Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How to prevent/reduce scarring from a recent facial cut
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hollow

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there. I've lurked here for years and rarely posted, but learned SO MUCH from all of you about skincare. Smile

I was injured a week ago in an incident that left me with a cut on my forehead. It is about one inch long and I probably should have gotten a stitch or two as it was rather deep and gaping. My husband butterflied it together with a band-aid and did a good job, as it now is not open, but closed up and healing nicely.

I've been keeping it clean, using an antibiotic cream, and mostly keeping a band-aid over it. I just don't know what to do beyond that as far as preventing or reducing scarring.

I AM NOT ASKING FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, so no worries about that. Just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience and can offer some advice. In general, I use a Lightstim almost every night for anti-aging, do dermarolling every two weeks or so for product penetration (0.5 needles), use homemade cleansing oil, homemade vitamin C serum, Olay Regenerist serum, and argan oil. Once a week or so I use MyChelle Pumpkin Peel and on occasion I use MUAC Glycolic Peel (I think the lowest percentage).

Obviously I'm not using those products on the injured area right now, but just putting my routine out there if anyone has any suggestions as to which of those would be helpful once the cut has healed over.

I did search for quite some time on here as to other relevant threads and didn't find any. I'm posting this in hopes of getting some responses while this wound is still semi-new to do what I can to lessen the impact.

If it matters, I am female, 43 years old, generally nice skin, dry to normal, European-American, medium complexion that is fairly tolerant of things like retinols. I also have no health insurance right now and money is tight, so seeing a doctor is really not an option for something that appears to be healing just fine. To clarify, I'm not worried about how it's healing, just wondering if I can do anything to mitigate cosmetic damage.

Thank you so much!
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
When cut immediatley put chili/cayenne powder to the wound to close super dooper fast.
Wait for it to close for some time and cover with a mix of aloe vera and slippery elm bark and wrap it with bandaid till healed.

In fact you can do this now if you believe it is still healing.(the slippery elm and fresh aloe juice paste)

You can keep neosporin to the wound to moisturise it.
You can keep oils and butters .
I have heard for a recipe where you just heat cocoa butter and mix it with avocado oil and put it on the wound to prevent scarring.

A WOUND SHOULD ALWAYS BE MOISTURISED.NEVER LET IT DRY CAUSE THE BODY WOULD CLOSE IT WITH INORGANIC LIME/BAD CALCIUM WHICH WILL RESULT IN SCARRING.

Tell us how it is healing.Keep us inform Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Calendula ointment is the premiere initial salve, after that mix helichryseum with rosehip and massage 2 x daily.

Good luck.
hollow

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your replies. I purchased calendula ointment and have been using it. I like it. I also purchased rosehip oil, which I have been wanting to try on my skin anyway, and will look for the helichryseum tomorrow as they did not carry it at Whole Foods.
havana8

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:24 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Calendula ointment is the premiere initial salve, after that mix helichryseum with rosehip and massage 2 x daily.

Good luck.

I've used the Helichrysum and Rose Hip Seed Oil blend from Nature's Gift in the past and found it worked well but it did take time. (The website isn't the greatest but it is filled with lots of great info.)

There's also the Celsus Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream.

Welcome to the forum, hollow. Glad you finally decided to jump in. Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Everything with scars takes time, unfortunately. The bio celsus has nice ingredients, and if your scar is very small I'd say definitely use it, based on the ingredients list.

If your scar isnt small or you budget isnt big..tamanu oil is a good choice, its much cheaper than helichrysum.

I bought some centella asiatica from skinactives and mixed it into an base cream and added tamanu and some lavender oil plus sea buckthorn oil..its a nice mix...because scar treatment is a longish term project, one can get through a lot of product, as twice daily massage is optimal, so being creative with ingredients gives the skin more to respond to and keeps costs down.

Bio celsus is quite pricey.
havana8

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Everything with scars takes time, unfortunately. The bio celsus has nice ingredients, and if your scar is very small I'd say definitely use it, based on the ingredients list.

If your scar isnt small or you budget isnt big..tamanu oil is a good choice, its much cheaper than helichrysum.

I bought some centella asiatica from skinactives and mixed it into an base cream and added tamanu and some lavender oil plus sea buckthorn oil..its a nice mix...because scar treatment is a longish term project, one can get through a lot of product, as twice daily massage is optimal, so being creative with ingredients gives the skin more to respond to and keeps costs down.

Bio celsus is quite pricey.

I actually thought $19.99 was quite inexpensive!

That's a nice tip about the tamanu, seabuckthorn and lavender oil, catski.
hollow

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for additional replies and welcoming me to the forum Smile

The massaging 2x a day with oils/scar cream should come after the wound is fully healed, yes? Does anyone know if it's a good or bad idea to use my Lightstim on the injury and at what point? Also, I was (right before this happened) planning to try dermarolling for product penetration...I'll post in one of the more specific dermarolling threads when I'm fully healed but just wondering about thoughts on dermarolling this thing.

Thank you so much.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 am      Reply with quote
havana, its a tiny wee tube, isnt it?!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |