recommending is what I have done to some degree, but using 2 different Sqoom gels since the RO MedGel is more economical than the HyaGel. But since they both have fragmented HA gel and the product that bspanky mentioned, it probably hasn't changed my results of my face much at all.

However, on my chest I have used the HyaGel with the Fyola gel over it, which I really like. I have not had the extreme results Karenlee did on my chest, but I didn't have many lines there to begin with. It has still improved what lines were there though. I will probably order more Fyola gel when I run out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
The Merbe has landed! Very Happy I was surprised since it's Sunday and it was just a First Class package, but I guess USPS is trying to get all the boxes delivered before Christmas.

It appears "nearly new" - the lid to the box wasn't included, nor was the little dust bag I'd seen in some sellers ads. Did those of you getting a Merbe get those too, or do they re-pack the items for easier shipping? It did come in the satin-y lined box and had the booklet (in Korean... I've printed both the Fyola and the SQOOM instructions to actually use).

I got a really nice 3-outlet adapter from the seller too. I plugged it in and charged it, tested out all the modes and lights and did the waterdrop test and it seems fine. The date on the charger is 5-2013 so it's a fairly recent build.

I took it for a test run with a gel cleanser (the only gel item I have at the moment). I want to get familiar with it before the SQOOM products I have on order arrive. Thanks for mentioning Dr. Serene and the over $200/free shipping! I went with her for that, the mention of great CS, and the fact the exchange rate is better with AUD than it is with EU.

I would love to experiment with the Aquaxyl that bspanky has mentioned but think I'll wait for a more experienced DIYer to provide a recipe. I've no clue.
bspanky

Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking of Aquaxyl, I ordered some from the link stardustgirl provided. Then I got a message today that it's too expensive to ship and they want over $80 more to ship. I said "no". We'll see what they do but it's not looking good for finding it to formulate something. I may have to start begging suppliers to try carrying it. If I could get some, the HyaGel would be easy to dupe (except for the issue of what weight of HA to use- still undecided).

In the meantime, I also ordered the MediHeal Aqua on Ebay. I'm interested in finding out all of the ingredients. It looks like a good option. I haven't been impressed with the Fyola gel that came with my Merbe. I mixed it with some HA. The first time I used it my face looked hydrated, after the second time I looked dehydrated around my eyes, but its very dry here so I'm not putting all the blame on the gel. I've stopped using the Merbe altogether until I can find or make a gel I'm comfortable with.

Once I get the MediHeal Aqua, I will post the ingredients if they are listed in case anyone is interested. I requested from one of the vendors the ingredient list for the N.M.F. Aquaring cream. It looked nice also, but it does contain FD&C Blue, fragrance and phenoxyethanol. Bummer

I may just have to bite the bullet and buy the HyaGel. Oh well! It's just money!
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Shock An extra $80 to ship what looks like small bottles? Shock Crazy. It sounds like their math must be off. $8 I could see... $80? Are they shipping a vat of it?

I'd be interested in knowing what's in the MediHeal Aqua. One of the main reasons I went with ordering the SQOOM gels is that the ingredients are good and people have been getting nice results with those. The LeMieux sounded interesting but looks like a hassle to order, so I didn't pursue that further.

My Merbe is awaiting gels too. I don't have anything appropriate to use with it right now.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi stardust,
you can always use some of the Baby Quasar serum, which contains some actives and HA, until you get your gel. They have a great special on it now here at EDS - wish I had gotten mine here for the savings.
I was also able to order some of the Fyola Skin Food gel from Amazon to use till my gels from Dr. Serene get here. The Fyola gel doesn't feel quite as nice and slippery as the the "Q' serum, to the touch.
I'll try to give myself a treatment with the Fyola skin food tomorrow and see what happens. I think I'll use my actives with it.
Happy Holidays everybody! wave
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Guys,

I found this video on youtube (maybe some of you did too); it should be recorded by Merbe/Lotts.

From the clip, I find that the lady glides the device over the skin very fast in Cleansing, Massge, Whitening & Wrinkle; while she puts the Merbe on the skin for a few seconds in Nutrition and moves it slow in Lifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRZkUxeuBUI
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Guys,

I found this video on youtube (maybe some of you did too); it should be recorded by Merbe/Lotts.

From the clip, I find that the lady glides the device over the skin very fast in Cleansing, Massge, Whitening & Wrinkle; while she puts the Merbe on the skin for a few seconds in Nutrition and moves it slow in Lifting.

I have seen that in the past, and keep trying to remind myself to SLOW DOWN!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions, Alexya. I think with the holidays, anything I order now would arrive about the same time as the Dr. Serene items so I'll (try to) be patient.

It seems we can add another gadget to the list of SQOOM/Fyola/Merbe: the Kuron A. It looks the same and seems to be used the same. Here's a video of it being used on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m20pGMpCfxA

And what looks to be an instructional video of the device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SViXajUWds
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:

It seems we can add another gadget to the list of SQOOM/Fyola/Merbe: the Kuron A. It looks the same and seems to be used the same. Here's a video of it being used on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m20pGMpCfxA

And what looks to be an instructional video of the device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SViXajUWds

I am thinking that is the version for Thailand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a YouTube about the Kuron. It is in a foreign language but it shows the different modes with a water drops on the head. It is interesting the change in the way the water pluses depending on the program.

Also if you google Kuron A face massager, some stuff will come up. There is a listing for one on Amazon but it looks like a different model then the Sqoom but it is made by the same company.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9R6BD_GK768&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9R6BD_GK768

ETA: Here is a press release from Feb. 2012 that talks about the Kuron release.

http://www.thailand4.com/.food/2012-02-20/917eefc8032e3f0a9c1cbc8070d6080d/

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Guys,

Thanks, summer. I hadn't seen this. The Sqoom manual says "move it softly over the skin in slow circles" for all modes. I know I'm definitely moving the transducer too quickly.

Is everyone following the diagrams in the Sqoom manual when using in the various modes? For example, in N mode, the movements are mostly up; in L mode, the movements are up and down; for the mid-face in M mode it looks as if we should only target the nasolabial lines and above the lip area (always using small slow circles). It kind of reminds me of Tanaka. I wonder if following the diagrams is integral to the success of the Merbe / Sqoom?
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use the same directions they show in the manual for the different functions. It makes sense that you would use a different motion for lifting than for massage.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9R6BD_GK768&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9R6BD_GK768

Did everyone notice that, in the above video, she doesn't use any gel - just her normal products with water. This makes sense to me - particularly if you use gel like serums.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu, that's really a good observation that they didn't use the sqoom/Merbe/Fyola brand gels.

I do think that the actual ultrasound/galvanic action of the devices will push HA type serums in deeper than they might have otherwise gone. Where the sqoom gels may penetrate the best due to their specially sized HA, maybe the energy of the device itself pushes the molecules into smaller pieces as they are forced into the skin so you still get benefit from them being used with the device.
Hss anyone used their sqoom after a peel? I did a lactic one a few days ago and wondered if the sqoom would help it peel faster. TIA.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am still waiting for my gels to arrive, since they went to my old address and then back to Australia. Those gels have done more traveling than I have this year LOL

I hope all is well with the other Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola users. Let us know if you have some new ingredients or techniques to share.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone else finding it too cold to sqoom? Laughing
desertbell

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
Is anyone else finding it too cold to sqoom? Laughing

I don't know what sqoom is but I can tell you right now where I'm at it's too damn cold for everything Laughing Laughing
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
desertbell, your first post was worth waiting for! "sqoom"ing involves gel and a cold mechanical device, and that's all I'm sayin'! Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
Hi Keliu, that's really a good observation that they didn't use the sqoom/Merbe/Fyola brand gels.

I do think that the actual ultrasound/galvanic action of the devices will push HA type serums in deeper than they might have otherwise gone. Where the sqoom gels may penetrate the best due to their specially sized HA, maybe the energy of the device itself pushes the molecules into smaller pieces as they are forced into the skin so you still get benefit from them being used with the device.
Hss anyone used their sqoom after a peel? I did a lactic one a few days ago and wondered if the sqoom would help it peel faster. TIA.

Alexia - I use the Merbe after I exfoliate. The closest I come to a peel would be the NCN pumpkin peel. I can't say as I've noticed it helps the exfoliating action. Merbe provides an integrity to the skins appearance, it is a nice toning device. I like it a lot.
FWIW: I have two favorite gels: MCR from Texas Beauty Institute (great hydration) and one called Skinagain. Happy I can find something that works well on my 50+ year old skin. Very complimentary to my overall program.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sis,

which one from Skinagain are you liking?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Sis,

TIA

Check your mail Sigma. Wrote you a small essay. LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
sigma wrote:
Sis,

TIA

Check your mail Sigma. Wrote you a small essay. LOL

Those are some interesting products...particularly so since the founder used to do training videos for the Fyola. They are still on YouTube and she appeared to be a big fan.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |