Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Botox for horizontal forehead lines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Angelina Ballerina
5% products discount

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
A couple of weeks ago I had my first encounter with botox.
I got 10 units for my horizontal forehead lines.
The Dr did a couple of extra injections on the right side, she said the muscle was strong on that side.

Anyway, my right eyebrow has dropped giving me a mild droop.
I can barely lift my eyebrows.
My forehead looks great though.

If I get botox again I'd like to try a bit less, maybe 7 units. I have a very small forehead.

I'm wondering if people have tried less botox and still gotten a good result?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think your doctor used about the right amount; the usual cause for causing a droop to the eyebrow is placement too close to the brow, overdilution of botox which may cause it to travel, or if the patient reclines within a few hours of getting injected which also may cause it to travel. For this reason I always inject in the am.

The good news is that botox will wear off. I would definitely give the doctor a call to see if she offers you any recompense. Perhaps there is a medical remedy for this; I know there are drops that can be used for eyelid droop but that is a different problem.

Don't be put off, botox works but it is important to find an injector whom you can trust to do a good job. Even doctors have a learning curve and can make mistakes.

I hope you find a satisfactory resolution that gets your brow back to normal quickly.
AthleteKitty
5% products discount

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Angelina Ballerina, there is also a way to inject botox on the forehead that will lift the eyebrows. My dr does this for me so the next time you go you may want to talk to your dr. about this.

5% products discount

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I've booked a follow up appt for next week, so hopefully that will help a bit.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Angelina Ballerina wrote:
I've booked a follow up appt for next week, so hopefully that will help a bit.

Yes it is important your dr. sees the result maybe it can be corrected. If it cannot be corrected, by seeing the result the dr. should know how to ajust for next time.

Let us know I'm curious about it, since I also get Botox and I might face a similaire situation.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
The 1st time i had botox she put a small injection above my brow to stop the corners of my eye brows from raising themselves too high (you know like dr spock LOL). But since one eyebrow muscle was stronger than the other it made my eye brows uneven (one was lower). The time after I went she didn't do those injections and didn't put too much in the eye brow lift area ether. Was much better.

I agree with the others that sometimes it takes a couple goes to see what actually works for your face. But my dr does a follow up treatment for everyones first time.She never charged for her time or to tweak and fix. I think any good dr would and should do this.

I must admit I love the way she does it now and she doesnt use alot of botox either...actually we use dysport.

Goodluck with your follow up
Angelina Ballerina
5% products discount

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I saw the Dr again today and she said next time she would inject further away from my brows. She said I was sensitive to botox which is good because I don't need much and it costs less.
Because my eyebrow drop was only very mild she didn't want to add any more botox today and risk making it asymetrical.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |