Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Washing face after Rolling or Applying topical immediately?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
IK237

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I have ordered my first dermaroller; 1.5mm and should be rolling by this weekend.

However I was reading various techniques on many websites regarding washing the face after using the Dermaroll and many state that the face should be washed with cold water. This doesn't make sense to me as pores would tighten and one of the advantages of dermarolling is the absorption of topicals. So I contacted some of the websites on this issue and here is what they have to say:

dermaroller-planet-

"Splashing your face with cold water acts as a toner as the cold temperature encourages the pores within the skin to tighten.

I would recommend washing your face with warm water to relax the skin and open the pores and patting it ( do not rub or drag) dry with a clean, warm towel, before applying a cream or topical. This will ensure maximum effectiveness of the topical on the skin"

white lotus anti-aging-

"Thank you for your email. We always recommend using a non toxic cleanser
before skin needling. We do not recommend washing after skin needling at
all due to dangers of increased transdermal absorption. You are best
applying nothing after needling than the wrong product as it enters the
bloodstream and increases side effects.
We have our range of natural serums that enhance the treatments and
prevent side effects they are the only products we recommend or using
nothing. I hope this helps."

dermaroller-store UK-

"We advise washing the face to keep everything clean and sterile.

However, if you prefer not to or you would rather cleanse your skin in some
other way after rolling, that's entirely personal choice. "

As you can see; all have conflicting advice but it sounds like white lotus anti-aging is very serious about this issue but is also trying to sell me their product.

This has made me more confused on what I should do. What do you guys do after Dermarolling? Apply a chosen topical immediately or wash your face?

Thanks
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:32 am      Reply with quote
You aren’t actually getting conflicting advice here, but they’re all saying the same thing. I.e. should you wash you rface with cold water.

Cold water doesn’t actually close the pores, in fact there’s very few things that can do this. Our pores aren’t doors that swing open/shut, to really tighten pores you have to use remodelling agents like Retin A.

Dermarollers are great for increasing the penetration, but I think they have misunderstood what you are asking.

Example:

dermaroller-planet- recommend washing your face with warm water to relax the skin and open the pores and patting it ( do not rub or drag) dry with a clean, warm towel, before applying a cream or topical. This will ensure maximum effectiveness of the topical on the skin"
white lotus anti-aging- using a non toxic cleanser before skin needling.
dermaroller-store UK- "We advise washing the face to keep everything clean and sterile.

All are advising you to clean your face prior to derma rolling and White Lotus is saying do it before not after.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I wipe my face after rolling with a clean cotton ball moistened with sterile saline solution to wipe off any oozing of serous fluid. Then I will apply my topicals within an hour after doing this and before the channels start to close up.

Before rolling, I wash my face and then wipe with alcohol to make sure it is sterile.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I wipe my face after rolling with a clean cotton ball moistened with sterile saline solution to wipe off any oozing of serous fluid. Then I will apply my topicals within an hour after doing this and before the channels start to close up.

Before rolling, I wash my face and then wipe with alcohol to make sure it is sterile.

I thought that channels close within 15 minutes, not an hour.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
You might have newer info than I have. From what I remember, though, it was said they close within 1 hour. I know that when I've put my topicals on at the hour mark I can really feel them going in! (More than normal, for sure).

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Before rolling, I wash my face as well
HiveQueen

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
White lotus might not be a great source of reliable info.
I cant link but
owndoc dot com/dermarolling/white-lotus-breast-enhancement-scam/
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |