Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Beauty Box Subscriptions - Thoughts?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried Birchbox, New Beauty Test Tube, etc? There's a bunch of these out there, but I've never tried any. The Birchbox looks like a bit of a ripoff and the New Beauty one looks better. I'm interested in possibly trying one of these services, but I don't want to end up with a bunch of samples each month that I don't really like.

If you've tried them, do you like it and do you feel it's worth the money?
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Whatever you decide on, make sure there's an easy way to unsubscribe. Like a button that you can click. Because I'm currently subscribed to Glymm, and you can cancel only via email, and I've emailed twice with no reply. I've been charged for another month after sending the emails.

That kind of hassle isn't worth it, especially since each box has at least one perfume spritzer (which counts as a deluxe sample).
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am subscribed to SkincareRX Beauty Cache,
it is a sampler and usually from $15-30 quarterly and they show you a picture of what you get and usually you get most of those items-but they do say items may be substituted.
-and they also send you a small mystery gift with your order.
I've gotten small perfume Harajuku lovers,a paul and joe nail polish, a travel candle in a glass jar worth $7....it is really random the extra gift.

I was also subscribed to Beautyfix and my sub ran out. I didn't renew cuz I'm trying to use up a lot of stuff.
But I do need a few items from Dermstore and you do get a coupon with Beautyfix...so might renew soon anyways.
If you prepay Beautyfix it is $150 for the year.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Test Tube from New Beauty.I LOVE the magazine, the Test Tube has been hit or miss. The first one was great - 2 skinceutical products, a lip color and other great items. the last one stunk. I got 2 netrogena products, jane iredale tantasia (I sell Jane so this wasn't exciting for me) and various other things. If the next tube has lots of drugstore brands I will cancel it and just get the magazine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
For many of these you can go on facebook and read subscriber complaints and praise. I see there are many glitches...one being months when the samples are skimpy. And sometimes people's cards are charged too far in advance of the product shipment.

Years ago New Beauty offered a magazine and a beauty box in Borders...they had full size or premium samples and it was really worth it. I'm sorry that was discontinued.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:29 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
I have the Test Tube from New Beauty.I LOVE the magazine, the Test Tube has been hit or miss. The first one was great - 2 skinceutical products, a lip color and other great items. the last one stunk. I got 2 netrogena products, jane iredale tantasia (I sell Jane so this wasn't exciting for me) and various other things. If the next tube has lots of drugstore brands I will cancel it and just get the magazine.

I actually liked the tube with the Neutrogena products.
The spf 25 eye hiliter is nice.
I was about to buy the body shop one or a similar product.
Around here just that is $20...

Tantasia sample is way too small to do anything with.
I also liked the hydroxatone product-it seems to work well on me.

Also if you use the $50 off 200 coupon from spalook it pays for more than the test tube!!!

Beautyfix from Dermstore is a good program too.
If you prepay it is $150 for the year instead of $200.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |