Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How Much Biotin Do You Take?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm taking roughly 600 mcg.

What about you? How much do you take?
daydreamer
5% products discount

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I was taking 1000mg but couldn't understand why I was coming out in more spots than I'd had in my life...then googled and found biotin was the culprit so I had stopped taking it. Pity as it seemed to make a difference Sad
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Wow - I take 10,000mcg. No spots for me, at least not yet. I've only been taking them a couple of weeks.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I broke out almost straight away. I couldn't work out what it was at first as I have never been prone to spots not even as a teenager, then realised it was the Biotin. There is a lot of stuff online about it, also how it can promote weight loss but lucky me didn't get that side effect just a face full of zits!
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:59 am      Reply with quote
5000mcg for me for approx 6 months so far. No spots, less hair loss and existing hair is much thicker.
daydreamer
5% products discount

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 am      Reply with quote
You're so lucky. I could definitely see a difference in my hair but could cope with the teenage acne!
Moser1978
5% products discount

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also taking 10,000mcg and no problems yet.
thsizit

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking 5mg biotin for several months with no side effects but my hair is still thinning...I can't afford to lose much more as my hair is naturally baby fine and thin! Any suggestions??? Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lightly wet the cotton ball or pad, wring it out and then use it to apply your toner. Works perfectly to minimize waste! I *think* it was Nanci of NCN Proskincare who made this recommendation.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
My hair is fine too, but had strengthened my hair immensely. My hair is bouncy, thicker, shiny and no split-ends. I have very few hair fallouts in the bathtub when I shampoo my hair which is everyday. Here are some tips.

If you are blond, try Skin Biology "Folligen for blonds" (recommended by forum members who are blond), but if you have dark hair like me, use "Folligen Therapy Spray". You can also use "Folligen Hair & Scalp Nutrient Lotion" as well, but using these are messy, unlike the Folligen Therapy Spray (easier to apply). I have used both... Make sure that you also apply Emu oil after the treatment.

Since you are already taking some supplement of Biotin, you may want to eat more avocados (if they are available). They are essential fats to nourish hair.

A healthy diet rich in omega fats (and protein), like egg yorks, olive oil, salmon, mackerel are some list of important nutrients for hair.

I don't go to the spa at all.... but will always make some time to "take care of me"...
Once a week, I do my own hair treatment of almond oil with peppermint, OR, Coconut oil with Amla oil, OR pure Morrocan Algan oil, in the sauna. The oil is absorbed during sauna and after that, a light shampoo or sometimes, just rinse it with water depending on my mood at that time. You will benefit doing this if you do it on a regular basis, say, at least 1x a week or depending on you too.

Hope this helps Smile

thsizit wrote:
I have been taking 5mg biotin for several months with no side effects but my hair is still thinning...I can't afford to lose much more as my hair is naturally baby fine and thin! Any suggestions??? Sad
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I try to take Biotin with a B complex. Do you all also do the same?
Cat_eyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I take 5000 micrograms with B12. It has made a huge difference in my hair and skin. No spots and no breakouts.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |