Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Small saggy bottom and ginormous thighs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
annaanna926
5% products discount

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have these huge gymnastic thighs, which make my butt look small in comparison. And, since I have been not working out in the past couple years, I have cellulite on my bums which are slightly almost square shaped and saggy as opposed to round and perky--yet after all these years I still have my horrendous gymnastic thighs. I know I have to exercise to better my bottom--however, is possible to LOSE muscle on the thighs and gain muscle on the butt? Sorry for the vivid imagery =(
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am blessed with very muscular thighs and arms as well. In college, I was always asked if I was a member of the gymnastics team...

What I have learned is this:

- No weight lifting with the legs whatsoever. I only use my body weight as resistance. Also avoid squats.

- Walking has kept my legs toned without adding bulk.

- Pilates would be good for you to try. Invest in a reformer or go to a pilates studio. You will not get the same results watching a video or doing pilates class in a regular gym. Go to someone trained in pilates.

Someone else can chime in about lifting the bum. But one other thing that I will say is this... at one time I hated my thighs. Now, I feel like they are one of my best features.

I hope that helps,

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
For the butt - Callanetics! Nothing ever worked like Callanetics for me.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yea, I make sure not to do any weight lifting with my legs and I avoid squats---even though they are said to be great for the bottom. What exactly callanetics---are there classes for that, or are they for at-home exercises?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:35 am      Reply with quote
They are an exercise program by the late Callen Pinkney that are pretty different from most other exercises. Do a search - there are a few threads on them here.

I do the exercises on the original 10 years in 10 hours video - not all of it, I just do a streamlined version that includes the butt exercises. I've never had anything work on my butt like these do, and FAST too!

They are difficult, but so worth it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
They are an exercise program by the late Callen Pinkney that are pretty different from most other exercises. Do a search - there are a few threads on them here.

I do the exercises on the original 10 years in 10 hours video - not all of it, I just do a streamlined version that includes the butt exercises. I've never had anything work on my butt like these do, and FAST too!

They are difficult, but so worth it.

She was a ballerina and took these exercises from standard Bar exercises for dancers. They will NOT bulk you up at all, as most dancers have the most beautiful long bodies!!! They are fantastic and I use to do them, and will be again, I had forgotten about these. They are the best body exercises I have ever done in the past. In short they work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Callanetics also tone up your inner lady parts - don't know how else to put that. You tighten up. Your husband will be very happy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Callanetics also tone up your inner lady parts - don't know how else to put that. You tighten up. Your husband will be very happy!

I never knew this part of it Laughing !! but win/win

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
at one time I hated my thighs. Now, I feel like they are one of my best features.

when i was younger i thought my thighs were my worst feature. I thought they were big...but now that i'm nearing my 30's i've noticed that my legs have become more toned and lost a lot of muscle and i now think its one of my better features. Now the weight is shifting in other parts of my body i'd rather it not shift to...like my belly! Mad

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |