Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New to micro-current - does it work and what to choose?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I´m starting to get interested in getting a micro current device. I don't know anything about it though - so does it work - my problem is mainly that my brows has started to sag a little. Can it help with that? And are there any scientific evidence to to back the effectiveness of micro-current?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sidmo, which MC device are you leaning towards?
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Saggy brows are easy to lift. Here's the technique:

http://youtu.be/VNyYBxIPNmY

Wish I could recommend a good home use machine but what I've seen so far leaves me unimpressed.

Cheers,
Christine Byer
Master Esthetician (specializing in microcurrent)

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've had a sum total of ONE microcurrent treatment (want more...scheduling issues) and the one area I noticed improvement in was the brows. They looked lifted with just the single treatment. I think you'll see an improvement there.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:

Wish I could recommend a good home use machine but what I've seen so far leaves me unimpressed.

Cheers,
Christine Byer

Hi Christine, Have you checked out the CACI microlift device yet? I was wondering how you feel about this one. There are videos demonstrating it on youtube. Smile
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

I only heard of the Nuface - are there others you can recommend?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:00 am      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Saggy brows are easy to lift. Here's the technique:

http://youtu.be/VNyYBxIPNmY

Cheers,
Christine Byer

The problem is that I live in Denmark and haven't found a place where they offer the treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:
daler wrote:

I have not used any but CACI has come up with a home use device, following is the thread in case you have not seen it:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46765&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Sidmo wrote:
daler wrote:

I have not used any but CACI has come up with a home use device, following is the thread in case you have not seen it:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46765&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I have not used the Caci yet either. Not sure if I can get it in the states yet as its an English machine.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone get good results using a MC device?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard when Nancy's machine is coming out. At first it was May, then Dec., now???

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested to know how the CACI home device compares to nuface trinity. I think PQ has both.
I dropped a line to nanci today to ask about news for her machine. Will report back any news.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I dropped a line to nanci today to ask about news for her machine. Will report back any news.

Thanks Catski.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Got a very fast reply, very nice, but zero info about any release date. Nada, zip, zilch. Evidently it's nothing we should be holding our breath about.m Wink
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder what's in those professional MC machines that they sell for 10s of 1000s.... i think its just hyped up price to sell to saloons n like... microcurrent machines are not laser or something!!!!!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Got a very fast reply, very nice, but zero info about any release date. Nada, zip, zilch. Evidently it's nothing we should be holding our breath about.m Wink

Thanks Catski for trying. Looks like I'll be waiting on PQ review of the CACI home machine. Of course I'll have to wait until they start shipping to the US. Maybe I'll find one I like better in the meantime. Trouble is I don't really ever know what I'm looking at so it's hard to tell if a certain machine is good or not.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone bought any of these, there are quite a few machines of this model listed on eBay. Is it any good?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORTABLE-DIGITAL-BIO-LIFT-MICROCURRENT-FACIAL-MACHINE-MAGIC-HANDS-SPA-EQUIPMENT-/271006945557?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&hash=item3f1945d115

Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I ask Nancy when the microcurrent is comming out, and ask me iff i post this on EDS.

I wonder if you would be so kind to let them all know that I do not have a date. This is a huge project that needs to be done precisely, and it can't be rushed. The microcurrrent is still in development. I honestly do not have a date for you, I wish I did!

Because the device is still in development, it's impossible for me to put a price on it at this point. But I can tell you that it's going to have to be in the $1,000.00 - $2,000.00 range. For what it will be able to do, it can be compared to professional devices costing anywhere from $7,000.00 to $15,000.00. There is not a home device out there that has the features that this one does - the specifications are based on a high end professional device. It does have separate probes. The lifting and firming portion has microamps that range from 100 to either 600 or 800 (face/body). It has 8 wave forms for each uA, with the exception of the muscle balancing work. The muscle balancing work uA's are static and start at 40 and go up to 300.

When it becomes available, I'll announce it on my blog as well as in a newsletter. In fact, I will probably send out a special newsletter announcing its arrival.

Thank you cherry & Happy Holidays to you, your family and friends!

Nanci

Nancy
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
The lifting and firming portion has microamps that range from 100 to either 600 or 800 (face/body). It has 8 wave forms for each uA, with the exception of the muscle balancing work. The muscle balancing work uA's are static and start at 40 and go up to 300.

I thought I read/heard that microcurrent was only supposed to go up to 500. Is it different for the body vs the face?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:44 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
chery wrote:
The lifting and firming portion has microamps that range from 100 to either 600 or 800 (face/body). It has 8 wave forms for each uA, with the exception of the muscle balancing work. The muscle balancing work uA's are static and start at 40 and go up to 300.

I thought I read/heard that microcurrent was only supposed to go up to 500. Is it different for the body vs the face?

I think it depends on the settings of the device and whether it's the main treatment or maintenance. I could be wrong, but I think in many cases maintenance gets done at microamps above/at 500. At first you have the treatments 2-3x a week with <500 microamp and then those monthly or so "check-ups" with a different intensity. Those protocols differ from device to device though, kinda flexible. Plus the intensity is changed within one treatment as well, I'd think it's great that the machine they are developing has such a range.
No idea about body, but it could be that one's gluteus needs more juice running through it than say, corrugator supercilii. Laughing
ellenk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:26 am      Reply with quote
hello, perhaps someone could help me here.
I bought this machine on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221063387873?var=520097722914&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It has 4 programs and shows I think mild-medium and pulse (strong) wave length.I guess I have to use P2 for lifting and toning and P4 for feathering and P1 for lymph drain. Am i correct ? I emailed about technical data but have not received any response yet-I should have known better.

I can put the machine on Auto and it will automatically switch from P1 to P4 withing a minute

The energy output has settings from 1-16 and even 1 is quite strong.

Any help,thoughts would be very appreciated.
Thanks a lot

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 am      Reply with quote
ellenk wrote:
hello, perhaps someone could help me here.
I bought this machine on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221063387873?var=520097722914&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It has 4 programs and shows I think mild-medium and pulse (strong) wave length.I guess I have to use P2 for lifting and toning and P4 for feathering and P1 for lymph drain. Am i correct ? I emailed about technical data but have not received any response yet-I should have known better.

I can put the machine on Auto and it will automatically switch from P1 to P4 withing a minute

The energy output has settings from 1-16 and even 1 is quite strong.

Any help,thoughts would be very appreciated.
Thanks a lot

The only sort of instructions I can find on the web are these:

http://www.inrussia.us/index.php?option=com_ebay&task=showitem&itemid=180969399616

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I will keep looking for you.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Philip,
I have a video which shows how to use the machine with gloves and probes. What I am not sure about is what program or wave I should use. I might just put it on Auto. Confused

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |