Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermaplaning & Glycolic Acid Peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Paluk

Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and wanted to see what everyone thinks about dermaplaning and glycolic acid peel together, specifically for icepick/boxcar scars. Also, I want to apologize in advance if this subject has been brought up before. I tried searching for it already but found nothing :\

About two weeks ago, I did dermaplaning on myself by using the Personna Eyebrow Shaper. I thought the results were FANTASTIC (apart from getting scratched up by the corner of the blade, which I've found is important to dull down before dermaplaning, obviously). Apart from the scratches skin looked brighter, way more even and felt incredibly smooth. The two larger acne scars on my forehead even seemed to be a little more shallow afterwards. Even some of my hyperpigmentation has lightened up significantly. Definitely something I want to keep doing to see where it goes.

Just recently, however, I've read about glycolic acid's benefits for acne scarring. Particularly 70% glycolic acid peels, which I'm most interested in right now. It sounds like quite a few people have really benefited from it.

I know that dermaplaning and glycolic peels are often used in professional practice, but what about doing them at home? Any opinions on the safety/efficacy of doing dermaplaning and 70% glycolic acid peel for atrophic acne scarring?

Also, I use a 1.0mm dermaroller every week. When I had done the dermaplaning, I rolled right afterwards with no problem at all. Could a glycolic peel be incorporated in with this or would it be best to leave out dermarolling for a separate session from the peel?

I'd love to hear what you all have to say. Thanks! Very Happy
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Paluk wrote:

I know that dermaplaning and glycolic peels are often used in professional practice, but what about doing them at home? Any opinions on the safety/efficacy of doing dermaplaning and 70% glycolic acid peel for atrophic acne scarring?

Also, I use a 1.0mm dermaroller every week. When I had done the dermaplaning, I rolled right afterwards with no problem at all. Could a glycolic peel be incorporated in with this or would it be best to leave out dermarolling for a separate session from the peel?D

Hi Paluk and welcome to the EDS. Unfortunately I don't know anything about dermaplaning. I have used glycolic peels in the past with good results but although I have acne I have never had any long term scaring from it so I don't have any personal experience with that issue. You might want to check into TCA peels. Those are stronger then glycolic peels and you really need to read up on them before you do one but you can get good results from them.

In the above statement you say you are using a 1.0 mm dermaroller once a week. That is way to often in my opinion. You are not giving the skin a chance to grow collagen before wounding it again. Most of the dermarolling advice say to wait 4 to 6 weeks between treatments. Below is a link that Bethany started with lots of information about dermarolling protocols. It might be a good idea to read some of it. Sometimes we can hurt our skin more then we help it by doing too much. There is also a really long thread about dermarolling below. Good luck.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had often read that once a week with 1mm was fine, but I definitely understand what you mean with doing it too frequently. Thank you very much, CookieD!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |