Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beauty feet treatment.... anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile

Sometimes we see people with dry, cracked skin on their feet. It is not good to look at, as it shows that we take care of other parts of our body, except our "feet".

What do you do to take care of it.
Do you have a beauty feet regimen that you do on a regular basis?
What product(s) or tool(s) you use on your feet to make it soft and moisturized and the frequency of application.

Please share your secrets Smile
Anyone?
Gosha
5% products discount

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I follow Paula Begoun's advice that she gave 8-9 years ago. Buy a Microplane foot file, I have an orb style, one side is like a grater and the other side is a file. Grate your heels, file the flakes off, and then put 2% BHA (Paula's choice 2% or Neutrogena 3 in 1 hydrating BHA, or go to beautypedia.com for best BHAs), wait for 20 min. to let it work, then apply olive oil, followed by vaseline. Wrap your feet in plastic wrap, put on socks and sleep overnight. Repeat the procedure, until you get baby soft feet, then maintain once a week. I just don't like being wrapped in plastic at night, at first I would take the socks off at night. Try it, it really works!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:30 am      Reply with quote
This is the way I do it --- I pile my foot every week after a swim, and put Dermal Therapy cream on my feet. This is a foot cream. I bought this cream at Walmart (near the pharmacy section). It makes my feet soft and moisturize, and then I put socks (at night) to seal in the moisture. After that, I don't do anything else. This is the way I take care of my feet.

Gosha wrote:
I follow Paula Begoun's advice that she gave 8-9 years ago. Buy a Microplane foot file, I have an orb style, one side is like a grater and the other side is a file. Grate your heels, file the flakes off, and then put 2% BHA (Paula's choice 2% or Neutrogena 3 in 1 hydrating BHA, or go to beautypedia.com for best BHAs), wait for 20 min. to let it work, then apply olive oil, followed by vaseline. Wrap your feet in plastic wrap, put on socks and sleep overnight. Repeat the procedure, until you get baby soft feet, then maintain once a week. I just don't like being wrapped in plastic at night, at first I would take the socks off at night. Try it, it really works!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
The first time I saw Ped Egg advertized, I knew immediately that that would be the worst thing anyone could use on his/her feet. Why? Because common sense told me that I knew it would cut so deep into the soles of feet that it'd lead to a thicker callous than before forming and therefore make the whole idea of softening feet a joke. It probably is a smart move on the makers of the thing because it means those who use it will need to use more of it.

The BEST thing I have found for beautiful, soft feet is a pumice stone called The Blackstone. Now this isn't any ol' pumice stone. And others that look like it do not even compare. The stone I refer to erases callouses and corns painlessly and immediately and leaves your feet smooth without the risk of things getting worse and you needing to do more of it. It is a brittle stone so you cannot use force or it will crumble. Which is one of the things amazing about it: that after you apply soap, and then with very little pressure, make circular motions, focusing more in areas where you have rough skin, your skin goes from rough to baby smooth effortlessly. Yes, the results are immediate. IF you have very thick callouses, it may take a few uses to soften the feet, but smoothing out the roughness will be immediate.

But I do not stop just at the exfoliating with a pumice stone. After I have rinsed and dried my feet off, I massage into them a wonderful thing called Kerasal Moisturizing Ointment (http://www.kerasal.com/cracked-heels-ointment.shtml). It has the consistency of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly (and when I'm without it I usually rub Vaseline between palms, add a drop of lotion and rub again to create a creamy consistency and then massage that into my feet before wearing socks for the night).

I have suggested this to a few people and they have come back to thank me. So if anyone doesn't already have a regimen in place that they are satisfied with, please give this a try. You will not be disappointment. But only do this is if you're not happy with whatever you're doing now. I'm a believer that you should not fix something that isn't broken.

I just realized I never did tell you where to get the Blackstone. Amazon sells it: http://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-Callous-Corn-Remover/dp/B004CBG8HM But don't let it's appearance or it's awful smell put you off (Yes it does stink. But the smell doesn't transfer onto your feet and stay with you after you rinse off. You only smell it when using it.)

I hope those who try this will report back on their experience with it.
Gosha
5% products discount

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Thanks for the advice. I see that Kerasal has 5% BHA and urea. That's great! I will definitely try the pumice stone. I heard about the graters being not so great for your feet but didn't really pay attention to it, thanks for reminding!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Nonie aka AD Smile Wow! Thanks for your wonderful feedback. Pumice stones are use in the old days and even today to remove dead skin and to make it soft and smooth... My mom uses pumice stone on her feet and then apply Dermal Therapy cream..... She is happy with it. But I would like to try to incorporate your suggestion of using vaseline with my favourite body lotion...
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Hello Nonie aka AD Smile Wow! Thanks for your wonderful feedback. Pumice stones are use in the old days and even today to remove dead skin and to make it soft and smooth... My mom uses pumice stone on her feet and then apply Dermal Therapy cream..... She is happy with it. But I would like to try to incorporate your suggestion of using vaseline with my favourite body lotion...

Hi jade-1234 if your mom is ever in the market for a pumice stone replacement, please surprise her with the Blackstone. She will be very pleased. It really is like no other pumice stone. It feels rough like dead coral but it works like a charm. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Gosha I am really excited that you're going to give the Blackstone and Kerasal Ointment a try. The ointment is easy to get in any stores that have a foot aisle (CVS, Walmart).
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie - thank you. That is great advice. simple, easy to do and effective. You can't beat that. I have the egg thing and I felt uncomfortable using it - seemed like it would scrape my skin off - I'm serious. Gave me the willies to think about it so I just used any acid based product I had around on my feet and hoped for the best. About using socks - well at 54 I get tooooo warm to put on socks and wear them all night. But I could try Laughing
Off to check out that Blackstone and ointment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:24 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Nonie - thank you. That is great advice. simple, easy to do and effective. You can't beat that. I have the egg thing and I felt uncomfortable using it - seemed like it would scrape my skin off - I'm serious. Gave me the willies to think about it so I just used any acid based product I had around on my feet and hoped for the best. About using socks - well at 54 I get tooooo warm to put on socks and wear them all night. But I could try Laughing
Off to check out that Blackstone and ointment.

Sister Sweets you're welcome. I have to admit I too don't always use socks except in winter when I do it all the time (I hate having cold feet so I wear socks 24/7 when the temperature dros). I just mentioned the socks because just like cotton gloves after a hand treatment, they seem to be the done thing after a foot pampering. Very Happy

BTW, I apologize for the badly written post in which I shared about my regimen. I'm appalled by the grammatical errors! That'll teach me not to post in haste. Embarassed
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nonie-Just ordered one for the hubby! I really appreciate the link.
We have a wonderful Swedish Clover file (which is really pretty good) and a pedegg but he he a heridtary condition like his father and they need the extra help!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:42 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
We have a wonderful Swedish Clover file (which is really pretty good) and a pedegg but he he a heridtary condition like his father and they need the extra help!

AnnieR I don't think the Ped Egg is a good thing. I think it does more harm and just worsens the condition. A friend of mine whose feet were not that bad off got it and loved how well it sloughed off the rough skin at first. But in a few weeks her feet were worse than ever. It's a shame I didn't know of her plans to get it as I'd have warned her.

I believe anything that tears so deep into our skin just makes it try to heal itself faster and in the case of tough areas like feet, that just means a thicker "hide" IMO.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello Nonie aka Smile Yes, I will buy one for her (me too). I think she will love the blackstone as she is already using pumice stone. Thanks Smile

Nonie aka AD wrote:

Hi jade-1234 if your mom is ever in the market for a pumice stone replacement, please surprise her with the Blackstone. She will be very pleased. It really is like no other pumice stone. It feels rough like dead coral but it works like a charm. I cannot say enough good things about it.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Hello Nonie aka Smile Yes, I will buy one for her (me too). I think she will love the blackstone as she is already using pumice stone. Thanks Smile

Hey jade-1234 I could not for the life of me remember the URL for the very basic website of the makers of the Blackstone. I was looking for it all day yesterday because I seemed to think shipping might be cheaper there than it is at Amazon in case one doesn't have a Prime account on Amazon. But it might be more convenient to order on Amazon coz their website is so basic that you can't even order online; you have to print out an order form and send a check or money order Confused).

Anyway, I found the website today and will post it here in case anyone is interested (http://wblackstone.bizhosting.com/). The stone comes with directions of use but you can get them on the site by clicking on the PRODUCT button at the top. (I just remembered on seeing that product page that diabetics should not use it.) So maybe everyone should read that site in case there's more info one needs to know.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I printed the order form and sending directly to the company. Thanks Nonie

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

AnnieR I don't think the Ped Egg is a good thing. I think it does more harm and just worsens the condition. A friend of mine whose feet were not that bad off got it and loved how well it sloughed off the rough skin at first. But in a few weeks her feet were worse than ever. It's a shame I didn't know of her plans to get it as I'd have warned her.

I believe anything that tears so deep into our skin just makes it try to heal itself faster and in the case of tough areas like feet, that just means a thicker "hide" IMO.

I don't own the Ped egg, but do have the Microplane foot "file" that looks the same with the metal grater part.
I have been using that 1+ year and never had problems with it.

Could it be because Microplane is a better product and made in the US??

The instructions for mine say to use the file with dry feet.
I just usually spend a few minutes every couple days to smooth my heels...I don't have the patience to sit there half an hour scrubbing my feet (and have problems w my wrist so hard to do anyways).

I also use M2 Body refinish on my feet and that works well too.

I tried Kerasal and the one they sell in the US is good,but I am in Canada and the pharmacist ordered the Canadian version and really hated it-was too thick.

Do you use the Ped Egg with wet or dry feet??
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I am using Revlon type of Ped Egg (the pink one that you can buy at Walmart's nail section). I've used it on dry feet and on wet feet. When I use it on dry feet, I don't get as much, but when I use it after my swim when my feet has soaked for couple of hours, it is easier to use it. After that, I apply Thermal Therapy on my feet. You can also buy this at Walmart near the pharmacy section, cost approx. $8-$10 and will last maybe 3-4 months depending on your usage. A little goes a long way.

I am looking at the Blackstone suggested by NonieakaAD to see if this method is better for me though...

BTW, I am also in Canada Smile

Ottawa Shopper wrote:

Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

I don't own the Ped egg, but do have the Microplane foot "file" that looks the same with the metal grater part.
I have been using that 1+ year and never had problems with it.

Could it be because Microplane is a better product and made in the US??

The instructions for mine say to use the file with dry feet.
I just usually spend a few minutes every couple days to smooth my heels...I don't have the patience to sit there half an hour scrubbing my feet (and have problems w my wrist so hard to do anyways).

I also use M2 Body refinish on my feet and that works well too.

I tried Kerasal and the one they sell in the US is good,but I am in Canada and the pharmacist ordered the Canadian version and really hated it-was too thick.

Ottawa Shopper was your last question directed at me? (I'm asking because you quoted my post). If so, I do not use the Ped Egg and have no idea how others use it. I didn't like it the minute I saw it on TV in an ad and knew just from looking at it that one would develop thicker skin from it and need to use it more...and that it would worsen feet. It wasn't long after I thought that that I saw reviews for it popping up echoing my sentiments.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Oh wow Nonie I can't thank you enough with this information on the blackstone....I ordered off amazon and have tried it for two nights and it is the bomb! I was using the egg thing and my nail folks told me it was not a good idea for the same reasons you said.....now I need to get the cream for the after procedure and I am set! Thank you thank you!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
The egg is out! Laughing Waiting for the blackstone to arrive. I ordered a batch of them - gifts, stocking stuffers. Until then I have an old fashioned pumice stone and putting bio oil and vaseline on. (making due!) Here's to beautiful feet all winter.
Glad to hear you love it too Toby. Nonie I think you've started something.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Did it leave your heels black? My black stone also dissolved just like that and between the hubby and I, it's gone! Well, other than the mess it left behind in my tub.I think it would be best to use it in a large bowl or pan just for the ease of clean-up.
It did seem to work pretty well but I don't think I will reorder.
I am glad I tried it though!

5% products discount

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:25 am      Reply with quote
My favorite beauty treatment for my feet is a sour cream mask. Slather your clean feet in sour cream, stick them in plastic bags, and cover with socks. In twenty to thirty minutes, remove socks and bags and rinse to reveal softer, lovelier feet. Full fat sour cream is better than reduced fat, as the fat, along with lactic acid is what makes this mask work. You might want to let the sour cream come to room temp before applying. Sour cream is also a great face mask, but MUCH less time, maybe five minutes. It is one of my go-to special occasion masks for giving my skin a plump dewey look. It is cheap and does not have to be ordered online!

And count me as a fan of Kerasal ointment. Amazing stuff. I've been using it for years. I've tried the store brand imitation (CVS), and did not find it as effective.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Oh wow Nonie I can't thank you enough with this information on the blackstone....I ordered off amazon and have tried it for two nights and it is the bomb! I was using the egg thing and my nail folks told me it was not a good idea for the same reasons you said.....now I need to get the cream for the after procedure and I am set! Thank you thank you!!!!

Toby thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked it.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Did it leave your heels black? My black stone also dissolved just like that and between the hubby and I, it's gone! Well, other than the mess it left behind in my tub.I think it would be best to use it in a large bowl or pan just for the ease of clean-up.
It did seem to work pretty well but I don't think I will reorder.
I am glad I tried it though!

AnnieR were you using a lot of force? I use the Blackstone once a week and I still have the same one I started at the beginning of this year. It's worn, and no longer the same size (about 1/2 its original size), but it's still there. I find I cannot use force with it because it will break. It works well with minimal force, I find. And yes, it does crumble but it's like powder so the shower spray washes it down the drain with ease.

ETA: I just remembered that in a previous post you said something about your hubby having a hereditary condition. So maybe you were trying to smooth out his feet in one treatment? I don't think you should do that. You should just do a little a day. And in due time, the feet will be soft. "Easy does it" has always been my belief. Coz if you overdo it, then your feet's "healing mode" comes into play and hard skin may form again. You do it gradually and there's no "fighting back", if you catch my drift. Put another way, "easy come, easy go".
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Are these the black pumice stones that smell like sulfur? I used those for many, many years until they were no longer available here. I would be VERY happy so see them back!
A friend of mine is a pedicure and she advises pumice stone, not the ped egg metal things. They can take away too much skin and cause wounds and uneven regrowths. The black pumice with sulfur is much more gentle (though very effective) and, not unimportant, has an antimicrobial action too, which not only prevent athlete's foot but, from what I was told, can also prevent bad odour.
Now I see it mentioned here I will go and search for it again, maybe it's back on the market here as well. I was so disappointed when my chemist no longer sold it!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Are these the black pumice stones that smell like sulfur? I used those for many, many years until they were no longer available here. I would be VERY happy so see them back!
A friend of mine is a pedicure and she advises pumice stone, not the ped egg metal things. They can take away too much skin and cause wounds and uneven regrowths. The black pumice with sulfur is much more gentle (though very effective) and, not unimportant, has an antimicrobial action too, which not only prevent athlete's foot but, from what I was told, can also prevent bad odour.
Now I see it mentioned here I will go and search for it again, maybe it's back on the market here as well. I was so disappointed when my chemist no longer sold it!

Yes, Lotusesther those are the ones. Like you, I first came across them at a pharmacy or grocery store and for years thought Scholls were the makers of it because I discovered it next to the corn-removers on the foot aisle in some store. (It was while looking for corn-removers among Scholl products that I came across it and the description that it removed corns and callouses painlessly caught my attention.) Then I couldn't find it nor remember the make. For years, I'd do searches online for black pumice corn remover with no success. Then one day I found a seller on eBay and she was my source. Only recently did I find it on Amazon but that might just be because I now knew what it was called. I have not seen it in stores yet.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |