Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
HELP My Face Has A Few Wounds
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
You guys are so helpful, so I though I would ask your help on this one. I had a couple deep seeded "clogged" pores, or blemishes whatever they were, well my 10X mirror got the best of me so I picked. I think since I use Tazorac daily my skin is thin, now I have open wounds that are going to be scabs. Of course these are really hard to cover with make up and I find I have to clean them out every couple of hours, because (not to sound grosse) but they sort of weep and then it dries a hard crust. Which is even harder to "hide". Any suggestions on getting the redness and weeping hole to heal faster? Crying or Very sad Mad Shock Sad

Thanks in advance Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
When you're at home put on Manuka honey. I just had the Derm cut some spots off, and used honey. They healed reallly well. Oh, and put that mirror far, far away!
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Yogi, where do I buy Manuka honey? I have never heard of it before and do I just leave a big glob on it? What type of time frame do you think it will take to make these ugly "holes" go away...I feel like hiding. I know I did it to myself, but I was bound to get those suckers OUT. Now I am sorry I did...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
EEk!! That doesn't sound fun, poor you. Sad
The crust is your bodies way of trying to protect the damaged area - so as long as you have cleaned it thoroughly you should really try to not keep removing it as it can cause further damage and possible scarring (been there done that when I was in my teens!). I do know how hard it is to cover though when its like that, but ideally leaving them to scab and heal naturally in the air will heal them quickest (some antiseptic products can actually slow down healing!). If you must try to cover it, soak off the worst of the crusty bits with a face cloth soaked in clean warm water, hold the cloth over the area until the crust softens and lifts off - DON'T pick or rub. Then dab dry gently.

Ok wierd tip I used when I had to make up people with this when I was an esthetician - using a hair dryer on a LOW setting will make the fluid that seeps and then crusts, dry quicker leaving less of a crust (*sorry bit graphic!). Then I would use a mineral foundation/concealer if you have to make up - creams/liquids won't 'stick'.

Sure others will have good advice too but hope I've helped a bit.

Edited to add - the honey is a great idea!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
do you have any copper peptides around? I mean the 1st generation like Neova or Super GHK Serum? Copper is very healing. Have you been to a doctor to make sure they are not infected? I'd start out with an antibiotic than use the copper.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure I read that Copper peptides can slow the healing of open wounds but are great once the skin has begun to heal over/scarred? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think ladies that applying polysporin or something of that nature will help as well? I think in the past when I have applied this stuff at night, that yes although it helps the infection, it does not help dry it out. The next morning it is all gooey and I can not apply make up, at least to a scab. (At least try to not look like a freak!).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
thanks Yogi, where do I buy Manuka honey? I have never heard of it before and do I just leave a big glob on it? What type of time frame do you think it will take to make these ugly "holes" go away...I feel like hiding. I know I did it to myself, but I was bound to get those suckers OUT. Now I am sorry I did...

Remember, it probably isn't as bad looking to other people as you think. Re the manuka honey, if you are in the U.S., I bought mine at Whole Foods. It comes from N.Z., so I imagine if you had to order it, it would take too long. If you can't get it, just use a good organic honey. There are some really good threads about the manuka. HTH
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
When you're at home put on Manuka honey. I just had the Derm cut some spots off, and used honey. They healed reallly well. Oh, and put that mirror far, far away!

Yes, good quality honey (the whiteish one, not liquid) is my good old standby. Use it on a spot or cold sores (and in home made mask and hair care, and of cours sore throats), and it really helps the healing. Honey is very anti-bacterial and that's why it works. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'd leave it (the PS that is)off personally if the wound is clean and not infected. I'd stick to something simple like saline solution to cleanse if there is infection.(& the Manuka) Best sometimes to leave these things alone and let nature do her thing. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
I'm sure I read that Copper peptides can slow the healing of open wounds but are great once the skin has begun to heal over/scarred? Wink

I'm not sure about that. I thought that was emu oil. I know that when I get a cut which thanks to my skin condition happens more than I like...I put antiobiotic and once the wound is covered with a scab. I begin to use copper peptides. The second generation ones. They help me heal much better than I would have done on my own. Because I do tend to scar, naturally with the use of copper peptides my scarring is very slight.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Skincarefreak - I may have got it wrapped round my neck and it may be emu - can't remember just had this vague recollection!!LOL!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Lucia wrote:

I'm not sure about that. I thought that was emu oil. I know that when I get a cut which thanks to my skin condition happens more than I like...I put antiobiotic and once the wound is covered with a scab. I begin to use copper peptides. The second generation ones. They help me heal much better than I would have done on my own. Because I do tend to scar, naturally with the use of copper peptides my scarring is very slight.

I remembered about a study at Texas tech that was referred to in Dr. P.'s book. Quote:
Quote:
Politis and Dmytrovich found that if emu oil is applied two days after an injury, it aids the healing process. However, they also foudnd that when emu oil is applied immediately after an injury, it delays healing. So for skin repair, first use an SCRP product to help start repair, and then later start using emu oil.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Skincarefreak - I may have got it wrapped round my neck and it may be emu - can't remember just had this vague recollection!!LOL!!!

I'm not completely sure either. I guess it's trial and error...I know the SRCP's do help me heal better.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Any suggestions on getting the redness and weeping hole to heal faster?

bergquis, I feel for you because I did something similar a couple days ago. I had read that a salt water compress will clear up a cystic pimple. Well, I had clear skin, but could feel one of those starting on my chin so I gave it a try. Never again, because I left the salt water on too long, then squeezed it too hard (once I get started I don't stop till I get that sucker out), and by the time I was done had this big red angry weeping hole on my chin. Sad But I took out my trusty Polysporin cream (not the ointment) and the spot is almost gone after just 2 days. I keep rubbing it in until no more will absorb, then add more so that I actually have a white spot so it will keep absorbing. I do this continuously throughout the day, and night when I'm up. I heals it very fast with no mark. HTH
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I do this to myself all the time--- what a nightmare! The manuka honey is a good idea, although it also sounds a little bit sticky for me. You might want to try to get your hands on a sample of Best Bath Store's acne serum--- the active ingredient is manuka honey, and I put this on all my extractions and it seems to help them heal more quickly. When I've done major, MAJOR damage to my face I still use the manuka acen serum, but then I keep a thick layer of healing ointment over it for a few days (I use Burt's Bees Res-Q ointment or Brave Soldier antiseptic ointment--- both contain lavender so they really help the redness so the injured area doesn't look as bad. The Brave Soldier also contains a little lidocaine to stop the pain, which also helps because I feel a little better about my mangled face when I don't feel it throbbing in pain.)--- keeping it moist with ointment seems to speed up the healing for me. Oh and of course, if you have any O2 spray, douse the wound with O2 each time you wash your face. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Lucia wrote:

I've been told not to put CP on broken skin also.. Think
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would also recommend Burt's Bees Res-q ointment.. Sometimes I also use neosporin on 1 or 2 broken skin and it does help, but I wouldn't put on my whole entire face because it would give me clogged pores. You should give Burt's Bees a try! Smile I also have Manuka Honey at home but personally I don't use it as it is way too sticky for me..
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
bergquis wrote:
Any suggestions on getting the redness and weeping hole to heal faster?

bergquis, I feel for you because I did something similar a couple days ago. I had read that a salt water compress will clear up a cystic pimple. Well, I had clear skin, but could feel one of those starting on my chin so I gave it a try. Never again, because I left the salt water on too long, then squeezed it too hard (once I get started I don't stop till I get that sucker out), and by the time I was done had this big red angry weeping hole on my chin. Sad But I took out my trusty Polysporin cream (not the ointment) and the spot is almost gone after just 2 days. I keep rubbing it in until no more will absorb, then add more so that I actually have a white spot so it will keep absorbing. I do this continuously throughout the day, and night when I'm up. I heals it very fast with no mark. HTH

eek - i did the exact same thing and now i have this big, angry, dark red, inflamed scab on my chin that hurts like hell. while it was weeping/bleeding last night i doused it with witch hazel hydrsol, yonka emulsion pure, and i feel pretty healing serum, but it's still hurting. i have carekate's first aid salve at home, as well as bbs's acne serum - do you think i should pick the scab off and sort of "start over" with these products on it to help it heal, or just leave it be and put these two on top of the scab?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
eek - i did the exact same thing and now i have this big, angry, dark red, inflamed scab on my chin that hurts like hell. while it was weeping/bleeding last night i doused it with witch hazel hydrsol, yonka emulsion pure, and i feel pretty healing serum, but it's still hurting. i have carekate's first aid salve at home, as well as bbs's acne serum - do you think i should pick the scab off and sort of "start over" with these products on it to help it heal, or just leave it be and put these two on top of the scab?

When I use Polysporin, it never actually becomes a scab. Overnight it heals completely over and just becoems a small red bump. But whenever I do get a scab I never pick it off. If I do that then I find that the "hole" gets deeper than before I started. When I get a scab I soak in the tub with a moisturizing mask, or even just have a long shower, and when I get out the scab or dry skin comes off when I dry off my face.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
thanks - i'll try that. i've got the dr. h rejuvenating mask, so i'll wash my face, apply the mask, wait a bit, then take a long hot shower and then apply the carekate salve . . .
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
thanks - i'll try that. i've got the dr. h rejuvenating mask, so i'll wash my face, apply the mask, wait a bit, then take a long hot shower and then apply the carekate salve . . .

What is the carekate salve used for? I've never tried it but I'm thinking maybe it will work better than Polysporin, not that I'm planning on making any more holes in my skin. Smile Let me know how the salve works.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
it's supposed to be an all natural alternative to poly/neosporin. sort of similar to burt's bee's res-q ointment, but with even more goodies in it. if you do a search here for carekate and first aid you should come up with a bunch of reviews for it Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I wanted to add a couple more things:

Recently, after I do extractions, I soak a cotton ball with Candy's Lavender Aloe Silk body spray and hold it onto the extracted area as a compress for a minute or so. The witch hazel in it helps disinfect the wound, and the lavender oil nips redness in the bud. Smells great too!

Some people have mentioned carekate's skin salve, and I definitely think it would help. However, I thought I should mention that Candy also has an herbal healing balm (kind of like an all-natural neosporin, chock full of herbal-infused healing oils), and I ordered it recently just for kicks and I was WAY impressed with it, so if you have a hard time getting ahold of carekate, I would wholeheartedly recommend Candy's balm. I don't think she has it listed on her site yet, but you can PM her for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Are carekate's salve and Candy's balm - creams or ointments?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |