Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OSEA
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tselle1
5% products discount

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
OSEA Malibu is one of my all time favorite lines out there. It was founded by Jenefer Palmer and is a Marine based skin care line created out of Malibu California. It is an all natural product and when you use it you feel rejuvenated and clean.
I have dry skin... It is really hard for me to keep it up and to feel any kind of moisture. So, at lest once a week I exfoliate with the Undaria Body Polish. Then, when my skin is still wet and I get out of the bath or shower, I will mix the Ocean Lotion and Undaria Algae Oil. You dont need too much just about a pump of each. Undaria Algae blocks the enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid. It is amazing because OSEA has so many products that contain this oil. My favorite creme in the planet is the Advanced Protection Cream. I use it at night and when I wake up my skin is dewy and plump! My second favorite is the Essential Hydrating Oil. I love the hydration it gives me, but the natural germicidal effect is my favorite part, because it leaves me feeling hydrated but not greasy! I love referring every product to my clients, but everyone that I have introduced the White Algae Mask to can not thank me enough... it is heavenly and the best quick fix for a radiant glow. Hope you fall in love with the line as much as I have!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hey, I am the Osea superfan here on EDS, so glad you discovered it!

It is the line I continually return to after being momentarily distracted by skincare bells and whistles. It's been my core product range since 1995, and I have the lineless, poreless, taut skin at 36 to show for it!

I'm really hoping that I didn't just jinx myself there and that the products will continue to help me look youthful and more radiant. I'm wearing just the Advanced Protection Cream today with a light dusting of Amazing Cosmetics powder, and someone already commented on how my skin glowed. Love love love it.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I might have to try this... I was interested in the Corrective Serum, but once Avalange mentioned that it contains less tea tree oil, I'm not so sure I want to spend $45 for 2oz.
By the way, Jenefer Palmer is mentioned in this article, which is quite interesting (actually, disturbing to me... I am a clean freak and close to being a germophobe):
http://nymag.com/thecut/2010/11/a_rising_number_of_rebels_are.html
Quote:
Jenefer Palmer, 55, chief executive of organic skin-care line Osea, "showers 'no more than three times a week,' she said, and less if she hasn’t been 'working out vigorously.'"
She contends that a soapy washcloth under her arms, between her legs and under her feet is all she needs to get “really clean.” On the go, underarm odor is wiped away with a sliced lemon.

Please don't tell me the secret to youthful skin is letting germs and oils have a party on my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:10 am      Reply with quote
I have just ordered some Osea, the sample kit. I really want to try the Advanced Protection Cream which is in this kit.

Hope my skin likes it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
I might have to try this... I was interested in the Corrective Serum, but once Avalange mentioned that it contains less tea tree oil, I'm not so sure I want to spend $45 for 2oz.
By the way, Jenefer Palmer is mentioned in this article, which is quite interesting (actually, disturbing to me... I am a clean freak and close to being a germophobe):
Quote:
Jenefer Palmer, 55, chief executive of organic skin-care line Osea, "showers 'no more than three times a week,' she said, and less if she hasn’t been 'working out vigorously.'"
She contends that a soapy washcloth under her arms, between her legs and under her feet is all she needs to get “really clean.” On the go, underarm odor is wiped away with a sliced lemon.

Please don't tell me the secret to youthful skin is letting germs and oils have a party on my skin.

Haha, she's from Malibu where they have no pollution. I don't think she would be able to sustain this routine in Mexico City, for example. I heard once she swims in the ocean a lot, too. Who knows? I also wear no deodorant and subscribe to at least one of these shocking methods of cleaning without soap (take your guess!). I never have body odor or any other problems. But I totally also subscribe to the 'more germs you expose yourself to, probably the better' theory of life. I'll eat something that falls on the floor, etc. I'm very clean though, swear!

Sorry if that was too much information.

Back to Osea--I've emailed them about my corrective complex. I have to say that in the past (I've used up like 10 bottles at least) it has been extremely effective and definitely worth the $$. It also lasts at least an entire year with daily use. I think the idea behind it is that only oil can penetrate oil, and water cannot. So concentrating so many anti-bacterial essential oils in a carrier oil base is actually the best way to heal and cleanse acne deeply. I typically have used the oil 10-15 times daily on a spot, in any stage of development, and it would usually go away completely in about a day, maximum two for the "hormonal" kind of zit. But this time, it wouldn't work and my zits would just stay there for like 3-4 days, even longer. Frustrating! I ended up popping a couple of them and now I have some acne scars for the first time in my entire life. I need to figure out how to get them to fade, in fact!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
tselle1
5% products discount

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
I have just ordered some Osea, the sample kit. I really want to try the Advanced Protection Cream which is in this kit.

Hope my skin likes it!

~Yes, you will love it! The Atmosphere protection cream is nice for the day time as well.. Good Luck!!
tselle1
5% products discount

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Hey, I am the Osea superfan here on EDS, so glad you discovered it!

It is the line I continually return to after being momentarily distracted by skincare bells and whistles. It's been my core product range since 1995, and I have the lineless, poreless, taut skin at 36 to show for it!

I'm really hoping that I didn't just jinx myself there and that the products will continue to help me look youthful and more radiant. I'm wearing just the Advanced Protection Cream today with a light dusting of Amazing Cosmetics powder, and someone already commented on how my skin glowed. Love love love it.

--avalange

~I am so happy you are a fellow OSEA obsess-er!! I do the same thing as you... I try other products and ALWAYS go back to them. I have heard so many stories like that too! And dont worry, I dont think you can jinx yourself with the kind of ingredients they use!! Take care! Very Happy
tselle1
5% products discount

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
/a_rising_number_of_rebels_are.html
Quote:

Haha, she's from Malibu where they have no pollution. I don't think she would be able to sustain this routine in Mexico City, for example. I heard once she swims in the ocean a lot, too. Who knows? I also wear no deodorant and subscribe to at least one of these shocking methods of cleaning without soap (take your guess!). I never have body odor or any other problems. But I totally also subscribe to the 'more germs you expose yourself to, probably the better' theory of life. I'll eat something that falls on the floor, etc. I'm very clean though, swear!

Sorry if that was too much information.

Back to Osea--I've emailed them about my corrective complex. I have to say that in the past (I've used up like 10 bottles at least) it has been extremely effective and definitely worth the $$. It also lasts at least an entire year with daily use. I think the idea behind it is that only oil can penetrate oil, and water cannot. So concentrating so many anti-bacterial essential oils in a carrier oil base is actually the best way to heal and cleanse acne deeply. I typically have used the oil 10-15 times daily on a spot, in any stage of development, and it would usually go away completely in about a day, maximum two for the "hormonal" kind of zit. But this time, it wouldn't work and my zits would just stay there for like 3-4 days, even longer. Frustrating! I ended up popping a couple of them and now I have some acne scars for the first time in my entire life. I need to figure out how to get them to fade, in fact!

--avalange

~You are on the right track... Oil attracts oil so it is good you are using the corrective complex. Sometimes it is internal factors for why we sometimes heal more slowly at certain times than others. Have you tried it since?? Try the Red Algae mask!!
Thanks for the response!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
Quote:

Haha, she's from Malibu where they have no pollution. I don't think she would be able to sustain this routine in Mexico City, for example. I heard once she swims in the ocean a lot, too.

--avalange

Beaches in Malibu are rated anywhere between A and F for water quality depending on which ones your at. They are tested for total coliform, fecal coliform or E. coli and enterococcus bacteria. I would be careful where I swim there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I know, but it really depends WHERE in Malibu you are from... I meant air pollution by the way.
But Honestly. Over by Cross Creek down to Topanga, surfers regularly get staph infections in their throats. It's disgusting! But over by the private houses north of Morningside, the water is actually quite clean.

BUT I wouldn't stick my little toe in the ocean at a public beach in Malibu, to be sure!!!

--avalange

CookieD wrote:
avalange wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
Quote:

Haha, she's from Malibu where they have no pollution. I don't think she would be able to sustain this routine in Mexico City, for example. I heard once she swims in the ocean a lot, too.

--avalange

Beaches in Malibu are rated anywhere between A and F for water quality depending on which ones your at. They are tested for total coliform, fecal coliform or E. coli and enterococcus bacteria. I would be careful where I swim there.

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
By the by, I ordered a Red algae mask along with my APC and will give a full review very soon.

--avalange

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
By the by, I ordered a Red algae mask along with my APC and will give a full review very soon.

--avalange

Great. Can't wait. The best OSEA reviews ever.

As I think back - I didn't do anything special with regards to skincare in my 30's and my skin was wonderful. I remember frequently being asked what I did to not have wrinkles under my eyes... I didn't even give the big world of skincare a thought until about 5 years ago.... now in my early 50's it's my main thought, hobby, obsession :lol. I found the APC to be outstanding. I would never have tried it if not for Avalange.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
That's so funny, sister sweets!

I do get asked that question about the eyes often. Here's hoping that years of investing in Osea's Eyes and Lips shall keep it that way (fingers crossed)!

--avalange

sister sweets wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange

As I think back - I didn't do anything special with regards to skincare in my 30's and my skin was wonderful. I remember frequently being asked what I did to not have wrinkles under my eyes... I didn't even give the big world of skincare a thought until about 5 years ago.... now in my early 50's it's my main thought, hobby, obsession :lol. I found the APC to be outstanding. I would never have tried it if not for Avalange.

skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Same here, wouldn't have known of Osea without avalange . I am going on my 5th?? year of using APC and still going strong. I use it at night but alternate with other moisturizers from Shiseido, Garden of Wisdom and Ahava. A jar of APC lasts me forever since I add a little water to my hand first and this makes it spread to easier on the skin. I also only wash my face and moisturize once a day since that is all I need. I am also still using the Osea Eyes & Lips but when I get lazy, I just use the APC all over.

sister sweets wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Would this product line be benefical to post menopausal skin that is deeply lined with sagging jowls? Thanks
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think anyone would gain benefit from using the APC (Advanced). I don't know if any topical will really help your sagging jowls, but the cream definitely firms up the skin, gives it a lovely glow, and softens lines.

My 80 year old grandma loves it, but her skin is still lineless and perky. I marvel at how gorgeous it is!

--avalange

stovetop wrote:
Would this product line be benefical to post menopausal skin that is deeply lined with sagging jowls? Thanks

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks avalange - I can't imagine being 80 and lineless and perky - what other OSEA products does she use and what other secrets does she have?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

She only has used what I've bought for her, hence APC and the creamy cleanser. And she's only used a couple of jars, so I think it's safe to say that her amazing skin is genetic. Wish I could tell you it's the Osea, but she does love the line as much as I do!

--avalange

stovetop wrote:
Thanks avalange - I can't imagine being 80 and lineless and perky - what other OSEA products does she use and what other secrets does she have?

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
avalange - Thanks for the info - I have decided to order a kit from EDS. i have both Sensitive Skin and Normal/Dry - any idea which kit I should use? Could I also have your opinion of the Eye Products?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop - I've come to know (probably like you) that topicals can only do so much. I have used many things and I've come to appreciate the basics - do know harm, health first. APC feels good and I think I look good using it. Smile My primary product for youthenizing is Ageless Secret Gold ~ five sprays... Afterward I use NCN dna - allow to sink in and then put on APC as a healthy topical. It's a lovely product. I started with the travel set and bought the full-size . I think it will last a long time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone try or regularly use the Sea Minerals or Vitamin Boost? Addition of a spray to my routine has made the single most noticable difference in my skin, I would like to try Oseas since I love their other products (thanks Avalange!!). I'm ordering the red one, but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with these.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Ava,
Yes I tried the Vitamin Boost (red one). I really did not notice any difference at all. Sad

I had same results by using just a plain hydrosol.

Hope that helps,

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
No worries! At least you are honest Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I also used the sea vitamin boost. Did nothing and smelled terrible! I had hopes for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Ocean lotion and Undaria Algae oil. Love them both. Been using for over a year and it helps my dry skin on the legs so much.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |