Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

swollen nose after botox.Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:03 am      Reply with quote
My mother had botox for the first time about ten days ago.After some days the tip of her nose has widened a lot and looks very swollen.The forehead is wrinkle free and they even injected the crows feet with no problem.But her enlarged nose makes her look very unnatural and worse than before.I was shocked when I saw her.She went to her doctor and he said that this is normal swelling and it will go away in about a month.She has no redness och pain and there is no sign of infection.
Is this normal?do you have any suggestions to make the swelling go away faster?I thought that it would be a good idea to take antiiflammatory medicin.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of this happening before. Can I recommend you to ask the doctors on realself.com? Just go on the homepage and then click on ask a doctor. It may take them a couple of days to a week to answer but at least you will get a wide variety of expert opinions on the matter.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Did they inject anywhere near her nose?

I have never heard of this happening either, and it never happened to me when using Botox at pretty high levels. Plus my nose is very prone to inflammation since I have had 2 rhinoplasty surgeries, so I would have been a prime candidate for that if it was common.

I would think about going to a dermatologist (that is familiar with Botox) and getting a 2nd opinion. I am wondering if it is an allergic reaction?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:50 am      Reply with quote
See the comments section at this link...the 6th answer down. It looks like it may be a side effect of injecting the nose muscles on the sides of the nose.

She may look like that until it wears off. Sad

http://www.realself.com/question/photo-facial-botox-eye-forehead-brow-areas

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Her eyebrows are way too arched and low giving an evil look.I m really sad ,almost depressed..it was the first time she ever did sth to her face and this has been such a disappointment.She looks waxed like nicole kidman or carla bruni after botox.
I ve helped her a lot to fix the way she looks.She doesnt have thick eyebrows so I plucked the part close to the nose and with a pencil I draw a line so that it looks straight and no pointy.It s a lot better now.
I just wonder if this is how is supposed to look in the beginning because most people swear by it.To me when I saw my mother I thought it looked completely fake,plastic and bad.
By the way she went to a dermatologist who is recommended by her friend who is 50 and looks like 40.
Is this how botox is or was it a bad tecnique used?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
zina wrote:
Her eyebrows are way too arched and low giving an evil look.I m really sad ,almost depressed..it was the first time she ever did sth to her face and this has been such a disappointment.She looks waxed like nicole kidman or carla bruni after botox.
I ve helped her a lot to fix the way she looks.She doesnt have thick eyebrows so I plucked the part close to the nose and with a pencil I draw a line so that it looks straight and no pointy.It s a lot better now.
I just wonder if this is how is supposed to look in the beginning because most people swear by it.To me when I saw my mother I thought it looked completely fake,plastic and bad.
By the way she went to a dermatologist who is recommended by her friend who is 50 and looks like 40.

It sounds like a bad technique, and too much Botox. Sad

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I have never heard this before please consult with your doctor ..Hope you will be fine soon
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have never heard of this before as well.

Where did he inject her that it would affect her nose??

I have had botox twice, first time did not like the way my left brow looked, but 2nd time was great.

Very Happy
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
zina wrote:

Definitely not how it should be. The over arched eyebrows is due to too much botox directly above the brow in the forehead region. Too much in the outer part, relaxes the forehead and pulls up the brow. This happened to me once. tell her to massage the forehead when she can and to deliberately use those muscles. I found the effect wore off pretty quickly and was better within weeks.

I have never heard of the nose thing either. Botox can migrate where it is not wanted, particularly if it is overdiluted. Some injectors will do this so that the patients believe they are getting more units than they actually are. Again, I would massage, scrunch the muscles around the nose to make them active again.

Sorry for you/her. ANother injector next time?

cheers
zina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your support!after one week (about one month after the injections)the swelling went down and the eyebrows look fine!she definitely looks younger and is going to get it again.Oh my god I thought she would stay like this all the time..
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |