Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Is Christie Brinkley's Secret?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
How can a woman who's nearly 60 years old look this great?

What does she do?
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
She will never tell. But, if she did give an answer it would be healthy lifestyle and her skincare line.Bad Grin She sure does look great but, what's up with the skin on her arms?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Plastic surgery.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/29/christie-brinkley-face-li_n_556643.html

http://www.celebitchy.com/256068/christie_brinkley_is_a_cover_girl_for_plastic_surgery_/

http://chatterbusy.blogspot.com/2012/11/christie-brinkley-plastic-surgery.html?m=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
She will never tell. But, if she did give an answer it would be healthy lifestyle and her skincare line.Bad Grin She sure does look great but, what's up with the skin on her arms?

Ugh...good point! That makes the plastic surgery on her face even more obvious!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I saw in the user guidelines the phrases "common sense, basic manners, good judgement, civility and respect" and if only those traits mattered to so many... Christie Brinkley is a stunningly beautiful, philanthropic, talented, kindhearted woman who has always emanated a golden light that I just believe comes from being a dear soul. No surgeon is that good and my sympathies to the less kindhearted and evidently less content commenters here.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Artie wrote:
I saw in the user guidelines the phrases "common sense, basic manners, good judgement, civility and respect" and if only those traits mattered to so many... Christie Brinkley is a stunningly beautiful, philanthropic, talented, kindhearted woman who has always emanated a golden light that I just believe comes from being a dear soul. No surgeon is that good and my sympathies to the less kindhearted and evidently less content commenters here.

Yep...a stunningly beautiful, philanthropic, talented, kindhearted woman who has had plastic surgery. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, so I am not sure why you are criticizing posters here?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 am      Reply with quote
To be perfectly honest, I never noticed much of a difference with any of her "shocking & revealing" before & after photos. Laughing I'm certain those surgeons are good at their jobs (especially to be able to charge what someone like her would be willing to pay!) but I think the anti-aging effects of their efforts were minimal at best.

She just has great genes, a great smile, and an inner glow. There are probably a lot of different things she does to remain youthful; staying in shape, good nutrition, and most likely hormone replacement considering her age. She is just one of the lucky ones, in more than one way.
Artie

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Artie wrote:

Yep...a stunningly beautiful, philanthropic, talented, kindhearted woman who has had plastic surgery. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, so I am not sure why you are criticizing posters here?

Again, my sympathies, not criticism, are for a couple of bloggers who seem to be desensitized towards at best, their poor manners and at worst, just choosing to be unkind. I just don't understand that need nor people's assumptions about an individual they may not even actually know...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Artie wrote:
bethany wrote:
Artie wrote:

Again, my sympathies, not criticism, are for a couple of bloggers who seem to be desensitized towards at best, their poor manners and at worst, just choosing to be unkind. I just don't understand that need nor people's assumptions about an individual they may not even actually know...

Interesting. Good luck here on the forum, though I am not sure it will meet your expectations, lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Chlorophyll wrote:
To be perfectly honest, I never noticed much of a difference with any of her "shocking & revealing" before & after photos. Laughing I'm certain those surgeons are good at their jobs (especially to be able to charge what someone like her would be willing to pay!) but I think the anti-aging effects of their efforts were minimal at best.

She just has great genes, a great smile, and an inner glow. There are probably a lot of different things she does to remain youthful; staying in shape, good nutrition, and most likely hormone replacement considering her age. She is just one of the lucky ones, in more than one way.

I think the best plastic surgeons have the most subtle results, plus the key is to consistently do small surgeries over time as aging creeps in.

If you look at her pics, you can see that the skin has become a bit tighter around her jaw line and her neck looks really good as well. Maybe it was due to a tightening laser, but I doubt it. Her eyes look improved too, but without the horrible misshapen look that is SOOO horrid.

But the crepey arm flesh shows that her skin is aging...you just don't see it on her face because of the plastic surgery. I would love to have those types of results and the fabulous genes, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
What kind of plastic surgery do you think that she gets?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
What kind of plastic surgery do you think that she gets?

A couple of options were listed in the links I posted above.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Christie Brinkley's biggest secret appears to be significant quantities of filler in her cheeks. She does have a lovely smile and a nice glow (the glow gets a helping hand too and there's nothing wrong with that). I'm sure without it all she would look very pleasant and pretty but not as youthful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Interesting. Good luck here on the forum, though I am not sure it will meet your expectations, lol

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think this forum will suit our new member. Wink
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I think the best plastic surgeons have the most subtle results, plus the key is to consistently do small surgeries over time as aging creeps in.

I can totally see this. Gals with money can afford to have multiple/lesser treatments over time, as opposed to someone who has to save up and get maybe one or two drastic changes in their life. The differences are so subtle in her case, I think my untrained eye just grazed right past them.

I still think people like her double down and use several different methods to maintain their looks, though. The rest of us would too, if we had that kind of spare cash! I wonder what kind of topicals she uses? Does anybody know? When I try to look it up, all I can find is information on her own skincare line. I also wonder if she ever has chemical peels or sound/light therapy. Maybe for maintenance between more serious procedures? I guess only she knows.

She looks absolutely gorgeous for her age, and I think we're all happy for her. Despite what it might look like to some...
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Let's face it - Christie has very good material to work with. If you look at her face it has perfect proportions - perfect thirds chin to nose, nose to eyebrows, eyebrows to hairline; also perfect fifths across her face along the eyes, plus beautiful teeth highlighted by that radiant smile and great cheekbones. She would be a beautiful woman even without plastic surgery. Like many of us she is just using what she has access to and can afford to maintain her best appearance. Nobody here begrudges her that, but as a group I think the members of this forum have an extremely discriminating eye for these types of maintenance so we comment on it.

Obviously many of us approve of and actively seek out the best beauty fixes. Hence the title of this thread!

Studies have shown that humans are hardwired to respond to beauty, and that certain standards of beauty are consistant through all races and cultures. Things like symmetry, clear skin, and waist to hip ratio are biological signals of fertility and those with proportions close to the ideal, like Christie, are lucky - and admired for their fortunate countenance.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:13 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Let's face it - Christie has very good material to work with. If you look at her face it has perfect proportions - perfect thirds chin to nose, nose to eyebrows, eyebrows to hairline; also perfect fifths across her face along the eyes, plus beautiful teeth highlighted by that radiant smile and great cheekbones. She would be a beautiful woman even without plastic surgery. Like many of us she is just using what she has access to and can afford to maintain her best appearance. Nobody here begrudges her that, but as a group I think the members of this forum have an extremely discriminating eye for these types of maintenance so we comment on it.

Obviously many of us approve of and actively seek out the best beauty fixes. Hence the title of this thread!

Studies have shown that humans are hardwired to respond to beauty, and that certain standards of beauty are consistant through all races and cultures. Things like symmetry, clear skin, and waist to hip ratio are biological signals of fertility and those with proportions close to the ideal, like Christie, are lucky - and admired for their fortunate countenance.

Very well said mismis. Christie Brinkley is a very beautiful women and whatever changes she has done have been done in such a way to not stand out. I think a lot of use on here would love to have her genes to start with.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Her hair is beautiful. It looks so thick and shiny.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
mismis wrote:

Very well said mismis. Christie Brinkley is a very beautiful women and whatever changes she has done have been done in such a way to not stand out. I think a lot of use on here would love to have her genes to start with.

Totally agree!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
No big secret, I don't think. Lots of money, good doctors, access to any kind of treatment she wants. I remember reading that she is a health enthusiast as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
No big secret, I don't think. Lots of money, good doctors, access to any kind of treatment she wants. I remember reading that she is a health enthusiast as well.

Most middle-aged women with as much money as she has look nothing like her.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Most middle aged women don't put the time and effort into it that she does. There are many older women in the entertainment business who look fabulous - for many, it's a matter of putting food in their mouths, as their looks are their business. Don't get me wrong, Christie Brinkley obviously has good genes - but she works at it, I'm sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Don't get me wrong, Christie Brinkley obviously has good genes - but she works at it, I'm sure.

I agree. She certainly works hard at it. If she didn't she would look like a beautiful woman in her late fifties, not her forties. No matter how much you have going for you. (genes, money etc.) You still need to consistently use the many methods available to keep looking good.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:12 am      Reply with quote
My educated guess:

- a lifelong healthy lifestyle: good diet, lots of exercise, sun protection, the best preventive and regular medical care.

- gifted with great genes

- lots of money and free time to throw at the anti-aging process.

BFG
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
How do you think that she found her doctors?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |