Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
What works for red marks?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lizard1

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I am very depressed right now.

Im 26 male and recently had a horrible breakout in my face. The problem is i always have these horrible red marks after a pimple goes away. I use to be able to get rid of it by using AHA but now it seems like it has no effect on it whatsoever.

Can someone please tell me what product they used that worked? AHA cream doesn't work for me anymore. I have done lemon juice, ACV and almost every method you can think of back a few years ago which did not work. Only thing that worked was glycolic acid cream and now it doesn't work anymore for me.

I'm willing to try anything. Should i do a chemical peel? I heard some ppl mention laser but the thing is most of these marks are very recent.
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am a 23 year old guy and I have had the same issues with acne/red marks for a while.

I also had glycolic peels which helped but what really helped on the procedure level of things was the Levulan Blu Light therapy. It sucks for a about a week because your skin WILL shed off. You need to take a week off because you will look like a paper shredder exploded on your face. I AM NOT KIDDING.

In the end though, it works. New skin, no red marks, fresh to death.

If you don't want to go that route (it just sounds so appealing) I would suggest trying some products by Cosmedix. I use their products for my skin and I have found lots of success.

For scarring and redness, I use their Define product as well as their Lightning product. It's not only acid but a bunch of other ingredients proven to fade scars and lighten pigmentation. I can say that these two products have done that for me and I still use them because they work. I use these after I wash with their Purity Clean cleanser at night. I wash with Benefit Clean in the morning (it's their gentle cleanser). I suggest their Benefit Clean to start. Their washes are formulated with acids and other natural ingredients that make skin fall in love but the Purity is very potent. VERY. I also use their moisturizers and sunscreen.

I have never had success with my skin like what I have experienced in the past 2 months using Cosmedix. I really am not getting paid by them. I just like what they do for me.

Another product line to consider is from Eminence Organics. They have a brightening line that is supposed to work for pigmentation and scarring so check that out. They make excellent products but I have not used their brightening stuff. Check them out! Good luck and if you have any questions, ask or PM me.

http://us.eminenceorganics.com/Whats-New_c_1.html

http://www.cosmedix.com/collections/sun-and-age-spots
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lizard1 you are still quite young. It's true as we age things take longer to heal, but I think with a bit of patience you could get on top of this. Topicals can be good, but AHAs never worked for me either. The only thing that worked on my red marks was IPL. They faded quite dramatically. Otherwise topical hydroquinone may help too. Peels are also great, but with topicals you need to give it time.

Also please dont pick at pimples it makes the red marks worse.

Before I forget I find vit E oil helps just as a spot treatment when the pimple is gone and the red mark is just starting to heal (fresh red mark that is). Again its a topical so takes time.

Goodluck Smile
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for asking this and thank you guys for answering because I had the exact same question. If anyone else has any suggestions, please speak up! Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Turmeric. Its messy, but it fades effectively.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Another important thing is to wear sunblock on your face everyday. I think the thing that worked best for hyperpigmentation on my face was to use a pure zinc oxide sunblock (I like Thinkbaby with 20% zinc oxide) daily.
Angelina Ballerina
5% products discount

Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Skin lighteners/brighteners with or without hydroquinone are good for these types of marks.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Turmeric? Interesting. How would one go about using this? I guess I could Google haha.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you could google.. as its a powder, its up to you how to use it: mix with yoghurt and aspirin is effective indeed. Easy to mix with aloe gel and leave it on as long as possible. It will leave skin slightly yellow, but easy to cover with make up. Try it in the evening first, wgen you dont need to go out!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |