Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
what salon treatments would you want?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I love this forum and value your opinions. I am a hairdresser and opening a new hair salon it will have a nail station and maybe some beauty treatments I am not sure. I want to be different (which I think I am anyway). What I would like to know is what do you always wish that a salon would do or perhaps its a treatment that you love but no one seems to offer, is it china cups and fresh smelling towels or do you just wish that they would turn the music down so you can relax. Is there a product that you would recommend perhaps a way of doing your nails or feet some little trick that nobody else knows. I would love some genuine honest feed back.
I love you guys so thank you.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
wine for your clients is always a nice touch Very Happy
Eyelash extensions are becoming more and more popular, perhaps that may be something to look into as well. A great eyebrow threader can be a bonus for the business too

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Paraffin treatments for your hands, massage chairs/footstools, wine, spa music and peace and quiet!!
That's my wish list! Laughing
My hairdresser always offers me the choice of a blow-out or keratin treatment after color/cut if I am going home. Love that!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'd love to see you offer a Chinese Foot Massage, and Prosecco

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I love massages and can offer a few tips.

Firstly if you are going to employ a masseuse employ one who looks strong and is well built so that they can really go deep in to the muscle when required. In my experience ladies who are skinny with limited muscle tone simply don't have the strength required to give a deep massage. Also they may possess boney fingers with small finger pads which is not so desirable when it comes to massages. It is possible that a man may be good from the strength point of view however I have never had a massage from a man so cannot say for sure and furthermore I think a man giving me a massage may make me, and I am sure other women too, feel a bit uncomfortable. I do not however think it is the same the other way round. In fact I think most men would rather have a woman massage them!

Secondly I believe that there is a link between the level of massage performance and maturity so try and go for someone well in to their 20's at least.

Lastly invest in a good massage table. I have been to too many salons where I have had a great massage but it seems like they have tried to cut costs by opting for a cheap massage table where ones head is half in a hole lined with barely any padding making it hard to get comfortable. This situation can ultimately defeat the point of the massage plus you come away with marks on your face.

I hope this is helpful advice. I know the first two tips are politically incorrect and there are always exceptions but generally I do believe that they are true.

I am currently going to a chinese accupressure place for my massages. It is well priced, local with no pretence. The people in the shop speak very little English so there is no conversation involved either. I simply pay up and go downstairs to a plain room with a massage table in it. There is always some generic Chinese music playing in the corridor. The masseur can say very few words in English so we don't really talk but she is a wonderful masseuse. I have told her this. I hope she understands!
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 am      Reply with quote
HI BCgirl.
I normally serve wine, I have looked for a threader I am originally from the UK and always had my brows threaded. Can't find anyone in Kelowna that does this but will keep searching. Always have the latest mags.
Thank you so much for the help

BCgirl wrote:
wine for your clients is always a nice touch Very Happy
Eyelash extensions are becoming more and more popular, perhaps that may be something to look into as well. A great eyebrow threader can be a bonus for the business too
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 am      Reply with quote
All covered I trained at Vidal Sassoon in London so most of this is pretty standard,
But thank you so much
AnnieR wrote:
Paraffin treatments for your hands, massage chairs/footstools, wine, spa music and peace and quiet!!
That's my wish list! Laughing
My hairdresser always offers me the choice of a blow-out or keratin treatment after color/cut if I am going home. Love that!
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I have never even heard of a Chinese foot massage. Sounds wonderful.
Can you tell me anymore please.
mogulicious wrote:
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Thank you that is so helpful, I haven't got a beauty room so can only carry out small treatments. But I totally agree about cheap chairs and massage table. I have spent most of my budget on my basins super comfy pods that do shiatsu massage I can actually fall a sleep in them they are so comfy. The last salon I worked in the basins were so uncomfortable that I couldn't have my hair done there and if I couldn't use them why should my clients. It is my personnel bugbear that people make salons look fancy and then buy cheap uncomfortable chairs. When you think that a color takes around four hours. It is just so important. Thank you so much for taking the time to input.
Moon wrote:
I love massages and can offer a few tips.

Firstly if you are going to employ a masseuse employ one who looks strong and is well built so that they can really go deep in to the muscle when required. In my experience ladies who are skinny with limited muscle tone simply don't have the strength required to give a deep massage. Also they may possess boney fingers with small finger pads which is not so desirable when it comes to massages. It is possible that a man may be good from the strength point of view however I have never had a massage from a man so cannot say for sure and furthermore I think a man giving me a massage may make me, and I am sure other women too, feel a bit uncomfortable. I do not however think it is the same the other way round. In fact I think most men would rather have a woman massage them!

Secondly I believe that there is a link between the level of massage performance and maturity so try and go for someone well in to their 20's at least.

Lastly invest in a good massage table. I have been to too many salons where I have had a great massage but it seems like they have tried to cut costs by opting for a cheap massage table where ones head is half in a hole lined with barely any padding making it hard to get comfortable. This situation can ultimately defeat the point of the massage plus you come away with marks on your face.

I hope this is helpful advice. I know the first two tips are politically incorrect and there are always exceptions but generally I do believe that they are true.

I am currently going to a chinese accupressure place for my massages. It is well priced, local with no pretence. The people in the shop speak very little English so there is no conversation involved either. I simply pay up and go downstairs to a plain room with a massage table in it. There is always some generic Chinese music playing in the corridor. The masseur can say very few words in English so we don't really talk but she is a wonderful masseuse. I have told her this. I hope she understands!
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
woodywoodside wrote:
I have never even heard of a Chinese foot massage. Sounds wonderful.
Can you tell me anymore please.
mogulicious wrote:

DH & I had these in China, they focus mainly on the feet & calves but do include back and shoulders. We were not on massage tables but were seated - there are several videos on youtube.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Those gel or jello like water pedicures are the bomb! Offering those would be great..and also a foot rub for a dollar a minute when you get your pedicure.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
woodywoodside: You can offer a shampoo service with head/back massage. Or a manicure with hand massage included or a pedicure with feet massage included Smile Often times you don't see these, but common in Asia.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Manicure/pedicure.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |