Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

and advice - neighbor with bedbugs wants to sleep here
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Im really good friends with this person and actually lost sleep last night knowing he got rid of his mattress and wasnt sleeping.

HOWEVER when he called this am to say he needed to sleep could he use my 2nd bedroom I had a panic attack. SERIOUSLY.

He just sprayed his apartment with something he got from walmart. I read no sprays really work.

He said if i brought him clothes he'd change at his door - but wanted to use my shower. I told him to use his own first and he got mad.

At this point hes just dealing with staying in his place with no bed. BUT i know its going to come up again especially since he now has to buy an air mattress and that will be a few days.

Today he will have had an exterminator use high heat to supposively kill them. Im more comfortable with allowing him to stay AFTER - not sure if even then its a good idea though.

Any advice? Ive done a ton of research - i just dont know what to make of it.

THANKS!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, I would tell him to buy a cheap air mattress at Target or stay in a hotel. It costs a fortune to get rid of them (if it is even possible) and I wouldn't risk it myself! If you feel extra bad, you can buy the air mattress!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Btw, I fear them as well. When I travel for work, I keep my suitcase on the tile floor in the bathroom, and never bring the suitcase in my house. Any clothes go straight into the wash!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I would not risk it either. I understand he does not like your reaction but better safe than very, very sorry. If he's very hard up, give him a spare mattress or an air one he can use in his own house and desinfect or burn afterwards.
Too bad, but bed bugs are nasty and very difficult to get rid of and he must understand that you don't want to risk getting your house infected too.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! (and I dont feel that bad to buy him a mattress) Smile

I think at this point hes ok with staying at his place. He may ask again... but I think he understands.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi mb935 Smile Bed bugs are hard to get rid of. Even then, I would not suggest your friend coming over to your place, even after the terminator killed those bed bugs in his place.... Did he tell you how he got those bed bugs?
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
He took a neighbors old couch after they got a new one. He's thinking of suing as they had 2 dead bugs and traps all over the place when the landlord sent the exterminator there too.

So they gave him an invested couch.

Anyway he asked to come up today and with your advice I was much more cautious. He had his condo up to 180 degrees today for 3 hours. I'm sure they're dead but I can't risk it.

Thanks!!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
It would be better to meet somewhere outside, say, a restaurant. But make sure that you don't "hug" or get too close to his clothes or him because you will never know if he bring some bed bugs with him! These are tiny little insects that you hardly see, until you get a magnifying glass to get a closer look... Just be very cautious because these bed bugs bite!

mb935 wrote:
He took a neighbors old couch after they got a new one. He's thinking of suing as they had 2 dead bugs and traps all over the place when the landlord sent the exterminator there too.

So they gave him an invested couch.

Anyway he asked to come up today and with your advice I was much more cautious. He had his condo up to 180 degrees today for 3 hours. I'm sure they're dead but I can't risk it.

Thanks!!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I keep my suitcase on the tile floor in the bathroom,

What is the purpose of doing that?

If people have bedbugs in their luggage, wouldn't other luggage on the plane become contaminated, too? Or does the freezing air in some luggage compartments kill the bugs?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
bethany wrote:
I keep my suitcase on the tile floor in the bathroom,

What is the purpose of doing that?

If people have bedbugs in their luggage, wouldn't other luggage on the plane become contaminated, too? Or does the freezing air in some luggage compartments kill the bugs?

Bedbugs in hotel rooms are not located on tile floors, so you do not risk them getting in your luggage. I am sure some luggage on planes has bedbugs, but I can only control so much.

Here is a link to tips to avoid bringing bedbugs home...the bathroom tip is #1. It does mention wrapping your luggage in plastic because you can get bedbugs on airplanes.

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20513823,00.html

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |