Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Stress affect on skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
afshispeaks

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Why does stress affect my skin?
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Stress activates the stress hormones that produces a fight or flight syndrome. As long as this happens every now and again it will not impact your skin and is a normal part of life. However chronic stress means that these hormones are being continually released and this ages not only the skin but every single organ in our body.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I mean to say "as long as this happens every now and again it will not age your skin." It may impact your skin in other ways though such as spots, excema etc. The reason for this is debatable but I believe it is because stress is a toxin to the body so as with other toxins the body tries to eliminate it through the skin in different ways. It may also be that stress weakens the body's ability to cope with certain things so that the rash or spot is technically caused by a food or substance but your body is sensitive to this because of the stress. That is a pretty holistic view... a doctor may have another theory for the reason it effects your skin.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I disagree, I think stress is well documented for effecting people and badly not just skin wise but also general health too. Whilst its easy to say that it will not effect your skin every now and again, I think that very much depends on person concerned. Not all of us respond identically to anything. Example my sister went through a messy divorce and her skin suffered so much. When my son went off to university he had major skin issues. I think its how our bodies cope with the stress that’s the crucial factor!
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:50 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I disagree, I think stress is well documented for effecting people and badly not just skin wise but also general health too. Whilst its easy to say that it will not effect your skin every now and again, I think that very much depends on person concerned. Not all of us respond identically to anything. Example my sister went through a messy divorce and her skin suffered so much. When my son went off to university he had major skin issues. I think its how our bodies cope with the stress that’s the crucial factor!

Hi TheresaMary, Please don't get me wrong I know stress affects the skin. But as I said above occasional stress (e.g. exam stress, cat dying, too much school work) is not enough to cause premature aging. These less drawn out stresses are very often enough to cause other skin complaints though. Sorry to hear about your sister. My friend's mum left her husband 10 years ago and the divorce process was so long and drawn out it definitely took it's toll on her face and body. She is only in her 50's but is being treated for arthritis probably caused by all the stress!
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Try to read Dr. Howard Murads The Water secret and
Dr. Amy Wreschler The mind body connection - everything you need to know about how stress affects your skin and great advice on skincare.

5% products discount

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:28 am      Reply with quote
yes it does effect. Stress has many effects on your mind and body.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |