Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Went a little overboard with retinol...in need of some help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Against my better judgement (really, I should have known better), I went a little overboard with my new retinol cream (Green Cream bought from EDS). My cheeks feel like they are on fire. Really. I'm not exagerating.

Can anyone provide advice as to how to baby my skin back to health? I know to lay off the retinol for a few nights until it gets better, but should I also be avoiding my Clarisonic? And what about makeup?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Emu oil and time are the only solution. It is a natural anti-inflamatory that I am a big fan of- it tends to be too heavy for me unless I have abused some sort of topical and need protection.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Apply an ointment that contains hydrocortisone. Hydrocortisone is widely available in many anti-itch and anti-inflammatory products at the drugstore. It works almost immediately. For example, Preparation H Anti-Itch Cream Hydrocortisone 1%. Be careful to use it only occasionally only when your cheeks are really burning.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:01 am      Reply with quote
The same thing happened to me with Green Cream, but it was mostly my cheekbones and temples.

Must admit it took ages to calm down. I stopped everything (personally I would not be using a clarisonic on it)

I didn't use any actives at all for at least 2 weeks and just used cerave for moisture.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Except make-up, I would stop everything else while my skin heals back to normal. But make-up should be "light" just to camouflage those areas. We still want to look beautiful Smile

gottaHAVEitALL wrote:
Can anyone provide advice as to how to baby my skin back to health? I know to lay off the retinol for a few nights until it gets better, but should I also be avoiding my Clarisonic? And what about makeup?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
That totally happened to me when i used Perfect Complexions retinol peel. I applied WAY too much and emailed the owner, Julie Robbins. She advised me to get Neosporin and apply it. I got the Neosporin with pain relief too. It helped me a lot and after a week, my skin was back and lovelier than before. I would say definitely no to the Clarisonic or any other kind of exfoliating treatment, the retinol is already sloughing skin off. Just the neosporin and a plain cream with no actives (i used garden of wisdom base cream at the time). And definitely stay out of the sun and florescent lighting also, it emits UV as well as those energy saving light bulbs. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
stop use the cream ,use some aloe vera gel to let the skin cool down...
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I did a lactic/salys peel last night and am a little rosey. I used Special Cleansing Gel from Dermalogica and a non-active moisturizer (All Sensitive) from Aveda. Hopefully things will calm down by tomorrow!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I did not do well on Green Cream at all. Level six did nothing but level nine was major irritation.

It took weeks to calm down. I went back to basics - just gentle cleansing and moisturizing. I do wear mineral makeup and was ok with that.

I would not use a Clarisonic or anything that exfoliates.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
If you are in the UK bepanthen the baby butt cream is fantastic for this (done it myself a few times so know what your going though).

Biafine is also good, available in the US and France. La Roche-Posey also does a thermal water mist with selenium which I really like if I fry my skin with retin a I just use a mild cleanser and then mist my face and slather on bepanthen for a few days and it makes a big differance.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |