Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Miconazole Nitrate for hair loss?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the girlie girlie cream! Has anyone tried it? I've read things about it online, but am curious if anyone had tried it. I'm shedding a ton and am wondering if it's worth the effort.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I also know many people who use it for hair growth but I personally do not think it's a good idea. I even stopped using it for yeast infections over 20 years ago because it became clear to me that steroid creams do not really CURE but more like put a bandaid on a problem and make you need more of them the next time the issue arises. Plus I found more natural and sure ways of treating yeast infections.

Even if I didn't have a problem with steroid creams, I do not think one should use a medicine for anything else except to treat the problem for which it is made. MN is supposed to treat fungal infections. So using it on your scalp when you don't have a fungal problem I consider a bad idea.

Another thing I keep reading is people freaking out because of shedding hair. Hair is SUPPOSED shed if you have normal hair growth. At least 50-100 hairs a day is normal. The only time shedding should freak you out if it's more than that or if your hair is thinning and you're seeing bald spots. In that case, maybe this website can help: http://www.add-hair.com/hair-loss-causes.htm

I did once have a bald spot that might've been from stress or food sensitivities and I did regrow my hair back with an essential oil concoction that is posted in various places online. I share photos of the results I got in a discussion about the results of that concoction: http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1990018252/m/9170088235
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Steroid? It's an anti-fungal agent, I thought. I just googled it and found nothing about steroids, unless they were a word that I didn't understand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Steroid? It's an anti-fungal agent, I thought. I just googled it and found nothing about steroids, unless they were a word that I didn't understand.

Immacolata you're right MN is not a steroid. I just remember back when I had systemic candidiasis and used antifungal creams, hydrocortisones were part of the formula along with MN and it seems I just got used to lumping the two together. I stand corrected.

Still steroid or not, I don't think a fungal medicine should be used as a hair growth aid. It may be used if someone has a fungal scalp condition, but personally I'd opt for caprylic acid and coconut oil instead if I had a fungal problem.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut oil is awesome for the hair. I moisturize my ends with it every day. Castor oil is great too. About twice a month I oil my scalp using castor oil with rosemary or tea tree, cover it with a plastic cap and a towel, and leave it in all night. I used to have problems with itching and flakes - now my scalp is clean and healthy!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I remember a doctor on the radio once saying that if hair is shedding more than usual, think back to some time previously.
Were you ill? Did you have a bad shock? Were you going through a particularly stressful time?
'For some reason we don't understand,' he explained. 'Hair doesn't fall out at the time, only later. But eventually the body adjusts and shedding returns to normal.'
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing. I'll check out that essential oil blend.

My hair has been shedding due (I believe) to multiple surgeries as well as an autoimmune disorder. I wasn't worried at first because I had such thick hair, but I'm down to about 2/3 of the hair left, lost over the last 3 years. My mom was also really thin on top, so I'm worried my health sped up the inevitable. I've added biotin, folic acid and biosil at my doctors recommendation, but I think it's only slowed down my shedding.

I'm getting nervous....
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
tanyasusie wrote:

My hair has been shedding due (I believe) to multiple surgeries as well as an autoimmune disorder. I wasn't worried at first because I had such thick hair, but I'm down to about 2/3 of the hair left, lost over the last 3 years. My mom was also really thin on top, so I'm worried my health sped up the inevitable. I've added biotin, folic acid and biosil at my doctors recommendation, but I think it's only slowed down my shedding.

I'm getting nervous....

Aww...try not to stress too much tanyasusie as that won't help. Because you mention an autoimmune disease, you reminded me of a friend of mine with Lupus. After trying a garlic supplement I sing praises about (although I take it not for hair growth or treatment of hair loss, but just as a great immunity booster), she reported that it curbed her hair loss and thanked me kindly. So perhaps you could give that a shot too. Garlic is good for your blood system too. Here's the supplement I love: http://www.enzymatictherapy.com/products/Heart/Cholesterol/08503-Garlinase-Fresh.aspx?utm_source=301-redirect&utm_content=www-kwaigarlic-com
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
tanyasusie wrote:

I'm getting nervous....

Aww...try not to stress too much tanyasusie as that won't help. Because you mention an autoimmune disease, you reminded me of a friend of mine with Lupus. After trying a garlic supplement I sing praises about (although I take it not for hair growth or treatment of hair loss, but just as a great immunity booster), she reported that it curbed her hair loss and thanked me kindly. So perhaps you could give that a shot too. Garlic is good for your blood system too. Here's the supplement I love: http://www.enzymatictherapy.com/products/Heart/Cholesterol/08503-Garlinase-Fresh.aspx?utm_source=301-redirect&utm_content=www-kwaigarlic-com

I have lupus, so I will definitely try the garlic. I try not to stress, but honestly having already lost my breasts (genetic defect that causes cancer), even with recontruction I can't stand the thought of dealing with another area of my looks getting hit. I knows I should be grateful for my health. If nothing else at least I don't have wrinkles.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:16 am      Reply with quote
tanyasusie -
I was so sorry to read about your health problems, and I hope the worse is behind you and you can concentrate now on building up your strength and getting better.
I've heard that enzymes, especially protease, are helpful during convalescence, but I can't speak from experience.
You might be interested in an article that appeared in yesterday's Daily Mail. It's about the effect that certain drugs have on hair loss.
The good news is that the hair loss is never permanent.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2214841/Bad-hair-day-Blame-medicine.html
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |