Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Advice on regiment for acne, clogged pores & uneven tone
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Ok, after much research, this is what I came up with for a new regiment. Since puberty, I've struggled with acne (blackheads, pimples, cysts)that did not respond to any treantment, very oily skin, enlarged and clogged pores, and with the damage, more and more acne scars and red marks left behind. I'm 25 now. Since starting at home chemical peels 2 years ago, i've finally gotten through that seemingly permanent layer of grime and unclogged my pores, making them appear smaller, reduced my scars considerably, and smoothed out the texture of my skin. I have my oily skin pretty much under control. The clarisonic helps me maintain the results quite a bit. But my skin is still far from perfect.

Although I've transformed the texture of my skin (running a finger across my face used to feel like an oily orange peel, now its as smooth as real skin!) I'm not satisfied with the appearance. My skin tone is still very uneven, plagued with red marks and pink patches, and my acne persists. Also, without regular chemical peels my pores quickly get clogged up again. Overall, my skin still looks dull and blotchy.

One of the very few things that have been effective on my skin in AHA. My skin is also difficult to exfoliate and can take a lot of mechanical treatment.

So this is it so far:

Regimen:
AM :
Gentle natural cleanser + Clarisonic
PTR 10% Glycolic toner
PSF Vitamin C + Feurlic acid serum
Sillicone-free Moisturizer
Make-up (minimal)

PM:
Gentle exfoliating cleanser + Clarisonic
PTR 10% Glycolic toner
PTR AHA/BHA acne clearing gel
TANDA Blue light (alternative to BP)
TANDA Red light (2x/week)
Philosophy Help me with Retinol (3x/week) (except 3 days prior to IPL)
Murad Lightening Serum with 2% hydroquinone (4/week) (except 3 days prior to IPL)
Sillicone-free Moisturizer or night crème

Extra Treatments:
4 IPL sessions, 4 weeks apart
1 Microdermabrasion during first IPL treatment
Jessner (with or without 15%TCA, at home), in between IPL treatments
DDF 10% Sulphur clay mask (when skin feels oily, spot treatment)

(some of these products I already have, like clarisonic, glycolic toner, sulphur mask chemical peels and philosophy help me. my IPL treatments and microdermabrasion are paid for (groupon) and start in a couple weeks)

Is this too much? I want to be agressive about this and finally get nice skin before the summer! (I know I should see a dermatologist but even in a private clinic it takes months to see one and you need a referal)

Thoughts?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
How long have you been using AHA?
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi vienna_h Smile (in my point of view), I think you are doing too much on your skin all at once. The fact that you use all of these to get that perfect skin.

One of the things that you may want to consider first is use Retin-A, a good product to improve/get rid of acne/pimples. It is a prescription medication here in Canada (don't know where you live). I read somewhere here on this forum as well that you buy Retin-A online at alldaychemist.com but not sure if you need a prescription for this...or some other online drug websites.... Not familiar with drug websites...

Once your acne/pimples cleared, then, you may want to tackle your blackheads next. Using clarisonic is a good idea to clean the pores with gentle cleanser that you currently have now. For those stubborn blackheads and hard to get rid of, you may want to use clay masque or anything similar masque OR invest in extraction tools that remove blackheads without damaging your skin. Please don't poke with your fingers, not a good idea.

Once your blackheads are minimal or gone, then you can try exfoliation then, to improve smoothness of your skin. Then after, whatever creams that you may want to incorporate with this.

I hope this helps in your journey to find that perfect skin. We all want that for sure Smile Smile Smile

Good luck! Smile
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback Very Happy !!

AHAs - I've been using DDF 10% glycolic toner for over a couple years (now discontinued so I ordered the PTR version, excited to try it, hope its as good as DDF). I use it very rarely though, considering that one bottle lasted me over two years! Maybe once or twice a week on average. But I use it more regularily before a chemical peel to prepare my skin.

I have an extrator and I do use it... probably too much Embarassed

I should note I have not yet started the regimen i posted. It's a tentative regimen! I think I might wait for the Vit C...? It seems the least "important".

I'm also not good at using things regularily:oops: , I usually play it by ear, depending what I feel my skin "needs" at that moment, so I admit my regimen looks quite intesive but realistically, I doubt I'll ever actually get all that stuff in in one day.

I have calling my derms office regularily to try and book an appointment but I always get the machine ad no one calls me back Mad . In Quebec, its almost a year wait to see a derm, and that's with a referal! To see a private one is only a couple months, usually also requires a referal though. (I had a derm who's waiting time wasn't as long, but he past away, and I don't like the new derm my GP refered me too, but I have no choice... so I will keep calling) ANYWAYS! Hopefully I get an appointment before the new year... lol. I'm a little sketched out about buying percription-strength medication online to be honest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi vienna_h Smile

The extractors are great tools. I've used them on my mom's removal of milia, but these are also good for blackheads/pimples removal too. Be cautious though and make sure that these are sterilized. Alcohol to clean the area first and betadyne after to avoid contamination. They will heal better.

I've "probably" used vitamin C but it is included in one of my skin-care creams perhaps, but not on its own. But I do eat a lot of anti-oxidant fruits every breakfast consisting of blueberries, raspberries, banana, strawberries (when in season) with organic no-sugar added soya milk, and a teaspoon of maple syrup for added flavour. This is my dose of eating vitamin C per se.

Since you are in Quebec (maybe Montreal), consult a general doctor to give you prescription for Retin-A while waiting for an appointment with a dermatologist. I get my prescription from my general doctor. Should be okay. With prescription drugs, I don't buy online but some forum members go this route and they are comfortable with it. Go to Maxi (pharmacy section) or Walmart, they have Retin-A but you will need a prescription. Jean Coutu and/or Pharmaprix will cost you so much more for Retin-A or any prescription drugs....

Try to tackle your skin issues one at a time. Would be better, than tackling them all at once.

Good luck! Smile

vienna_h wrote:

I have an extrator and I do use it... probably too much Embarassed
I should note I have not yet started the regimen i posted. It's a tentative regimen! I think I might wait for the Vit C...? It seems the least "important".

In Quebec, its almost a year wait to see a derm, and that's with a referal! To see a private one is only a couple months, usually also requires a referal though. (I had a derm who's waiting time wasn't as long, but he past away, and I don't like the new derm my GP refered me too, but I have no choice... so I will keep calling) ANYWAYS! Hopefully I get an appointment before the new year... lol. I'm a little sketched out about buying percription-strength medication online to be honest.
KARTERLEE

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this thread i have this question in my mind and now by reading it my queries are solved now
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi KARTERLEE Smile This forum offers a lot of information on skin-care and I've learned so much from it too.... Keep reading Smile

KARTERLEE wrote:
Thanks for posting this thread i have this question in my mind and now by reading it my queries are solved now
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Change your diet. Eliminate foods with PUFA and add coconut oil; you probably have a hormonal imbalance. Also, do some peels, either lactic or TCA.
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to have to disagree on the coconut oil, it's it saturated fat? It's one of the worst oils for cholesterol, how is that healthy?

As far as diet goes, I'm very careful about what I eat, especially since I was diagnosed with upper gastric IBS and fructose intolerance. I rarely consume dairy products, I haven't for over a decade. I never drank a glass of soda in my life. I must eat red meat regularily however because I am iron deficient, I take iron supplements too. Actually had a blood test this week, my ferritin is up to 11, so I'm improving on that front, but I still feel super tired all the time. I'm sure it also took its toll on my skin.

I guess I have issues have hormones since I have endometriosis. I take continuous BP now. I've tried different pills and no pills, it doesn't affect my skin. And even when I used to get my period, my acne did not follow my cycle, so I don't think it's hormonal.

I've done 12 peels over the past 2 years (I only do them in winter), I do a layer or two of Jessner (which is a mix of Salicyclic and Lactic acid) and then a layer or 15% TCA.

gretchen wrote:
Change your diet. Eliminate foods with PUFA and add coconut oil; you probably have a hormonal imbalance. Also, do some peels, either lactic or TCA.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |