Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
New User , Need advice please.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gouldbergvariations
5% products discount

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am 27 years old (male) and have had moderate/mild acne since I was 16-17.It is extremely hard for me to find a cleanser/toner or regime because my skin is very sensitive.

More recently , I have been on Copper peptides/ lacsal ( lactic acid 10% ) daily for about a year now.I still get intermittent breakouts and have red spots! It seems as though this acne garbage is with me for the long haul, over 10 years and I have never had a clear face day. Breakouts are pretty rare though, and they are usually not large Cysts or anything too serious. What is really troubling lately is my pore size. All over my cheeks large pores/ holes which I was certain weren't nearly as bad before I was on the copper peptides. After reading other reviews from users, I am fairly confident that these large pores are exacerbated by copper peptides. I tried getting help on the SB forum but no one touches the issue of large pore size...I am pretty angry, because I have to start from square one to try and fix these hideous things.

I am completely lost at the moment, and have no idea where to begin. I am currently in university and would prefer not having a face irritating regime. If anyone can offer advice or a daily regime, I would be very grateful.

I should also mention that I tried the caveman/ no wash regime for almost 3 weeks and got the worst breakout of my life.. Lol

Thank you for your time.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of cp's enlarging pores or so many of us wouldn't be using them.

Maybe you have a case of what we all call "the uglies"..? Are you using them everyday? If so..give your skin a break..take the weekends off..that is what I have done.

Write Dr. Pickart on the Skin Biology website also..he will respond to your concern.

For acne..I'd use retin a too...and I'd research the oil cleansing method..many threads on here and those with acne swear by it.

good luck
gouldbergvariations
5% products discount

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I've never heard of cp's enlarging pores or so many of us wouldn't be using them.

Maybe you have a case of what we all call "the uglies"..? Are you using them everyday? If so..give your skin a break..take the weekends off..that is what I have done.

Write Dr. Pickart on the Skin Biology website also..he will respond to your concern.

For acne..I'd use retin a too...and I'd research the oil cleansing method..many threads on here and those with acne swear by it.

good luck

Thank you for your response. If you do a search for CP's increasing pore size there are quite a few forum posts about it. Check google to confirm it. My problem is that they have become increasingly noticeable since i started the standard SB regime of Super CP morning, and lacsal night.

I do take the 2nd day off from the copper peptides whenever i feel the need, but a full year and i still have red marks all over my face? That basically means the products are not working.

I have written Pickart and he doesn't address the large pore issue.. So, I think I am done with their products.

I'd like to get retin a but apparently it does nothing for hyper pigmentation ( red marks).

I am kind of lost at the moment. Thanks for your insight though.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have read that the SB copper peptides used with zinc oxide based sunscreens may cause enlarged pores??Not sure if your doing this? You know copper peptides arent for everyone. I use them a few times a week. Personally I like the NCN copper petide serum best and I stopped the SB one (just found it too heavy) I dont think stronger is necessarily better either.

You would be better off with a gentle cream cleanser, add a nice moisturiser and sunsreen in the morning. I have used the oil cleansing method but didnt love it. Creamy cleanser and clarisonic were the best combo for me. If your up to it maybe a nice product with vitamin C in the am. Just be carefiul if your skin is sensitive with this one.

You can opt for a retinol product in the evening too. Ive gotten my husband onto retinol and he loves it.Occasionally he uses my retin-A too.LOL Personally Ive found the only thing that helps with pores was gentle cleansers (no sulphates etc), my clarisonic which I only use at night, RetinA at night and a good moisturiser. I do an odd AHA/BHA lotion or mask too. You could add a product designed more for hyperpigmentation.
I have read that Vit C with ferulic acid and E is very good lightening. You could DIY some to have it fresh. Ive jsut bought some Vit C powder in capsules with niacinimide, glucosamine, and kojic acid which helps to lighten skin. Hopefully that will work.

Its a slow process and we are all in a neverending search for products that actually work. But I feel I always come back to the basics: A,C,E, AHA/BHAs

Good luck.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just did a Google search and found nothing on copper peptides increasing pore size. Can your furnish a link?

5% products discount

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for advice dionie. No , I do not use any sunblock, because I am usually never in the sun. Somewhat of a vampire. I was using pickart's gentle cleanser which seemed to work ok, but have recently switched to oatmeal cleanser ( cheap + natural and good reviews).
The only thing i need , is a good toner ( currently made my own greentea/pomgrenate/bamboo leave toner). I am already feeling the " face flushing feeling" when your skin adjusts to a new regime.

It is tough for me to get retinol/ retin a because I am a poor student, and i am getting sick of a reliance in all these expensive "cures".

In regards to the link where there was testaments to Cp's causing enlarged pores

copy and paste this after the website name ( new members can't post links)
/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28666
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I suggest consultation with a doctor/dermatologist first before using these cosmetics products. Maybe you are allergy to these products.... I'm not an expert on your type of sensitive skin, but I can suggest these:

First, you need a proper balance in your diet. Limit intake of refined white sugar (use brown sugar) and foods that are high in trans-fatty acids. Try to avoid fried foods as much as possible... Opt for high fiber foods. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Drink clear water (no sugared colored drinks). Get at least 8hours sleep. Don't poke your skin.

Also importantly, proper cleaning of the affected area is an essential part of maintaining healthy skin. Here are some tips (during acne treatment):
-never scrub your face with wash cloths or abrasive cleansers as it will worsen the problem;
-never use (harsh) soaps as it will most likely clog your pores. I suggest using an organic cleanser (with aloe vera) since it will cleanse the affected area without stripping the skin of its natural oils;
-use a mild organic toner after cleansing the face to restore the pH balance of your skin;
-use natural ingredients to treat your skin, such as, tea tree oil, green tea extract, vitamin A, vitamin E. Most of these products you can buy at a health food shop that sells organic and natural products.

You can also use ProActiv solution for acne if this is within your budget.

I hope this helps.
gouldbergvariations
5% products discount

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your advice jade, I am grateful.

I am extremely healthy food wise/ supplementation.

Do you have any ideas for a mild organic toner? I am currently using organic green tea/ pomgrenate /bamboo shoot leaves , steeped in tea . My new cleanser is just using oatmeal( i have pure organic aloe vera, perhaps i could add that into the cleanser)

Thanks again for taking your time to give me some insight.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile

I would use ingredients that you already have in your kitchen....

Aloe Vera Toner mixture
1 small aloe vera leaf (get the juice out of aloe vera leaf)
1 teaspoon citrus juice

Honey Vinegar Toner Mixture
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

For the above natural (organic) toners, use cotton balls and apply to the affected areas.
As you know Aloe Vera has been known for its healing properties and calming. Honey is also beneficial for the skin.

Either of these 2 toner mixture will work... So apply 2x a day, in the morning and in the evening before going to bed.

Once a week, make an effort just a little bit more.....I also suggest a facial acne masque.

Baking Soda & Bran Masque
1/4 cup bran (fine oatmeal flakes would work too)
2 teaspoons baking soda
distilled water, just enough to make a paste with baking soda & bran.
INSTRUCTION: Apply to face and let sit for 20-30 minutes. You can lay down on the couch/bed while doing this... After which, rinse with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.

Aside from these natural toners, don't forget my "other" suggestions that I posted before as these are all important and very much related.
BTW, don't expect miracles in short period of time. Takes time and be patient. Don't lose hope. Good luck! Smile

gouldbergvariations wrote:
Thanks for your advice jade, I am grateful.

I am extremely healthy food wise/ supplementation.

Do you have any ideas for a mild organic toner? I am currently using organic green tea/ pomgrenate /bamboo shoot leaves , steeped in tea . My new cleanser is just using oatmeal( i have pure organic aloe vera, perhaps i could add that into the cleanser)

Thanks again for taking your time to give me some insight.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |