Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you think of my regime?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
keiko123

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! Firstly I suppose I should introduce myself. Like many, I have been lurking here on and off for some time and it is largely down to the information found here that I have started thinking more seriously about my skin.

However this forum is huge, and there are so many products talked about, that I am starting to feel a little lost!

I am 28, and my skin is fairly delicate. I don't tan easily and I have noticed some fine lines starting to appear underneath my eyes, and one running from the side of my nose to my mouth (on one side only, bit odd?!)

Currently my regime is pretty simple. I use a Retin-A cream every other evening (0.025%). I buffer this with a little Nivea Night Essentials cream - it's just a basic non active cream. If I don't buffer, I find it hard to spread the Retin-A around evenly, and I also experience more of the negative side effects of Retin-A.

On the nights I don't use the Retin-A, I use Karen Herzog's Vita-A-Kombi cream with Apricot, which has a retinol in it, as well as 2% oxygen I believe.

In the day, I just use the Boots No. 7 Perfect and Protect day cream with SPF 15. In summer I step the protection up with a normal facial sunscreen of factor 50.

That's really all I do - I don't cleanse with anything special, just Oil of Olay cream cleanser and a muslin cloth.

I do use an eye cream - currently one by Ren.

I'm thinking of integrating a low dose of copper peptides into my skincare after reading about them on here!

If anyone has any thoughts on what I'm currently doing, or suggestions for what I perhaps should include in my regime, that would be amazing.

Looking forward to participating in this forum more, now that I have finally made the leap and posted something at long last!

x
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi keiko and welcome to EDS. I think your routine looks pretty good. One thing you may want to consider is a Vitamin C serum. They are a fairly popular product here and have clinical research behind them. There are a ton of different ones at different prices points. You can look into DIY if that kind of thing suits you.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

Or SkinActives has a semi DIY product that some people like.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45653&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

SkinCeuticals and Mad Hippie are two brands that I have used and liked over the years.

Having a line on one side of your face and not the other is not that unusual. A lot of times it can be caused by sleeping on that side or sun hitting that side of your face when driving.

As far as copper peptides, make sure you do your research. Some people love them. Others-not so much.

It is great that you are starting so young. You can avoid a lot of damage by always making sure to wear sunscreen (I like physical one with zinc oxide. This might be something you want to look further into) and using products for prevention instead of repair. Good luck

Mon May 06, 2024 1:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |