Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
body changes as we age
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
So we all know that as you get older, your body changes. Your metabolism doesn't burn fat as quickly, and you need to work out more in order to maintain your weight etc.
I'm 27 yrs old and lately have noticed my body changing. I've always been an hourglass figure. But lately i've been noticing that my waist is getting bigger (not with fat, but just bigger in general) which gives the illusion that my breasts are smaller. My butt and thighs have become more toned though, which is a bonus i guess....but when once upon a time I used to have a 24 inch waist....i feel like there is no way of getting that waist back no matter how many crunches I do. Anyone else noticing body changes?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yep - I have a weight problem, but it's not gaining, it's losing. My waist is still narrow, but I've lost my butt and hips, and have long skinny arms and legs. I really miss my butt! It was glorious! LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
BC Girl - you could try the 'Pin Ups Workout'
which has exercises for getting a narrow waist.
I haven't got round to trying them myself so I can't comment on their effectiveness.
But if you do try them and they give you a lovely slim waist, please please let me know! lol.
ashlee
5% products discount

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:48 am      Reply with quote
hmm happens. sign of aging Sad
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Yep - I have a weight problem, but it's not gaining, it's losing. My waist is still narrow, but I've lost my butt and hips, and have long skinny arms and legs. I really miss my butt! It was glorious! LOL

argh! yes, i used to have a juicy butt....now it's small and i'm scared it will deflate! Sad lol
i do yoga and pilates...but it doesn't seem to shrink my waist. Probably more cardio would do the trick...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Not to be a downer, but 27 was the age when I first started to notice my body changing. Now it seems to undergo another unwanted transformation every 4-6 years. Guess it is normal! We just have to try to accept ourselves at all stages of life.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly the age I noticed my body changing too.. I also thought my waist was getting thicker but not from fat. I turned out to be wrong, I lost an extra five or ten pounds and I had my body back. As it turns out my weight HAD gradually crept up and I didn't notice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Exactly the age I noticed my body changing too.. I also thought my waist was getting thicker but not from fat. I turned out to be wrong, I lost an extra five or ten pounds and I had my body back. As it turns out my weight HAD gradually crept up and I didn't notice.

what did you do to lose 5-10 pounds?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl- nothing fancy, old fashioned diet and exercise. No alcohol whatsoever, no gluten (I actually have celiac disease but I'm not the best at maintaining it) and riding my bike to work and everyday errands versus driving my car. Make an effort to sleep more, eat smaller portions, and no snacking as I don't do well with it. Took about four weeks to lose the weight. First week sucked.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it's so sad to notice that my metabolism began to slow down in my late 20s. Now it's all about trying to eat healthier and allowing myself a cheat day on the weekends. I definitely miss being young and being able to eat anything I wanted and not gain a single pound. You young ladies need to take advantage of it while it lasts!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I've always been an hourglass figure. But lately i've been noticing that my waist is getting bigger (not with fat, but just bigger in general)... My butt and thighs have become more toned though, which is a bonus i guess...

I've noticed that many fitness instructors have thick waists. That is usually the result of too many crunches and weighted oblique work. Also using bad form for any ab exercises, which will push out the abs. I mostly do planks, which sucks everything in.

You also need to be aware of what you are eating. Everyone thinks their eating habits haven't changed but until they actually weigh and measure their food and count calories, you never know for sure.

Through diet and exercise (not deprivation) I've maintained a slim and toned figure and I am post-menopausal, so there are no excuses. I also take bioidentical hormones and bioidentical thyroid hormone as I am hypothyroid. It's always a good idea to have ALL of your hormones measured and balanced by a good endocrinologist.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
^ yes and I am actually looking for a place to get my hormones tested.
But an update on my body. I've started to count calories using "my fitness pal" app and it really works! I've lost 10 pounds since my original post and now weigh back to my original weight since highschool of 110. As for workout routine, I mainly do Pilates and yoga so lots of planks instead of crunches. With the pounds that I shed, my figure has bounced back to what it used to look like except my breasts. Seems like gravity is beginning to take a toll. Anyone else notice deflation and lack of volume at 27? They just don't seem as voluptuous and perky as they once were Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:29 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
BCgirl wrote:
I've always been an hourglass figure. But lately i've been noticing that my waist is getting bigger (not with fat, but just bigger in general)... My butt and thighs have become more toned though, which is a bonus i guess...

I've noticed that many fitness instructors have thick waists. That is usually the result of too many crunches and weighted oblique work. Also using bad form for any ab exercises, which will push out the abs. I mostly do planks, which sucks everything in.

You also need to be aware of what you are eating. Everyone thinks their eating habits haven't changed but until they actually weigh and measure their food and count calories, you never know for sure.

Through diet and exercise (not deprivation) I've maintained a slim and toned figure and I am post-menopausal, so there are no excuses. I also take bioidentical hormones and bioidentical thyroid hormone as I am hypothyroid. It's always a good idea to have ALL of your hormones measured and balanced by a good endocrinologist.

I have noticed that fitness instructors have thick middles as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
BC Girl - you could try the 'Pin Ups Workout'
which has exercises for getting a narrow waist.
I haven't got round to trying them myself so I can't comment on their effectiveness.
But if you do try them and they give you a lovely slim waist, please please let me know! lol.

Is there a dvd or a book? I found the website but no media to try?
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

Your explanation makes perfect sense. Certain abdominal exercises definitely make a female look too thick in the midsection. I recently learned this from a fitness book I am reading. Planks are definitely the way to go.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
catski - I don't know if there is a book or DVD, but if you go to:-
www.Pinupsart-n-Style.com
then scroll right down the home page, you will come to 'Pinups Workout - for a narrow waist.'
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Your explanation makes perfect sense. Certain abdominal exercises definitely make a female look too thick in the midsection. I recently learned this from a fitness book I am reading. Planks are definitely the way to go.

That's interesting packratmack. Do you know which exercises in particular bulk out the middle for women?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Crunches and weighted oblique work. Never use extra weight for ab work.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Along with controlling calories and exercising, you need to consider what you eat and how it may be slowing your metabolism due to its effect on your thyroid. You may need thyroid replacement as you age, but don't eat things that actually damage your thyroid, such as sources of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs):
http://blog.arkofwellness.com/what-is-pufa/

PUFAs are more sensitive to heat, oxygen, and light. When you eat them they oxidize very quickly in your 98 degree body. They will slow down your metabolic rate and can affect your thyroid function. The will also weaken your immune system and cause your estrogen levels to go up. I have heard that they may even cause infertility. In other words: They make you fat, puffy, feel terrible, and make look much older rapidly- not ARK recommended! Ray Peat states, “Unsaturated fats cause aging, clotting, inflammation, cancer, and weight gain.” Is that enough for you?
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Big yes to the deflation comment. Now that I'm skinnier, my body skin lays flush with the muscle, but my breasts will never be the same as they were when I was younger. Gravity has started to take them! It's not that bad though.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen my body change so much over the years. I noticed my breasts getting smaller and less "full" in my mid 20s. I used to have a very toned butt and arms, but now I have nothing but sag. I think as we age we lose our sub-cu fat that cushions our body and makes it appear more youthful. I am very thin and so losing that fat is a very bad thing. You are still 11yrs younger than I am, so my advice is to make changes in your diet and start skin brushing. It is very important to maintain your weight and not stretch the skin. The skin brushing is something I have been doing to help my Lymphatic system. Yoga and Pilates and walking are all good ways to tone the body without adding bulk. Gaining weight in the waste area is often attributed to stress and not getting enough sleep. How much sleep do you get? I have also heard that eating yogurt is good for the waste. It's certainly true that our bodies change as we age, but there are things we can do that will help. Last but not least, where sunscreen! Where it on your body also. For some reason I was sooo stupid when I was younger and did not wear sunscreen. I also fake baked tons in my 20s. I am now getting dark spots on my face and body!! I thought that would happen when I got much older, but it started happening at 35! I hope this helps and best so luck. Just for reference, I am in massage school studying Shiatsu and that is why I suggested to rev up the Lymphatic system.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ligea, what are u using for skin brushing, anything in particular, if so, any links pls? Thank you
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
i feel like there is no way of getting that waist back no matter how many crunches I do. Anyone else noticing body changes?

crunches builds muscles and can v easily make the waist broader; ever noticed those big bulky muscular guys with rock hard abs but at the same time huge waists...... do you do lateral crunches as well, these would help to tighten the lateral muscles...
Ligea
5% products discount

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Daler,
I bought my natural skin brush at a natural food co-op. I don't think they are difficult to find. You just want to make sure it is a natural bristle that you intend to keep dry. I googled skinbrushing yesterday to look for better answers. A lot of people mentioned buying one at Whole Foods and some people use an acaya? washcloth, something natural and scrubby that will not mold. Start on the bottom of the foot and work your way up the leg ( I start Lleg) using nice, long strokes always toward the heart. I always follow my skinbrushing with a long soak in the bath with essential oils and Epsom salts and Baking Soda. I have heard nothing but good things about skinbrushing. It is a very good natural detox and I imagine quite good for areas with cellulite. I hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ligea!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |